Confirmed with Link: Anton Levtchi - Signed 1 Year ELC

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
A washed up Staal is getting a 1-way deal, but Levtchi doesnt even get time up? In 3 games the guy has 3+3 in AHL already. Missmanagement.

Players usually don't get called up because of a few good games. I was at Charlotte's opening night and thought he was good, but I'd still like to see a larger sample size instead of him getting called up, doing nothing, and getting sent back down.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I wouldnt mind seeing Letvchi gets a chance in Reinhart spot.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Can we make this thread title normal? It sounds like we are talking about the autobiography of how Anton Levtchi turned his life around one one year.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
If Hörnqvist is going to miss some time y'all think Levtchi could be called up for the weekend?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Between Saarela (who I thought had some potential as 3rd line shooter), the defenseman from a year or two ago and now this guy, think we need to invest somewhere else outside Liiga for time being.
Saarela was fine though. Covid killed him I think because he didn't want to come back without a NHL spot guaranteed.

He had that killer game against STL right before Covid

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I don't disagree but seems Duclair came and took his spot.
Was really pulling for Saarela but wasn't meant to be.
Yep. I thought he was going to be a NHLer too. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if he signs in the NHL after his rights expired

He was a fringe Tallon guy when Zito came; that's what happens. As you said, Duke was better

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Eric Selleck's record as the greatest Florida Panther to ever wear the number 76 still lives on.
Three games registering one assist in 2013

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
What really happened in the A? He stopped scoring despite being one of the 15 most skilled players in that league? I guess he didn't expect to stay down there for that long. It is a graveyard for Finnish forwards so can kinda understand him.

Reactions: harv33173

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This always happens with Euro players that come over midway through their career. They expect to be in the league immediately or they just leave.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This always happens with Euro players that come over midway through their career. They expect to be in the league immediately or they just leave.
What happened to the MStaal profile pic? Will it be reactivated before our next regular season game or was the loss to LA the end of it?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Which is understandable. Several Euro veterans think the AHL has too much of a developmental league feel with a lower level of coaching (when it comes to winning and strategy) than they are used to. Organizations need to be better at motivating guys who come over after 25 and have a clearer plan of what they need to do differently to make it in the NHL. Lots of skill goes wasted.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Which is understandable. Several Euro veterans think the AHL has too much of a developmental league feel with a lower level of coaching (when it comes to winning and strategy) than they are used to. Organizations need to be better at motivating guys who come over after 25 and have a clearer plan of what they need to do differently to make it in the NHL. Lots of skill goes wasted.
Skilled European players naturally often have trouble to adjust to the smaller ice. They look like superstars cycling, skating around on the open ice, having more time to receive passes and unleashing shots. The later you get over to NA the harder it is for them to adjust. I guess it was already too late for Levtchi. He was expecting to put up the same numbers as for Tappara, but that did not happen. Plus these guys often already have families so the social and family factor weighs in as well - he is 27 years old.

Does anybody remember a European guy that made his way to NA in his mid- or late-20ies and had an immediate big impact? I currently have noone coming to mind

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad