Why is TD Garden a House of Horrors for the Bruins?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
in the post Claude era i think the play-off struggles at home are a combination of play style and the ice. They keep trying to make fancy plays, make the extra pass instead of just getting pucks on net, or getting in fast and heavy of the forecheck. With the ice being the pits and just getting worse as the weather gets warmer, eventually that little cross ice pass is going to start wobbling and be tougher to connect. I think other teams simplify their game and for whatever reason the B's don't (or at least not enough)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel over the years, the boys, no matter who they are, simply grip the sticks too tightly at home, look for the extra pass when it isn`t necessary and try to play fancy as @Lobster57 said. I dunno, I don`t think it`s the ice as I have seen suggested, the ice is the same for both teams

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
in the post Claude era i think the play-off struggles at home are a combination of play style and the ice. They keep trying to make fancy plays, make the extra pass instead of just getting pucks on net, or getting in fast and heavy of the forecheck. With the ice being the pits and just getting worse as the weather gets warmer, eventually that little cross ice pass is going to start wobbling and be tougher to connect. I think other teams simplify their game and for whatever reason the B's don't (or at least not enough)

Someone on one of the broadcasts’s was saying Monty favors quality over quantity. I hate that philosophy especially in the playoffs. Pro players always seem to want to force pretty plays when it feels like the vast majority of goals come on breakdowns or dirty plays just throwing it toward the net.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Only coach who didn't consistently get outcoached at home was Julien. But this is on the core of Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Krejci etc.

Its quickly becoming Pasta and McAvoy's issue too.

but really the real issue is GOLD SEATS! BRING THEM BACK!

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Only coach who didn't consistently get outcoached at home was Julien. But this is on the core of Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Krejci etc.

Its quickly becoming Pasta and McAvoy's issue too.

but really the real issue is GOLD SEATS! BRING THEM BACK!
We all were ready to murder Claude after he lost those first two at home against the Habs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Is the ice bad for the other team too? They seem kinda comfortable and come up slow in a majority of the later home games. They then kinda seem stressed as the game goes on. I didn't think it was possible for a team to lose six straight at home to the same opponent in the play-offs over a two year span, but here we are.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
For what it's worth I think it's a combination of mentally soft teams, bad ice finesse team, and a little bit of bad goaltending from Rask.
I don't think we had a realistic better option than concussed Marchand last night but he really struggled and it was a mistake to play he should have waited for the next series at least. Fell over about 20 times I would say and fumbled passes to him when he was open in scoring position.

Some awful home losses from Bergeron playing when he had absolutely no business being on the ice that injured and hurt the team G6 2013 and last year Florida series. Brad last night was more of that sadly.

Reactions: Gordoff and ae530

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I'm going to blame the reffing in games 2,3 and 4 and the NHL allowing that crap to happen, because of all of that I refuse to believe that the shitkitties were the better team!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Leafs hired Berube. When you look at the list of available experienced coaches they have all likley been fired a time or two. Pete Deboer once said you can be the best coach in the world and have an unskilled team and you will never win a damn thing. Two things we have experienced this playoff. You have to have the horses plus one of the horse's shoes up your arse. Refs in your back pocket helps also.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
One potential reason is that they don't practice there. They practice at Warrior. The unpredictable caroms off the stanchions and boards probably catch them by surprise almost as much as they do the visiting team.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Sage the bad vibes.

No more sage. I think that asshat Kyrie Irving brought some bad mojo here the last time.

j8x_PC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins home-ice playoff futility vs Panthers (six consecutive losses at TD Garden) is not an NHL record. Boston beat Maple Leafs nine straight in Toronto 1959-2013 and Red Wings beat Leafs nine straight in Toronto 1950-56.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It's simple really. They have had aging superstars that have only worn black and gold (or Chara who came of age in black and gold), with extreme pressure to get that one last ring together.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't think it's really complicated. They simply lack high end scoring talent and they have for quite a while. Even when they had Krejci and Bergeron they were always that one or two players short. They never really replaced Horton and for years just kept trading prospects and picks away for different guys for that missing piece but really nothing stuck. We had guys who had moments like Johanson until he got hit by St. Louis but they have only drafted Pasta and DeBrusk as offensive guys who can play top line minutes in all these years. It's just not enough to get to the finish line.

I think everybody watching that last game knew that we were working our asses off and maybe we bang in a dirty one but the team more likely to pop in a good shot was Florida.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
We all were ready to murder Claude after he lost those first two at home against the Habs.

I’ve never been more annoyed with a coach than I was with Claude in 2014. Team was getting outplayed consistently in the second round series against the Habs and he absolutely refused to make any adjustment.

He had his amazing moments (obviously) but he was well past his shelf life by the time he was fired.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
They aren't that good a team I wouldn't give Florida enough credit to think they go 3/3 against us.

If we see them in the playoffs next year which is pretty much a lock I think we win. This year was their all time greatest team type season and it was close and the refs saved them. We will beat them next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad