Confirmed with Link: Anton Levtchi - Signed 1 Year ELC

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Really surprised this guy got an NHL contract. I'd say he plays one season in AHL and then heads back to Europe.
Henrik Haapala probably a good comparison.

Reactions: iam76

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Lead Liiga in goals and points last season, doesn't always translate to the NHL though as we've seen countless times before.

Probably just getting a short over here in NA to see if he can hang.

Reactions: Jukurit

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Zito done collecting Sams i see. Lets start collecting Antons now.
Trade Bob with money retained and sign

1655230027972.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Really surprised this guy got an NHL contract. I'd say he plays one season in AHL and then heads back to Europe.
Zito traded away a lot of draft picks, so he's gonna start taking some longshots now in the European free agent market. This smells of a guy we wouldn't normally have signed. The Panthers also have less contracts than most teams so we can afford to take a flyer like this.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Zito traded away a lot of draft picks, so he's gonna start taking some longshots now in the European free agent market. This smells of a guy we wouldn't normally have signed. The Panthers also have less contracts than most teams so we can afford to take a flyer like this.

KHL isn't available for these players anymore. So guys who did well in Swedish or Finnish league probably are willing to accept not so lucrative NHL deals. It's a low risk game for NHL organizations. In Russia tax was 13% and players like this would have earned around $1m (for example Sakari Manninen and Markus Granlund earned 70 million rubels each last season). So NHL teams wouldn't have a chance to sign him but now the situation is different.

Reactions: harv33173

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Henrik Haapala test 2

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
KHL isn't available for these players anymore. So guys who did well in Swedish or Finnish league probably are willing to accept not so lucrative NHL deals. It's a low risk game for NHL organizations. In Russia tax was 13% and players like this would have earned around $1m (for example Sakari Manninen and Markus Granlund earned 70 million rubels each last season). So NHL teams wouldn't have a chance to sign him but now the situation is different.
That helps too. I doubt if we didn't trade away all those picks though that we would have signed Levtchi to a 1 year deal. We need to try to hit on mid-20's Euro or college guys that can contribute next season or the year after, especially with potentially losing some UFAs this summer.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
The guy might be a long shot, but we need these after we traded away the farn. The more darts, the better the chance that some of them are a hit. He's got okay size too unlike Haapala who was a 5'9 midget and therefore "top 6 or bust".
At worst, he'll provide some competition for our guys in Charlotte and we let him go in a year. Best case, he makes it and we fill a spot for cheap.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
It is a pretty crazy coincidence that this guy is about the same age as Barkov, also both his parents are Russian, also plays for Tappara, now also signed with Florida Panthers and his first name is the same as Lundell's.

Reactions: IceManCat

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It is a pretty crazy coincidence that this guy is about the same age as Barkov, also both his parents are Russian, also plays for Tappara, now also signed with Florida Panthers and his first name is the same as Lundell's.
Small(ish) point but I thought Sasha’s mom is Finnish born…

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This is nice, but tempering my expectations. The Euro signings we’ve gotten over the years have been the likes of…

Sateri
Kiselevich
Haapala (led Liiga in scoring)
Hultstrom (was billed as the Erik Karlsson of the SHL)
Lindbohm

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
From the video he seems to be like a good idea to give it a trial, it is not like we have many choices, we basically went all in this year and these are the consequences of that failure. So I dont know if we have the latitude to be selective about this.
What we want is to have Zito execute some of that magic he has in his pocket and do someting like what he did the Bennett, Duclair, Forsling, etc, this is the way, the only way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
A washed up Staal is getting a 1-way deal, but Levtchi doesnt even get time up? In 3 games the guy has 3+3 in AHL already. Missmanagement.

Reactions: panthersdu67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad