Around the league part 2

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Oh look, another pathetic BS post calling me out. And see this is what I mean @Sol and @BigKing. Posts like these get likes and laughs from two posters who I actually have respect for. But they laugh and like the BS from the worst of the worst .

Btw, for clarity, since of course the 🤡 won’t bring up that part of it, the players that me and Bandit had disagreements over were

Johnny Gaudreau
Quinn Hughes
Cole Caufield

Each one became a star caliber player at the NHL level. But keep up your BS like I am defending Justin Azcevado and Kevin Dallman.
TBF, I was laughing at the idea of Caulfield being 3ft tall.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Here is why…

been gone for months and come back to posts that I am tagged or mentioned in that are complete BS.

I think QB is a bust. This is my favorite because the main reason I came back was to pay Sol for a bet I lost on QB’s production. So I think he is a bust yet am betting on him not being a bust.? Makes a ton of sense.

I thought the Kings were going to suck. Another good one because not only did I post on this very forum that I had the Kings making the playoffs but I also have a bet on the over on the Kings total and futures bets on the Kings winning the division, conference and cup.

I over value small players. Again I mentioned the 3 players you and I sparred over. One of them finished 2nd in the league in scoring last year, another one was 10th in goals this season at age 21/22 despite playing 1/3 of the season with a busted shoulder and the other one has been one of the best offensive d-man in the league from the moment he stepped on NHL ice.

Would it be better if I said

“Gaudreau won’t last long in the league, just a matter of time before someone like Regehr ends his career”

“I don’t want the Kings drafting a midget at #5, I don’t care how many goals he scores “

There is only one person with irrational views on players like that who frequents this board, and it’s not me.
I really think you're misinterpreting Bandit's playful banter. I understand coming in hot, because some other chodes have misconstrued your stance on things. But I think you know Bandit better than that.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
TBF, I was laughing at the idea of Caulfield being 3ft tall.
No worries man, (I hope) you know I have big respect for you as a poster. I really wasn’t trying to blame you 2, I probably shouldn’t have brought it up and tbh this one is less stupid than the constant made up stuff from Axl and others which get likes and perpetuate the lies. I just wish comments about what people said were more truthful around here, it’s been a really ugly turn for this board in the last little bit.

I don’t think me hyping 3 smaller future NHL stars when they were in college makes me a defender of small people or whatever the line was. My views on Hughes and Caufield being elite talents would have been the same if they were 6’6 or 5’6

And I agree with K17 says, all things being equal you do always take the bigger player because it’s easier to find roles for bigger players. But for players like Hughes and Caufield there are very few equals in the world to the skills they bring to a hockey club, and I think it’s unfortunate many can’t look beyond the size and we get quotes such as the ones posted (which are both true)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Here is why…

been gone for months and come back to posts that I am tagged or mentioned in that are complete BS.

I think QB is a bust. This is my favorite because the main reason I came back was to pay Sol for a bet I lost on QB’s production. So I think he is a bust yet am betting on him not being a bust.? Makes a ton of sense.

I thought the Kings were going to suck. Another good one because not only did I post on this very forum that I had the Kings making the playoffs but I also have a bet on the over on the Kings total and futures bets on the Kings winning the division, conference and cup.

I over value small players. Again I mentioned the 3 players you and I sparred over. One of them finished 2nd in the league in scoring last year, another one was 10th in goals this season at age 21/22 despite playing 1/3 of the season with a busted shoulder and the other one has been one of the best offensive d-man in the league from the moment he stepped on NHL ice.

“Gaudreau won’t last long in the league, just a matter of time before someone like Regehr ends his career”

“I don’t want the Kings drafting a midget at #5, I don’t care how many goals he scores “

There is only one person with irrational views on players like that who frequents this board, and it’s not me.
You can say whatever you want man. It’s an internet message board.

It’s not serious.

No one’s reputation is at stake because “Herby” and “Sol” and “Raccoon Jesus” and “Bandit” are anonymous personas. Your outrage at the “BS” is misplaced. It is pretty amazing that you’ve saved my quotes from years ago though. Either in a file or in your head. Well done there I guess.

There are no prizes here for “best take” or “greatest fan”. If it’s making you this mad, is it really worth it?

But back to hockey, Caufield is out for the year after a simple collision with the most mild mannered, average sized player in the league and Gaudreau is a superstar on a team battling for 33rd place in a 32 team league. That must really grind your gears, but then again, we already knew that.

I don’t want small guys on my favorite team in a physical full contact sport. It’s just my opinion, and like everyone else’s it’s suitable for printing out and wiping asses with.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I really think you're misinterpreting Bandit's playful banter. I understand coming in hot, because some other chodes have misconstrued your stance on things. But I think you know Bandit better than that.
But it’s more incorrect nonsense attributed to me. Why should I have to defend myself from BS where I am specifically mentioned? He could have gotten his point across that he hates CC without bringing me up.

The Kings drafted how many smallish players during the DL years? To many to count. Was I hyping players like Kozun, Azcevado, and Loktiokov? No, because I am not a blind defender of small players, only of ones who I believe will be stars in the league.

Reactions: lumbergh

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No worries man, (I hope) you know I have big respect for you as a poster. I really wasn’t trying to blame you 2, I probably shouldn’t have brought it up and tbh this one is less stupid than the constant made up stuff from Axl and others which get likes and perpetuate the lies. I just wish comments about what people said were more truthful around here, it’s been a really ugly turn for this board in the last little bit.

I don’t think me hyping 3 smaller future NHL stars when they were in college makes me a defender of small people or whatever the line was. My views on Hughes and Caufield being elite talents would have been the same if they were 6’6 or 5’6

And I agree with K17 says, all things being equal you do always take the bigger player because it’s easier to find roles for bigger players. But for players like Hughes and Caufield there are very few equals in the world to the skills they bring to a hockey club, and I think it’s unfortunate many can’t look beyond the size and we get quotes such as the ones posted (which are both true)

Holy shit...he's back.....Welcome back

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

If both those guys were that size they would've been drafted in the top 5 for sure. Size still dictates draft picks, no matter what the stats say. Old boys ways. I bet there were really great guys who nobody ever heard of, who never got a chance because they weren't at least 5-10. It's a miracle MSL got his shot.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Here is why…

Herby, I may be mistaken but I could of sworn you took the under on all those, because you thought the books weren't taking into the regression and the record of 1 goal games etc into account etc

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think some of the things that some of the people aren't really used to is the fact that HF has changed. It used to be much more cordial because every mod was power tripping and would ban you for disagreeing. I first joined this site eons ago under a different account that I forgot the login too and couldn't retrieve it. Boards are a lot better now but there's more leniency towards abrasiveness which is a good thing. This version is a lot better but of course it will be less cordial. The mods back then were absolutely atrocious. Even some of the ones on the Kings board. There's still some mods on here that pre-date dinosaurs and are extremely strict, but there's not that much. I think RJ is and was the most easy going Mod on here. All of the other ones still power trip but not as bad.

Whatever happened to Captain Mittens and Ron who accused everyone being a fake fan lol.
Just to make this relevant to around the league, f*** matt nieto, but for no real reason.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

It’s not serious.

No one’s reputation is at stake because “Herby” and “Sol” and “Raccoon Jesus” and “Bandit” are anonymous personas. Your outrage at the “BS” is misplaced. It is pretty amazing that you’ve saved my quotes from years ago though. Either in a file or in your head. Well done there I guess.

There are no prizes here for “best take” or “greatest fan”. If it’s making you this mad, is it really worth it?
I don't know how much we agree on around here...but let me be the first to say WELL f***ING SAID.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach

It’s not serious.

No one’s reputation is at stake because “Herby” and “Sol” and “Raccoon Jesus” and “Bandit” are anonymous personas.
For what it's worth, I still read your posts in the voice of Brian Griffin.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Now that we got the small man complex talk out of the way how about this f***ing stud here...

1239675416.0.jpg

Every time I tune into a Buffalo game this dude has already potted a silky sweet goal or set up Tuch for a nifty put back. His confidence is sky high right now.

Tonight's goal:

Tage finished with 38 goals and 30 assists last year, this year he's already at 34 goals and 34 assists. Unreal.

Him and Kaprizov have really turned their respective teams into a much more exciting brand of hockey.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Herby, I may be mistaken but I could of sworn you took the under on all those, because you thought the books weren't taking into the regression and the record of 1 goal games etc into account etc

I was on the edge with the Kings for awhile but ultimately adding what is( IMO at least) the teams best player while losing nothing pushed them over the top. I had the Kings as either the Pac3 or WC1, although if you believe the men behind the curtain I had them in the Bedard race.

I think that Colorado and Edmonton were a bit to overvalued for both the conference and SC odds so I have a lot invested in other spots in the west, including the Kings.

I was so wrong on Boston, I really thought they were going to fall off a cliff this season with their age and uncertainty with contracts, but they are kind of like the Pittsburgh Steelers and St. Louis Cardinals of the NHL, just a model organization top to bottom.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The wild thing about the Byfield bet was that he’s obviously taken a big step forward this year. Not a bust at all. PPG in his AHL stint and really heating up on Kopitar’s wing.

And I was one of the guys saying he *could* be a bust if he didn’t take a step forward this season.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Now that we got the small man complex talk out of the way how about this f***ing stud here...

1239675416.0.jpg

Every time I tune into a Buffalo game this dude has already potted a silky sweet goal or set up Tuch for a nifty put back. His confidence is sky high right now.

Tonight's goal:

Tage finished with 38 goals and 30 assists last year, this year he's already at 34 goals and 34 assists. Unreal.

Him and Kaprizov have really turned their respective teams into a much more exciting brand of hockey.

and guys complain about our guys being out of position. the dude looked like he went for a skate to the corner before the shot was taken. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Zissou

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

1239675416.0.jpg

Tonight's goal:

Buffalow after sucking all these years and getting high draft picks is finally starting to show signs of life. They may or may not make the playoffs this year, but no doubt they will be a juggernaut in the future. Starting with studs like Tage Thompson, Dylan Cozens (who I wanted at the draft), Jack Quinn, JJ Paterka, and on defense 2 past number 1 overalls Owen Power and Rasmus Dahlin who's having a norris calibur year are a young group that can be real good soon. And getting Tuch and Krebs for Eichel has really helped this young team. They're definitely fun to watch.

Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad