GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft - 1st round selections 7/23/21, 8pm ET (ESPN2/Sportsnet)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
al0npoC.gif

Your Florida Panthers draft picks (subject to change pending potential trades) in the 2021 draft:

#24 (1st round)
#56 (2nd round)
#120 (4th round)
#152 (5th round)
#184 (6th round)
#210 (7th round, Jets pick originally)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
OEL and Garland to Vancouver

Being reported the 9th overall is going the other way.

The price of Garland was taking OEL.

STEEP Price for Garland

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm not sure how to feel about this trade. Obviously Arizona does well, but Vancouver doing well depends on how OEL is and how good Garland is. If OEL goes back to his old self and Garland goes full stud then this might be a win win.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Who's our Lundell this year? I picked him this year, so it's your turn honey

FORWARDS:

Svechkov would be the Lundell like pick imo, awesome shutdown ability with "limited offense".
He can play W/C but he may go in the late teens, would/could be an elite 3C.

Raty for the more offensive flare C, his stock has dropped but the top 6 C potential is easily still there.

Stankoven is the blend of the two above, good speed and offensive/defensive instincts.
WHLers have been excelling well in recent drafts.

DEFENSE:

Peart has some good defensive IQ and great transition D. Add another LD to the bunch.

Morrow is a reach pick but his skating is solid, offense is there, just needs work in D zone.
Project pick but he has some potential to break out. And we need RD in the pipeline.
I think Ekblad would be the perfect mentor for him.

Lambos health scares me off a bit.

I'd go Raty/Stankoven on forward or Morrow on D

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Shows how much I've followed this draft class, I had no idea Carson Lambos had played for JYP this season.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
FORWARDS:

Svechkov would be the Lundell like pick imo, awesome shutdown ability with "limited offense".

Raty for the more offensive flare C, his stock has dropped but the top 6 C potential is easily still there.

Stankoven is the blend of the two above, good speed and offensive/defensive instincts.

DEFENSE:

Peart has some good defensive IQ and great transition D. Add another LD to the bunch.

Morrow is a reach pick but his skating is solid, offense is there, just needs work in D zone.
Project pick but he has some potential to break out. And we need RD in the pipeline.

Those Finns <3

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
FORWARDS:

DEFENSE:

L'Heureux , Stankoven, Lysell, or Lambos. Wouldn't mind Othmann either

That's my pick. L'Heureux is a buzzsaw that we would love to have.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Those Finns <3

Lol, they've been developing good defensive players for a while now (minus Laine)

L'Heureux , Stankoven, Lysell, or Lambos. Wouldn't mind Othmann either

That's my pick. L'Heureux is a buzzsaw that we would love to have.

Ya, L'Heureux definitely has a cool toolbox, not super familiar with him though.
My only knock on Othmann (from watching him in OHL because of Koly) is his skating and general speed.
Really like Stankoven, size doesn't scare me away at all, reminds me a bit of Nick Suzuki and Seth Jarvis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad