Player Discussion: Adam Fantilli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Fantilli is physically ready to play now - he might already be at his final pro playing weight, about 6'2 200. He's had the same build (and beard!) for years.

It's just a question of where you think the best place is to train his mind, Michigan or Columbus. I think there's a good case that it would go best in Columbus, especially under Babcock and next to Gaudreau. He can do things in college that are not the right path in the NHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Fantilli is physically ready to play now - he might already be at his final pro playing weight, about 6'2 200. He's had the same build (and beard!) for years.

It's just a question of where you think the best place is to train his mind, Michigan or Columbus. I think there's a good case that it would go best in Columbus, especially under Babcock and next to Gaudreau. He can do things in college that are not the right path in the NHL.
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure there's some stuff he could work on at Michigan, sure. But realistically, he just outscored his peers in his first season, he's more likely to pick up bad habits then build or solidify good ones.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure there's some stuff he could work on at Michigan, sure. But realistically, he just outscored his peers in his first season, he's more likely to pick up bad habits then build or solidify good ones.

Yeah I tend to prefer lower levels for skill development and confidence, but he has that stuff figured out.

Reactions: LJ7

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
One of the best things in Fantilli is that his floor is way more high than many. Floor average 2C ceiling star 1C. Thats a unit

Reactions: 5minutemajor

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Reactions: CBJx614

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Congrats on getting Fantilli, was really happy to see him to to you guys after the Ducks galaxy brained it at #2. Nice bit of justice after you got hosed by the lottery.

On a lighter note, there's something to be said about a Columbus based sports team drafting a Wolverine to be the face of the franchise, haha.

Sing it with me, guys! "ITS GREAT, TO BE, A MICHIGAN WOLVERRRIIIINNNNE, I SAID ITS GREAT, TO BE, A MICHIGAN WOLVERRRIIIINNE"

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Need less mnutes and less wear and tear. Larsen rode him like a racehorse and he's starting to wear down.

Boone is not in decline though. You watch him five years ago and he looked slower back then. He just needs a good long offseason and hopefully stays under 18 minutes next year.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Congrats on getting Fantilli, was really happy to see him to to you guys after the Ducks galaxy brained it at #2. Nice bit of justice after you got hosed by the lottery.

On a lighter note, there's something to be said about a Columbus based sports team drafting a Wolverine to be the face of the franchise, haha.

Sing it with me, guys! "ITS GREAT, TO BE, A MICHIGAN WOLVERRRIIIINNNNE, I SAID ITS GREAT, TO BE, A MICHIGAN WOLVERRRIIIINNE"
Between Werenski, Fanta, and K. Johnson, I’m fine being a surrogate Wolverine.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I mean we've already got Werenski as the face. And then Johnson, who brought Blankenberg along with em. We're already use to it. It's the kids that gotta live in the heart of Buckeye Country.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Sorry but I think that is bad take. Plays hard, cost controlled, net front guy, gritty, locker room guy, heart and soul. Just can’t see that happening.
I don’t want it to happen I just don’t see him lasting much longer with Kent and fantilli coming up. We’re right up against the cap and he looks like he’s wearing down.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad