GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft - 1st round selections 7/23/21, 8pm ET (ESPN2/Sportsnet)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Zito focusing on pure skating and offensive upside which is never a bad thing, Sandwich has been pegged as one of the steals of the draft, let's see what he does in the next few years.
Can we not call him Sandwich? It gives me a mental image of a fat guy with a hamburger. IDK, seems like bad luck with a hockey guy.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Chayka dropped a fair bit no? to 38th.

Seen mock drafts having us select him at 24th.

It's fair to question his offensive upside, but I do think he will turn out good even if the offensive production isnt there. He's big, nasty, mobile, smart. He's also one of those serious Russians. They just play hockey and work hard.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can we not call him Sandwich? It gives me a mental image of a fat guy with a hamburger. IDK, seems like bad luck with a hockey guy.

Lol, legit auto correct, been twice for me now. Phone will take a bit to learn his last name.

It's fair to question his offensive upside, but I do think he will turn out good even if the offensive production isnt there. He's big, nasty, mobile, smart. He's also one of those serious Russians. They just play hockey and work hard.

Romanov like?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
For sure, he's got some serious talent and he's a RD, something we hate to draft haha.
Surprised he hasn't gone yet.
What do we offer up for a 3rd?

two 4ths?

Reinhart + our 3rd for 1st 2022 + Vatrano + Levi?
They'll probably just wait for the 4th round... The worst draft in Panthers' historyyyyyy!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Here we go... Zito still has couple of picks to save this draft class. Just make a safe pick: Jack Bar. Bobby Mack had this guy at #86.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Almost time for our pick...
giphy.gif

Every year I forget how incredibly boring the second day is.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
More D for us in Braden Hache. And that's our last pick this draft unless there's a last-minute trade.

So two forwards, 3 D and one goalie. Seems pretty balanced.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Anyone watching the draft, they’re making a good point about what type of team wins. The topmost guys DO take hometown discounts. This allows the other guys to have more hunger to win a roster spot. And you end up with people from all rounds and undrafted too.

Bolts undrafted from this year: Gourde, Johnson, Goodrow, and someone else. And then Palat 7th round. Maroon 6th round. That’s quite a chunk of the roster.

I think Zito is doing the same. Sam R and Sam B will sign good and fair contracts. Barky will do a fair deal. These guys value winning more than an extra million. I think Z is picking guys like that. And this is why TOR and EDM don’t win.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Best moment of the draft: KennyH gambles and trades down two spots for a 3rd round pick only to see Minny pick the goalie they should've picked and then with that 90th pick KennyH selects someone they could've had with a 7th round pick.

Reactions: KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad