Confirmed with Link: And....New....President's Trophy Winner

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
I've been supporting this team from afar for 25+ years and never thought I would see this.

I've been struggling with post-Covid issues since Christmas and it's been utterly miserable stuck at home unable to do anything. When I wake up the morning after a game I check the score straight away (I'm in the UK) and seeing them doing so well has given me something to look forward to and improved many a crappy early morning. Sometimes I've ended up watching games live because of the insomnia.

I'm hoping for a Stanley Cup win and a full recovery happening around the same time!!

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I've been supporting this team from afar for 25+ years and never thought I would see this.

I've been struggling with post-Covid issues since Christmas and it's been utterly miserable stuck at home unable to do anything. When I wake up the morning after a game I check the score straight away (I'm in the UK) and seeing them doing so well has given me something to look forward to and improved many a crappy early morning. Sometimes I've ended up watching games live because of the insomnia.

I'm hoping for a Stanley Cup win and a full recovery happening around the same time!!
If Corona is most likely here to stay, may the same thing apply to our team's success? I see a correlation.

I found myself getting up quite early to catch all games this season - without commercial breaks, saves so much time compared to live - before dropping the kids off at school and head for work. In prior years, this would often ruin my day. But this year, best way to wake up and even cheer with my son when games went to OT and we won.

Hope you'll get better soon, we all will need our strength for this cup run - and as experience indicates: our team never does things the easy way, so buckle up.

VerhaegheAintAverage

Jul 23, 2009
UK
Hope you'll get better soon, we all will need our strength for this cup run - and as experience indicates: our team never does things the easy way, so buckle up.
Thank you - there have been times when watching matches was giving me actual chest pains and breathing problems (like doing a lot of things) so I'm glad I've improved somewhat before the real madness begins :D

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Congrats to the miracle Panthers…what a great accomplishment. Now let’s go out and take what’s ours !!

Reactions: Vilam

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues :(
Is the insomnia covid-related? I struggled with it as well and my GP said quite a few of her patients had the same problem... she put me on a low dose of trazodone for a month and it went away.
My dad had a pretty serious Covid case with hospitalization and everything, and he recovered incredibly after three weeks in a medical spa with many procedures (only partially covered by insurance, but he said it was the best money he spent in over a decade). Is something like that an option for you?

Fingers crossed that you feel better soon and for the Panthers to have a great playoffs :)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My future that I got in the summer on the Panthers winning the Cup, 26-1, is looking real good these days.

s-l1600.jpg

I would drink out of this cup. Strictly to get ready to drink out of the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

VerhaegheAintAverage

Jul 23, 2009
UK
I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues :(
Is the insomnia covid-related? I struggled with it as well and my GP said quite a few of her patients had the same problem... she put me on a low dose of trazodone for a month and it went away.
My dad had a pretty serious Covid case with hospitalization and everything, and he recovered incredibly after three weeks in a medical spa with many procedures (only partially covered by insurance, but he said it was the best money he spent in over a decade). Is something like that an option for you?

Fingers crossed that you feel better soon and for the Panthers to have a great playoffs :)
Thank you - yes, I think it was, as it all came as a package! It started out as straight insomnia and now it's these wild heart palpitations which are so hard they actually shake me. So not really conducive to watching strings of games where we go 3-0, 4-0, 5-1 down and then come back again :D

I'm sorry to hear about your dad getting it but really glad to hear he found something which helped. I'm hooked up to an ambulatory ECG overnight tonight - I doubt it will find anything, so perhaps I should watch the Montreal match...................

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: FrolikFan67

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Is it me or am I watching the right games. The Panthers say they like to play physical yet it looks to me we are being thrown around like a rag doll. We are not even finishing our rushes because we are too busy worried when we are going to get hit. The physicality is the Caps ace in the hole and we are withering. So let’s just skate fast get the 50 /50s and get to the net. We are not close to matching their toughness.

And as far as getting angry if your coach needs to tell you that your hearts are not in it. Play smart not angry, we are making mistakes just fix it !!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad