Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Dear God in heaven

1714848550574.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm just now realizing that the league missed a big opportunity by not inviting Justin Timberlake to announce our pick.

With the third pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Patriots selection......... IT'S GONNA BE MAYE!

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If you have Netflix, take a couple of minutes and watch The Roast of Tom Brady.

Specifically, watch Drew Bledsoe destroy both Brady and Belichick.
Honestly... the special as a whole was predictable, jokes kinda sucked.

Bledsoe was surprisingly good though.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Honestly... the special as a whole was predictable, jokes kinda sucked.

Bledsoe was surprisingly good though.
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but from the clips I have heard I wonder if this is what these big ego guys needed. The fact they were able to get Bill to participate. Loosen these guys up a bit. Now, I think I would have enjoyed Bill and Tom roasting Kraft instead though.

I'm kinda stunned Brady subjected himself to this. Must have been a monster payday for him.

I don't know, I personally don't enjoy hearing jokes about his divorce but that's what you sign up for.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
God Milton feels like such a waste of a pick if they're keeping him at QB.
Keeping Milton at QB or Zappe? Ultimately I think they might keep Zappe around as backup until they determine it's time to play Maye. I guess I'm ok with Milton as a long-term project as backup QB. I guess this is kinda what the Commanders did when they took Griffin and then Cousins.

Are you thinking of Milton being a TE though? Maybe they try that if they quickly conclude he is simply not an NFL QB. But if they think he's a viable QB there's probably more value in him at backup QB than a fringe TE prospect.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Need to reverse from four win to one win. MIlton the solution.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Keeping Milton at QB or Zappe? Ultimately I think they might keep Zappe around as backup until they determine it's time to play Maye. I guess I'm ok with Milton as a long-term project as backup QB. I guess this is kinda what the Commanders did when they took Griffin and then Cousins.

Are you thinking of Milton being a TE though? Maybe they try that if they quickly conclude he is simply not an NFL QB. But if they think he's a viable QB there's probably more value in him at backup QB than a fringe TE prospect.

I don't think he'll ever be able to play QB in the NFL even as a backup, so if they're going to develop him there it's a totally wasted pick. If they are going to try and convert him to another position, whatever it is, at least there's hope.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think he'll ever be able to play QB in the NFL even as a backup, so if they're going to develop him there it's a totally wasted pick. If they are going to try and convert him to another position, whatever it is, at least there's hope.
They just need to make him smart and accurate! A few sudoku pizzles and then throwing at some soda bottles on stumps and we should have QB1 in no time

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bailey Zappe spotted at Walmart buying sudoku puzzles as we speak.

#1 #1

Milton and him battle it out.
I think Zappe is safe until they pull the plug on Brissett and are ready to start Maye. If something happens with Brissette and they don't think Maye is ready then I bet they throw Zappe out there. Milton will prob get the redshirt treatment and never see a gameday squad.

• Haha
Reactions: BradPark22

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think Zappe is safe until they pull the plug on Brissett and are ready to start Maye. If something happens with Brissette and they don't think Maye is ready then I bet they throw Zappe out there. Milton will prob get the redshirt treatment and never see a gameday squad.
I don't see in any situation how it's good to have Bailey Zappe on your team when you're trying to develop your #1 franchise QB. Because Bailey  thinks hes the franchise #1. Hes ccommented on it. Hes said it. Hes cocky about it. It's a distraction. You can let him and Milton battle for the 3rd QB spot.

But going forward. He should be nowhere near this team.

Reactions: EvilDead

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't see in any situation how it's good to have Bailey Zappe on your team when you're trying to develop your #1 franchise QB. Because Bailey  thinks hes the franchise #1. Hes ccommented on it. Hes said it. Hes cocky about it. It's a distraction. You can let him and Milton battle for the 3rd QB spot.

But going forward. He should be nowhere near this team.
Then they will probably need to bring in a different QB. Because if they don't think Maye is ready to play it wouldn't make sense to throw him in if Brissett goes down. Zappe thinking he's better than awful Mac Jones doesn't have to mean anything more than that. If they were in line with your thinking why is he still on the team right now? Zappe is a better QB than rookie Joe Milton.

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad