WC: Slovakia 2024 roster talk.

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
Hlavaj looked terrible, defense made a lot mistakes,1st line looked good other lines were pretty meh

Also they dominated us badly in 3rd period

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
How did they look regardless of the score? Was there at least some cohesion in their game?
First line was good. Fehervary and Nemec were good for the most part. Rest of team wasn’t great, thought Koch was solid though. Third and fourth line forwards got buried every shift though.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
theres nothing biased about saying Slovakia and Latvia are not on the same level, thats just your own delusion.

we Slovaks are now more excited about future because just 10 years ago it looked very bleak with our hockey, which can lead into bias in certain things and overrating our expectations for tournaments.

but theres nothing that can persuasive me about us not being above Latvia in general roster strenght, depth, quality/quantity of prospects, quality of our league etc.. one Bronze really dont change anything, for you or even us (olympics) its all those thing above i mentioned and consisntecy of performances on senior and junior levels.

but whatever you want to believe is fine, i have no problem with that.
You are discussing with yourself here in some weird performance art to the other Slovak posters. I guess it's another Slovak thing. A type of collective group support.

I've never said anything you're implicating I've said. Literally nothing.

Slovakia not belonging to the top 8 does not mean you are 'the same' as Latvia. Just like Latvia isn't at the same level as Poland because Latvia isn't a tier 1 nation.

It's just basic logic.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
How did they look regardless of the score? Was there at least some cohesion in their game?
Sure. Hlavaj didn't do them any favors and they fell apart in the third while the Yanks were still skating well. But yeah, potential was absolutely there. Great hustle for a friendly from both sides.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I wrote that post about Hlavaj failing upwards his entire life and he continues to do so. Not only does he get signed by the Wild after having barely above .900 season is he supposed to be the starter of the Slovak NT now too? How does this guy keep getting the opportunities that he's getting?
I believe (and hope) Skorvanek will be our starter. He is much more consistent than Hlavaj. Unfortunately we don't have that many options. I am also surprised he got an NHL contract.

Reactions: jcbio11

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Is everyone here slovak or have Slovak ancestors?
No, not everyone.

wow, lantosi cut, didn't expect that
Yup, big surprise. I get their reasoning though.

I believe (and hope) Skorvanek will be our starter. He is much more consistent than Hlavaj. Unfortunately we don't have that many options. I am also surprised he got an NHL contract.
If he wasn't before, he is now. Hlavaj botched it today vs the States.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Lol, Dano still on the roster? :biglaugh:

A high profile bust that does nothing but stupid penalties.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
They have to change pp lines poor slaf playing with srubs on pp
No worries, by the time Slovakia plays Sweden Dano will be already a healthy scratch with a game suspension under his belt after a 5 min major and a game misconduct.

PP1 unit most likely will end up
Pospisil (blue paint)
Cehlarik (left wall) Hrivik (bumper) Slafkovsky (right wall)
Nemec (blue line)

PP2 unit
Regenda
Hudacek Kelemen Tatar
Fehervary

• Haha
Reactions: stastny12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad