GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You guys have not won anything in like 40 years. Unless you count all the 1st over alls you guys won .
Oilers have won more cups and been to more finals than any other team since they joined the NHL 5 cups 7 finals Canucks 2 finals in 53 years

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I never made an excuse. You really read what you want.

I have felt this way for years. This has nothing to do with this game at all . Refs manage games for what reason ?

That disallowed call was the right call. Donno what your crying about .
Literally the 2nd series to make it to game 7 but you weren't insinuating anything, right.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Oilers have won more cups and been to more finals than any other team since they joined the NHL 5 cups 7 finals Canucks 2 finals in 53 years
Big grats. I don't live in the past. That's some Maple leaf shit right there.

Literally the 2nd series to make it to game 7 but you weren't insinuating anything, right.
I thought the game was called evenly. I never cried about it. I just thought Hyman was a diving biatch .

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Dude please don’t bring up cups from the 80s it’s so cringe. Both teams have no relevant playoff success so to speak so probably shouldn’t take this angle
Funny how teams that have never won are cringe about other franchises' success it speaks volumes

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I mean if winning something before i was born means something. Then cool? When the Oilers lose they can always try and convince McDavid to stay because of 40 years ago . City of Champions or something.
There’s so much good dumping to take on the Canucks but everyone just defaults to riots and no cups. I might make the most riot jokes of anyone I know. Here’s some new material:

- Jim Benning (just in general this should give you lots of good stuff)
- Frankie’s blueberry slavery
- Frankie’s kids lawsuit
- say you prefer the orca logo over the skate

This should get us good and riled up hope that helps

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think Tocchet has to make an adjustment to the PP. The Canucks PP isn’t going to all of a sudden just start firing in Game 7 when it’s been trash all series. Move Garland up to the first unit, the guy buzzes every shift he takes.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I mean if winning something before i was born means something. Then cool? When the Oilers lose they can always try and convince McDavid to stay because of 40 years ago . City of Champions or something.
33 years ago lol and that is better than never :D

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I never made an excuse. You really read what you want.

I have felt this way for years. This has nothing to do with this game at all . Refs manage games for what reason ?

That disallowed call was the right call. Donno what your crying about .

Agreed. It was the right call… no goal.

Your opinion was “ Refs do what they can to push series to game 7. ” which IMO indicates you believe the officiating was slanted today to push for this series going 7.

It’s not like the Canucks had to use a coaches review to overturn the goal… and the Canucks had more PPs than the Oilers tonight again… so tonight’s officiating is not an argument for this series being extended.

The Oilers dominated… the Canucks wilted… that the reason.

Refs do what they can to push series to game 7. You cannot convince me other wise. Colorado last night was a prime example . Bettman only cares about money.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I think Tocchet has to make an adjustment to the PP. The Canucks PP isn’t going to all of a sudden just start firing in Game 7 when it’s been trash all series. Move Garland up to the first unit, the guy buzzes every shift he takes.
I think they did the Garland 1PP thing and it didn’t work well for some reason.

I don't live in Vancouver. Those jokes really mean nothing to me.
I live in Vancouver and legitimately no one is bothered by riot comments lmao

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Agreed. It was the right call… no goal.

Your opinion was “ Refs do what they can to push series to game 7. ” which IMO indicates you believe the officiating was slanted today to push for this series going 7.

It’s not like the Canucks had to use a coaches review to overturn the goal… and the Canucks had more PPs than the Oilers tonight again… so tonight’s officiating is not an argument for this series being extended.

The Oilers dominated… the Canucks wilted… that the reason.
I can see why you would think they but I've come out and said no . I don't think the reffing tonight was one sided at all. Canucks just sucked. Jesus couldn't even saved them tonight.

Avs vs Dallas was the game i was talking about.

Reactions: zar

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Big grats. I don't live in the past. That's some Maple leaf shit right there.

I thought the game was called evenly. I never cried about it. I just thought Hyman was a diving biatch .
lol whats your sentiments on Garland? If anyones a diving biatch its him with an exclamation mark.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I can see why you would think they but I've come out and said no . I don't think the reffing tonight was one sided at all. Canucks just sucked. Jesus couldn't even saved them tonight.
Fair enough. Misunderstanding based on you posting that in this thread.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
lol whats your sentiments on Garland? If anyones a diving biatch its him with an exclamation mark.
Honestly didn't see the play. I was getting beer. Both teams are diving and It's lame. They need to crack down on it. Instead of 2 and 2 taking both players off the ice. I'd go with 2 and 4. It's getting out of hand league wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad