GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I'd say PDG, Aman and especially Blueger have been better than Joshua this playoffs... given each one's expectations.

Aman & PDG have been terrific on the PK. Blueger has been good, haven’t noticed a single mistake these playoffs. Joshua has been a solid forchecker, a lot of big hits.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Aman & PDG have been terrific on the PK. Blueger has been good, haven’t noticed a single mistake these playoffs. Joshua has been good on the forecheck, a lot of solid hits.

Joshua is either hit or miss but that's what you expect with a 3rd liner. I feel like his game was neutered after he took a few iffy penalties. He's been noticeably less physical and unwilling to fight for space in front of the crease.

Blueger is fair value in the playoffs. He's been able to handle his own in the defensive zone. He's had difficulty in delivering passes and controlling the puck recently. I like him at his current cap hit but any more than 2.5mil seems pricey.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
How would you rank the playoffs so far in terms of tiers for players.

God Tier 1 - Miller, Boeser, garland, lindholm, zadorov

Great Tier 2 - Silovs, soucy, myers, suter

Good Tier 3 - Joshua, Bluegar, PDG, Hughes

Okay Tier 4 - Lafferty

Extremely Disappointing Tier 5 - Pettersson, Hronek, hoglander, Cole, Mikheyev

N/A - Pod, karlsson, juulson

I know people might think I’m being hard on EP40, because he has been better in the last couple games.

Unfortunately, it’s still does not make up the fact he’s been awful these entire playoffs.

How would you guys rank it?

Ps - Cole was the toughest decision, he was good against Nashville, but he’s been so dreadful against Edmonton, honestly it negates it

Great: Miller, Boeser, Lindholm, Zadorov, Myers
Good: Garland, Silovs, Soucy, DeSmith, Aman
Average: Suter, Joshua, Bleuger, PDG
Below average: Hughes, Cole
Bad: Petey, Hronek, Hoglander, Mikheyev, Lafferty

I think the 5 guys in Boeser, Miller, Lindholm, Z and Myers have been pretty clearly head and shoulders above everyone else.

There's no other way around it EP's performance has been dreadful so far. It's pretty amazing the team has gotten this far with him being a passenger. Hogs and Laff have mostly been invisible. Hronek and Mik have been our 2 worst players (and most likely injured). Hughes has also been pretty disappointing this playoffs - he's been a bit off the whole playoffs. Not sure if he's banged up from the Nashville series.

Have to wonder where we would be if guys like Petey, Hughes and Hronek were playing like they can.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
How would you rank the playoffs so far in terms of tiers for players.

God Tier 1 - Miller, Boeser, garland, lindholm, zadorov

Great Tier 2 - Silovs, soucy, myers, suter

Good Tier 3 - Joshua, Bluegar, PDG, Hughes

Okay Tier 4 - Lafferty

Extremely Disappointing Tier 5 - Pettersson, Hronek, hoglander, Cole, Mikheyev

N/A - Pod, karlsson, juulson

I know people might think I’m being hard on EP40, because he has been better in the last couple games.

Unfortunately, it’s still does not make up the fact he’s been awful these entire playoffs.

How would you guys rank it?

Ps - Cole was the toughest decision, he was good against Nashville, but he’s been so dreadful against Edmonton, honestly it negates it

tbh i don’t think we come out of the first round without cole

good teams have depth players that get more or less icetime or move in and out of the lineup depending on the series, or depending on whether we have last change. we just don’t have that kind of depth unfortunately

Reactions: Indiana

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
the city has been so abhorrently heavyhanded about the police presence everywhere ppl are gathering that i think there’s a less than zero chance of shenanigans rising beyond a drunk guy or two chucking a bottle and immediately getting apprehended

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Joshua is either hit or miss but that's what you expect with a 3rd liner. I feel like his game was neutered after he took a few iffy penalties. He's been noticeably less physical and unwilling to fight for space in front of the crease.

Blueger is fair value in the playoffs. He's been able to handle his own in the defensive zone. He's had difficulty in delivering passes and controlling the puck recently. I like him at his current cap hit but any more than 2.5mil seems pricey.
Blueger has even handled playing against McDrai just fine and is often on protecting leads late and important PKs including 5 on 3s. I think he's just a great little player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Blueger has even handled playing against McDrai just fine and is often on protecting leads late and important PKs including 5 on 3s. I think he's just a great little player.
Defensively...no complaints. I would love to bring him back to center the 4th line. You ideally want a center with more offensive upside in that 3C role. It's why I think they are electing to go back with Lindholm between Garland and Joshua.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Getting tired of Edmonton’s diving antics, especially McDavid and Hyman. Refs need to crack down on that bullshit. Getting a light tap to the face does not warrant arms flailing and falling down like a sack of potatoes.

It is somewhat amusing to me that there was all this hoopla about a pre-round 2 meeting with all the teams for the league to say to stop the embellishing and that it would be called.

There’s been way, way more embellishment in Round 2 than there was in Round 1. Not just in this series, either.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
It is somewhat amusing to me that there was all this hoopla about a pre-round 2 meeting with all the teams for the league to say to stop the embellishing and that it would be called.

There’s been way, way more embellishment in Round 2 than there was in Round 1. Not just in this series, either.

The league always says they will be "watching" the embellishment, but when was the last time a player has been called for it? For some reason, refs refuse to call it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not sure what to make of the lines since Miller and Boeser are missing. Maybe Pettersson with them next game and Podkolzin+Mikheyev scratched?

Still no Demko

Hard to read into those lines at all except for Lindholm with Garland and Joshua. Mysterious.

I have a hard time thinking they’d let Petey just go through the motions with healthy scratches the day before the biggest game of the season, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad