Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We invited this FG kicker ( he can punt as well) to our mini camp in May.
Ryland was a major disappointment last year, nice to give him some competition.
Playing in Canada will be an advantage for him, since the weather is similar to New England.
Good luck Vincent.

I’m alway amazed at how effortlessly these guys kick the ball 50+ yards.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
This is a very exciting time to be a Boston sports fan.

Was watching Baker highlights earlier and this dude is just angry as hell.

I saw a clip of him earlier, where he was chirping the DB mid-route the second he started to get the edge. He then caught the catch for a TD.

I think between him and Polk we may have some real receivers this year...I'm amped.

Very excited to see Maye when he gets his shot too.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Kind of an odd move. I didn't think he was great, but I'm not sure he was "cut him as soon as you draft an OT" bad, either.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kind of an odd move. I didn't think he was great, but I'm not sure he was "cut him as soon as you draft an OT" bad, either.

Yeah definitely weird, I wouldn’t have him in the unplayable category.

I am intrigued by Tyrone Wheatley Jr, perhaps AVP and our new o-line coach like him a lot. I guess in a rebuild year they’d prefer to give those reps to younger guys than McDermott

Reactions: EvilDead

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
R

Good idea!

that's kinda funny.....I remember watching his pro day wondering who that kid was, and thinking maybe the Pats want to put him on their list lol. Kid was catching everything, which isn't surprising at a pro day I guess, except he was catching some pretty errant passes and making it look easy.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
R

that's kinda funny.....I remember watching his pro day wondering who that kid was, and thinking maybe the Pats want to put him on their list lol. Kid was catching everything, which isn't surprising at a pro day I guess, except he was catching some pretty errant passes and making it look easy.

I'm learning a bit about him. He's got type 1 diabetes. Had a sports hernia. Calcium deposits started to form right where he had the surgery, training staff vs the doctors had some issues with eachother. Had to get a second surgery to get rid of the deposits. 6 months later, before fall camp it was still bothering him, got another surgery where they took out all the deposits. Took him all of 2021 to recover. It took him longer to recovery. So that's why he left UNC and went home to Texas. He started to feel better and this 2 seasons ago during fall camp, he went up for a regular jump ball. Caught it..but his teammate kind of dragged him down, landed on his shoulder. Grade 5 AC separation. Played some limited snaps, and then he started the next game, got hit in the shoulder again and he realized there's no way he can play through it. Had to get shoulder last season. He's 100% fully healthy. Finished up his masters. Worked hard with a strength and conditioning coach. He's now prepared to play.

Screenshot_20240429_175600_Twitter.jpg

Caught a lot of Maye's passes during the pro day. Some tough balls he made look easy. Rooting for him.

Reactions: EvilDead and CDJ

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I'm learning a bit about him. He's got type 1 diabetes. Had a sports hernia. Calcium deposits started to form right where he had the surgery, training staff vs the doctors had some issues with eachother. Had to get a second surgery to get rid of the deposits. 6 months later, before fall camp it was still bothering him, got another surgery where they took out all the deposits. Took him all of 2021 to recover. It took him longer to recovery. So that's why he left UNC and went home to Texas. He started to feel better and this 2 seasons ago during fall camp, he went up for a regular jump ball. Caught it..but his teammate kind of dragged him down, landed on his shoulder. Grade 5 AC separation. Played some limited snaps, and then he started the next game, got hit in the shoulder again and he realized there's no way he can play through it. Had to get shoulder last season. He's 100% fully healthy. Finished up his masters. Worked hard with a strength and conditioning coach. He's now prepared to play.

View attachment 861902

Caught a lot of Maye's passes during the pro day. Some tough balls he made look easy. Rooting for him.

I'm pulling for this kid too. Great size and compete level. At least find him a place on the practice squad if he earns it.

Reactions: Mione134

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The Vikings didn't even match what the 49ers paid the Dolphins for the 3rd pick in 2021 and also expected something else in return besides the 3rd pick? That's not a serious offer. I hope for them that McCarthy ends up being good because they settled on him when this was probably the perfect time for them to find that franchise qb before they start paying guys like Jefferson.

Reactions: bbfan419 and KOZ37

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I’m quite happy with the team that Wolf and Mayo are putting together.

This upcoming season may be painful from a win and losses perspective, but they took their QB of the future and tried giving him some talent to develop with. We’ll see how ‘24 shakes out, but they’ve now extended key pieces and will be primed for big moves next offseason, if it makes sense to do so.

Good times ahead, imo.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’m quite happy with the team that Wolf and Mayo are putting together.

This upcoming season may be painful from a win and losses perspective, but they took their QB of the future and tried giving him some talent to develop with. We’ll see how ‘24 shakes out, but they’ve now extended key pieces and will be primed for big moves next offseason, if it makes sense to do so.

Good times ahead, imo.

I saw a mock for next year with them picking 2nd. I would love it

Reactions: Supersonic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad