Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
All good, McDrai with a full week rest in the playoffs? Sounds like a nightmare for the Canucks.
Still, if anything the Canucks probably pushed to have this delayed so they'd have more time to mend. Especially for Hughes, who has been playing with something. Overall it benefits the Canucks

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Not sure why y'all are bringing this up but if you're comparing it to Nuck fans turning Vancouver into a war zone after losing in the finals, well... there is no comparison.

It's like comparing the way Cam Ward's family were treated watching the finals with the way Nuck fans treated Lucic's family when they were playing the Bruins.

Henrique is listed day to day with an injury.
I'd put Holloway there

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I kinda worry Holloway lacks the IQ and will defer to Mcdavid too much. I'd rather try Foegele

Holloway deserves his shot tho, even Janmark deserves his shot over Foegele
I don’t understand your post.

You start by saying that you’d rather have Foegle than Holloway because Holloway lacks IQ, then you suggest that Holloway “deserves a shot tho” and then say Janmark deserves a shot over Foegle.

All in the space of 3 sentences.

Can you just pick one of the three and commit to it?

I’ve met people like you on the Henday. You straddle 2 lanes for 2 kilometers then lane change to the left hand lane only to boot over to the right hand lane in 100 meters in order to catch the off ramp to Calgary Trail.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Still, if anything the Canucks probably pushed to have this delayed so they'd have more time to mend. Especially for Hughes, who has been playing with something. Overall it benefits the Canucks

I was thinking that the Pearl Jam concert yesterday may have delayed things a bit also.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I was thinking that the Pearl Jam concert yesterday may have delayed things a bit also.
They should have been able to have played today. Pearl Jamb was on the 4th and 6th. But because they use eastside labour to clean out the Roger’s arena it’s a longer turnaround.

Reactions: Dorian2

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
So I. Guess shorthouse is calling the game tomorrow as Singh is calling the canes game today.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So I. Guess shorthouse is calling the game tomorrow as Singh is calling the canes game today.
they might be remote... did you see fatso between the benches

Cuthbert and Simpson are announcing the Oilers / Canucks series.
there we go, a Vancouver homer and a color guy who never seems to make a comment or sees a play in the Oilers favor

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
They should have been able to have played today. Pearl Jamb was on the 4th and 6th. But because they use eastside labour to clean out the Roger’s arena it’s a longer turnaround.
They had Preds/Canucks gm 7 booked for the Sunday between the two Pearl Jam shows so they could have slotted gm1 in there. Canucks played Friday and could have made the 2 day turnaround like Dallas has to do playing Sunday then Tuesday. Also the Ranger/Hurricanes series started Sunday so I don’t see why the Oilers/Canucks couldn’t have.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
They had Preds/Canucks gm 7 booked for the Sunday between the two Pearl Jam shows so they could have slotted gm1 in there. Canucks played Friday and could have made the 2 day turnaround like Dallas has to do playing Sunday then Tuesday. Also the Ranger/Hurricanes series started Sunday so I don’t see why the Oilers/Canucks couldn’t have.
Vancouvers version of LTIR I guess.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I miss all the talk around Rybellsus.
IMG_4739.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I hope the Oilers players haven't forgotten how that scumbag Tochett kept his stars out for a late PP in a 6-1 game in the first game of the the year
I'll never forgive Rick Tocchet for blowing out Ryan Smyth's knee.

It was a dirty scumbag play which Tocchet was only suspended for two games.

Reactions: soothsayer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3