Useless Thread MDCCCLXXXVVIII - The Cancun Capitals Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@PanthersPens62

The silence said it all. Walking straight to the counter without having to wait in line for one of the Hurricanes’ famed milkshakes was another indicator. Miami’s baseball team on Saturday concluded the regular season with a losing record for the first time in 67 years, but it’s worse than that in many ways. Miami’s crowd, traditionally loud with its “rag arm” and other chants, was quiet on Saturday, and there were scores of empty seats as Pittsburgh beat the Hurricanes, 10-7.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article288552038.html#storylink=cpy

rag arm :laugh:
Also classes are done for the year. Who the hell is even there to go to games? :dunno: Enjoy this while it lasts because somehow they will find a way back.

I am surprised you know about rag arm you do not go to games at Mark Light Field
I went when I was a student there & as I explained above. people have shouted that for as long as I can remember. And yes, I did too ! 📣

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
imagine stopping going to games at mark light because they surpass your 7 pm bedtime.

young @PanthersPens62 was so much cooler with Dolphins season tickets listening to Jimmy Cefalo on the radio.
I went because they were free for students & I lived on campus. :rolleyes: I also have explained 64 times about Cefalo & after you listened you realized why I dislike his call of the games. And when you get to be my age, I'm willing to bet you will better understand why I enjoy the home viewing experience better. :nod:

Sep 19, 2008
they don't let you listen to the games on radio here at least not for Washington football

well they do but there is a massive delay

you actually can listen to nats games and caps and wizards games without delay !

Sep 19, 2008
1716146928788.jpeg

Sep 19, 2008
Spring update: There's no question that Mario Cristobal has been stockpiling talent -- both through traditional high school recruiting and via the transfer portal. After going 12-13 in his first two seasons, Cristobal needs to turn that talent into some victories. The Hurricanes have one 10-win campaign in the past two decades, and they've faced lofty expectations and fallen flat more times than most. But with transfer quarterback Cam Ward (Washington State) and tailback Damien Martinez (Oregon State) joining the Canes, there's reason for optimism. The offensive line should be good, and Miami added Houston's Sam Brown to a solid receiver corps. Cristobal bolstered the defensive line by adding four transfers (and counting): C.J. Clark (NC State), Marley Cook (Middle Tennessee), Elijah Alston (Marshall) and Simeon Barrow (Michigan State). Defensive end Rueben Bain Jr. was the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year with 7½ sacks in 2023, and Akheem Mesidor is back after playing only three games last season because of injuries to both of his feet.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
No acknowledgement of the guy from Miami transferring to tech eh.

Miami linebacker Kaleb Spencer, seen after a 2023 home game against Miami (Ohio), announced on social media Saturday night that he is transferring to Virginia Tech. Spencer's addition fills the Hokies' final scholarship vacancy. Spencer, a native of Gloucester, played in 11 games as a freshman at Miami.

Happy now? :dunno:

No acknowledgement of Miami being ranked in the pre-season top25, eh. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad