Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Doesn't really make sense to highstick someone intentionally in a tie game, but maybe Soucy said mean things to him.

Soucy was the one who got suspended for crosschecking McD in the face so a little bit more than mean things, maybe that's just McJesus taking a #

(Which I can atleast respect)

But if that's just a misplay on the puck.. yikes. Even the Chaos Giraffe has better coordination

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Well whoever ends up in net for either team will be playing their first game 7 of their careers. I'm not really sure who has the advantage going into game 7. Vancouver is at home, and the barn has been rocking these playoffs. Edmonton has the edge in experience, though that really hasn't translated at all these playoffs so far.
You won't know whether it has translated until the oilers win in game 7. Lose, means experience not translated. Win, translated.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Respect to the Oilers, they played their best game. Dominated the whole game, got good goaltending. Game 7 will be a very interesting game, which team will show up with their best game. Hoping it's Vancouver, they better get it together.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Time and time again we've seen these playoffs you need to at least match intesity of the team playing not to be eliminated or the series is going to get extended. Happened so many times. We'll see if Canucks can find their desperation mode for game 7 .

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So the PP merchant Oilers go out and score 5 at evens to tie Colorado for the league lead in 5 on 5 production, even as their 3rd and 4th lines continue to put up absolute donuts?

Shout outs to Ryan McLeod for the 2 primary errors on the only goal against in a 5-1 win. 0 goals 0 assists -3 in 11 games.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Is Craig Simpson okay these days?

(5 Oilers take the ice for the PP):
Craig: 'A quartet of Oilers...'

(Later, talking about something...)
Craig: 'As worse as it's been.'

Evander Kane's goal was scored through a 'myriad of legs', which I guess is technically correct but kind of weird, too.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Edmonton allowed 15 shots tonight. When you do this it massively takes the pressure off of weak goaltending. They haven't put together two really good games in a row yet so we will see if they can.

I think we've absolutely put together 3 straight solid games from game two to game four.

Skinner shit the bed pretty f***ing hard in Game 3 though.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Soucy was the one who got suspended for crosschecking McD in the face so a little bit more than mean things, maybe that's just McJesus taking a #

(Which I can atleast respect)

But if that's just a misplay on the puck.. yikes. Even the Chaos Giraffe has better coordination

I'm convinced now he said something mean like "the orange makes you look fat". And that's how a rivalry was born.

• Haha
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I was all set to call the oilers a one line team. Hyman who is 5th in team pts has 12. They have 5 guys in double digits. We have guys with 12 pts each and that is the only 2 guys in double digits. We have 11players who have scored and they have 13.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Glad it's going 7 games, as every great rivalry series deserves to. Flip a coin on who wins this one. Best series of the playoffs

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Luongo imploding in the finals was why the Canucks lost.

8,4,5,4 goals against in his losses that series.

Ain't no depth that's gonna score you 5 or 6 goals in the playoffs

He's generally pretty plugged in
You are partially correct.

The Canucks lost because Vigneault kept Luongo in net for all 8 goals in game 1, which shattered his confidence. As a goaltender myself, I knew that was the death knell right there.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Credit to the Oilers for a solid performance tonight.

Oilers have definitely been the better team overall in this series but game 7 is a toss-up. I imagine it comes down to which team's star players come up big, and given how things have gone so far, the clear edge goes to Edmonton here.

Win or lose Vancouver came a long ways since last year. I am sure they have earned a lot of respect around they league.

I don't come on here much during the playoffs. I would be banned if I did. I hate when fans talk crap. I do laugh at HF favourite saying, book it like they know something. The better team doesn't always win in the playoffs. There things that can't be measured or backed up by stats. Like heart. Vancouver has showed a ton of heart in the playoffs.

Congrats to Vancouver fans on their team rise.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Playoffs are taking a toll on both teams, especially on D. Ekholm down to 15 minutes last night. Myers, Soucy, Cole, Hronek all laboring at points.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Series has been great back & forth, with plenty of drama and extra's to boot. Kudos Oilers & Canucks, kudos...... Both teams have stepped up, had timely secondary contributions, goalie ups & downs, and star players rising up when needed. More than not, these are qualities Championship teams have going for them. But.......... in a game 7 anything can happen! That's the nature of Hockey: it's hard to call which way those bounces will go even if one plays well.

Good luck to both fan-bases, and this hockey fan is thankful for decent fight. Hopefully flat-cap rising helps with overall depth in NHL next few years So we fans can enjoy more evenly played 6 game and 7 game playoff series again.

EDIT: OH yeah, both fan-bases remember to sometimes unclinch those but-cheeks during game 7, or one might blow-up. Both fan-bases, enjoy the ride.... :)

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Series has been great back & forth, with plenty of drama and extra's to boot. Kudos Oilers & Canucks, kudos...... Both teams have stepped up, had timely secondary contributions, goalie ups & downs, and star players rising up when needed. More than not, these are qualities Championship teams have going for them. But.......... in a game 7 anything can happen! That's the nature of Hockey: it's hard to call which way those bounces will go even if one plays well.

Good luck to both fan-bases, and this hockey fan is thankful for decent fight. Hopefully flat-cap rising helps with overall depth in NHL next few years So we fans can enjoy more evenly played 6 game and 7 game playoff series again.

EDIT: OH yeah, both fan-bases remember to sometimes unclinch those but-cheeks during game 7, or one might blow-up. Both fan-bases, enjoy the ride.... :)
Oh something is going to blow up during game 7 alright

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Playoffs are taking a toll on both teams, especially on D. Ekholm down to 15 minutes last night. Myers, Soucy, Cole, Hronek all laboring at points.
Ekholm’s been battling an illness the last couple of games. He wouldn’t let Foegele come anywhere near him for the player of the game award a couple nights ago. He’s a warrior though, he pushes through things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad