Prospect Info: 95th Overall Jordan Spence Defence

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Saros 100% yes

Askarov close to 100% yes but he's looking volatile and needs some strong goalie coaching, he's a lot of 'athlete' like Quick
Askarov is still young. Little question imho he will figure it out.

Nashville is looking for high end forwards though for Askarov. Saros unsure yet apparently looking to resign him. Would be the perfect piece for us and worth slightly overpaying. Legit top 5-10 goalie yr in/out.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I can honestly see the Kings keeping Clarke in the AHL next year.
Out of curiosity, though you could see the Kings doing that, would you want that/think it’s best for his development? Or this is purely a calculation of management tendencies and projecting another roster crunch next year?

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Out of curiosity, though you could see the Kings doing that, would you want that/think it’s best for his development? Or this is purely a calculation of management tendencies and projecting another roster crunch next year?
The latter. Clarke would likely be in the lineup for any other team but the Kings like to keep guys in the AHL until waiver eligibility is over. Spence, himself, spent way too much time down there and Clarke is 2 years younger which puts him on track for the start of the 25-26 season.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The latter. Clarke would likely be in the lineup for any other team but the Kings like to keep guys in the AHL until waiver eligibility is over. Spence, himself, spent way too much time down there and Clarke is 2 years younger which puts him on track for the start of the 25-26 season.
I would guess that where Clarke is has everything to do with how much Roy is asking for. If the price is steep and he heads elsewhere, Clarke will be on the roster. I don't see the team signing anyone significant to replace him.

Reactions: David Lunch

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
He’s learning on the job which will always be painful in the NHL. My only concern is he’s not getting any success scoring goals. But certainly overall impressive from my POV. I think he can get better in his defensive play as well but I think that’s going to be a learning process as well.

Reactions: David Lunch

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Spence will be relegated to 3rd pair rhd with LA.

Doughty
Roy/Clarke

I really like Spence but at this point he may need to get out of LA to really shine, like Durzi.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Spence has been impressive. That's really all there is to it. He's not flawless nor will he be.

It would be nice if he'd score a goal 44 games in. For a guy running pp2, 2 pp points, ZERO goals is terrible. This is where we miss Durzi, 3 goals, 10 assists on the pp, 27 points total. We went from having two good pp units , to at times this season... none.

Reactions: kinghock

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It would be nice if he'd score a goal 44 games in. For a guy running pp2, 2 pp points, ZERO goals is terrible. This is where we miss Durzi, 3 goals, 10 assists on the pp, 27 points total. We went from having two good pp units , to at times this season... none.
those 2nd unit reps are really shitty though, you gotta admit.. fling em out there after watching perimeter passing 101 for 1:45

still he's the most sheltered defenseman though, gotta produce with those deployments even if it's slightly limited minutes

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
those 2nd unit reps are really shitty though, you gotta admit.. fling em out there after watching perimeter passing 101 for 1:45

still he's the most sheltered defenseman though, gotta produce with those deployments even if it's slightly limited minutes

There have been plenty of times where pp 2 started, after multiple fails by the top unit. He's good at bringing the puck in, [except that one drop pass to know one] but you'd think through the law of averages, he get one in by now. He's the only starting dman without one.

Reactions: tny760

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Keep playing him, he will only get better with experince, he cannot do any worse than DD.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There have been plenty of times where pp 2 started, after multiple fails by the top unit. He's good at bringing the puck in, [except that one drop pass to know one] but you'd think through the law of averages, he get one in by now. He's the only starting dman without one.

He'll end up getting like 3 at once and it'll be moot

But it gives him something to work on this offseason, his usually exponential growth has often been all-around, now he has specifics

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Im a huge Spence fan, he played a solid game. A few gaffs but I thought for a smaller guy he played the big boys well.

I have a feeling he will need a Durzi like move to really shine tho. Doughty has a few more years and Clarke is heir apparent.

Spence will be kept because is cheap and a fill in but he likely never sees pp time once Clarke is a regular.

He could have an Amart like career.

Last edited:

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Im a huge Spence fan, he played a solid game. A few gaffs but I thought for a smaller guy he played the big boys well.

I have a feeling he will need a Durzi like move to really shine tho. Doughty has a few more years and Clarke is air apparent.

Spence will be kept because is cheap and a fill in but he likely never sees pp time once Clarke is a regular.

He could have an Amart like career.
Spence will stay I think. QB will need a big deal this offseason, so RV and Roy will need to go to make it work.

Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad