Now that the 2024 draft order is known, post here who you think teams will pick in June. May the best mockdraft win!

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I'll start:

#1. Celebrini (SJ)
#2. Demidov (CHI)
#3. Levshunov (ANA)
#4. Lindstrom (CBJ)
#5. Iginla (MTL)
#6. Silayev (UTH)
#7. Dickinson (OTT)
#8. Parekh (SEA)
#9. Yakemchuk (CGY)
#10. Eiserman (NJD)

What is your mock for this year?

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Man, Demidov + Bedard is unfair.
I know. I think this is however the most likely scenario...

Maybe they go for a big D that can defend, like Silayev?

Korchinski/Rinzel is not the best tandem, there is room for a 6'7 physical specimen in that core.

But Demidov is the obvious pick.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I'll start:

#1. Celebrini (SJ)
#2. Demidov (CHI)
#3. Levshunov (ANA)
#4. Lindstrom (CBJ)
#5. Iginla (MTL)
#6. Silayev (UTH)
#7. Dickinson (OTT)
#8. Parekh (SEA)
#9. Yakemchuk (CGY)
#10. Eiserman (NJD)

What is your mock for this year?

I think your top 5 is spot on. I think Catton could replace a D between 6-10 though.

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Mixing in a bit of Jackets and Habs rumour mill into this list:

Sharks- Celebrini
Hawks- Demidov
Ducks-Buium
Jackets- Silayev
Habs- Senecke
Utah-Iginla
Sens- Levshunov
Kraken-Lindstrom
Flames-Dickinson
Devils-Eiserman

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The top 3 picks feel the most obvious. We heard from Silayev that Columbus showed among the most interest, and he is ranked there. But I think Lindstrom is going to be the more appealing pick, and fits more of an evergreen need.

1. SJS - Celebrini
2. CHI - Demidov
3. ANA - Levshunov
4. CBJ - Lindstrom
5. MON - Sennecke

6. UTA - Yakemchuk
7. OTT - Silayev
8. SEA - Buium
9. CGY - Iginla
10. NJD - Dickinson

Some other scenarios:

- Silayev could have gone 4 or 6.
- Lindstrom would go 5 if not 4.
- Yakemchuk could potentially go 3, or 6 or maybe slip out of the top 10 (big range in the rankings).
- Buium could go 6 or 7, or slip out of the top 10.
- Iginla could go as high as 5 but I'm confident Calgary will take him if he's there at 9.
- Dickinson is going to be the 2nd or 3rd favorite option for a lot of clubs from 6 down, but I'm not sure if anyone is over the moon about him, so he might slip.
- MBN would be a great Devils pick, but they probably don't pass on Dickinson.
- Parekh might be appealing to Calgary if Iginla isn't there. But I can't see Utah or Ottawa or Seattle or New Jersey having interest. Parekh might fall a ways.
- Helenius could easily go to Ottawa at #7, especially if Silayev isn't there. Or he could go #10.
- Catton might get picked as high as #8 or #9.
- Eiserman will not go top 10.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Demidov
3. Ducks- Levshunov
4. Jackets- Lindstrom
5. Habs- Catton
6. Utah- Silayev
7. Senators- Perekh
8. Kraken- Buium
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Nygard
11. Sabres- Eiserman
12. Flyers- Dickinson
13. Wild- Boisvert
14. Sharks- Yakemchuk
15. Wings- Helenius
16. Blues- Chernyshov

Notes!

-I think the Habs should take Dickinson but Habs fans tell me no way so..
-Nygard fits Devils needs better then Eiserman and is probably the 3rd closest to NHL ready. Was a hard choice between Dickinson and Nygard for the Devils.
- Sennecke could go anywhere but he's hard to nail down. probably the wild or Blues was where I was questioning putting him in
-Dickinson could be the Seider/Faber of the draft. Like usual people fawn over offensive D that put up points instead of the guys who are good with the puck in both zones and hasn't been given the chances to show their offensive game.

Last edited:

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
The top 3 picks feel the most obvious. We heard from Silayev that Columbus showed among the most interest, and he is ranked there. But I think Lindstrom is going to be the more appealing pick, and fits more of an evergreen need.

1. SJS - Celebrini
2. CHI - Demidov
3. ANA - Levshunov
4. CBJ - Lindstrom
5. MON - Sennecke

6. UTA - Yakemchuk
7. OTT - Silayev
8. SEA - Buium
9. CGY - Iginla
10. NJD - Dickinson

Some other scenarios:

- Silayev could have gone 4 or 6.
- Lindstrom would go 5 if not 4.
- Yakemchuk could potentially go 3, or 6 or maybe slip out of the top 10 (big range in the rankings).
- Buium could go 6 or 7, or slip out of the top 10.
- Iginla could go as high as 5 but I'm confident Calgary will take him if he's there at 9.
- Dickinson is going to be the 2nd or 3rd favorite option for a lot of clubs from 6 down, but I'm not sure if anyone is over the moon about him, so he might slip.
- MBN would be a great Devils pick, but they probably don't pass on Dickinson.
- Parekh might be appealing to Calgary if Iginla isn't there. But I can't see Utah or Ottawa or Seattle or New Jersey having interest. Parekh might fall a ways.
- Helenius could easily go to Ottawa at #7, especially if Silayev isn't there. Or he could go #10.
- Catton might get picked as high as #8 or #9.
- Eiserman will not go top 10.
I think Ottawa is a wildcard team with new management and a new amateur scouting director. They have said that the biggest things they’re looking for is hockey sense (that’s a word I’ve never heard Dorion utter even once) and character .

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I feel the top 5 will be some scramble of the top 5 Bob Mckenzie mentioned. After that, I went with team preferences in the past. If Columbus or Anaheim go for Lindstrom, that will completely throw off this mock because Montreal likely goes with one of the top forwards. I don't think the difference between Lindstrom and the rest of the forwards is that big

1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Demidov
3. Ducks- Levshunov
4. Jackets- Silayev
5. Habs- Lindstrom
6. Utah- Buium
7. Senators- Parekh
8. Kraken- Dickinson
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Helenius
11. Sabres- Yakemchuk
12. Flyers- Sennecke
13. Wild- Connelly
14. Sharks- Catton
15. Wings- MBN
16. Blues- Eiserman

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Ottawa is a wildcard team with new management and a new amateur scouting director. They have said that the biggest things they’re looking for is hockey sense (that’s a word I’ve never heard Dorion utter even once) and character .

I did hear that.

And it immediately makes me think of Helenius, Buium, Brandsegg-Nygard, and Silayev.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Sharks- Celebrini
Hawks- Levshunov
Ducks- Demidov
Jackets- Lindstrom
Habs- Catton
Utah- Buium
Sens- Dickinson
Kraken- Silayev
Flames- Iginla
Devils- Eiserman

newdimension

May 18, 2013
1. San Jose: Macklin Celebrini -- Obviously. He'll be their top line center of the futue.

2. Chicago: Ivan Demidov -- Lindstrom could be tempting here, too; if they want size up front. However, I think they go BPA.

3. Anaheim: Artyom Levshunov -- Silayev could be an option, but Levhsunov fills that RHD hole.

4. Columbus: Cayden Lindstrom -- The fact that he plays center is going to be an added boost. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for Dickinson, though.

5. Montreal: Beckkett Sennecke -- With what's left on the board and their love of risers, I think it's between Sennecke and Iginla. Ultimately, they go for size, with Sennecke giving them more depth at RW.

6. Utah: Anton Silayev -- See their selection of Simashev.

7. Ottawa: Zayne Parekh -- Probably go with defense, so any of Parekh, Dickinson, Buium or Yakemchuk, imo. Probably Parekh due to his pure upside.

8. Seattle: Tij Iginla -- They still need wingers to play with Beniers and Wright. Iginla could be a mighty fine option, stealing him just under Calgary nose.

9. Calgary: Konsta Helenius -- With Iginla gone, they go for whom they feel is the best player available. Bonus it boosts their center depth.

10. New Jersey: Zeev Buium -- A lot of Devils fans are high on Nygard, but I don't think they pass on Buium if he's there.

11. Buffalo: Berkly Catton -- Feels like a perfect fit. With Byram on defense, they're more open to target a forward.

12. Philadelphia: Sam Dickinson -- If he's still here, it's insane, but it is what it is. He could be selected as high as #2, with the Flyers happily taking him here.

13. Minnesota: Michael Brandsegg Nygard -- The Wild are a team that drafts with analytics in mind. MBN seems like someone that'd be a fantastic fit.

14. San Jose: Carter Yakemchuk -- Best player on the board. A huge add to their defensive core... that's it Calgary doesn't take him at 9.

15. Detroit: Cole Eiserman -- His fall could end here, with Yzerman putting faith in him.

16. St. Louis: Michael Hage -- Adam Jiricek or Liam Greentree could be options here, too.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
1. San Jose: Macklin Celebrini -- Obviously. He'll be their top line center of the futue.

2. Chicago: Ivan Demidov -- Lindstrom could be tempting here, too; if they want size up front. However, I think they go BPA.

3. Anaheim: Artyom Levshunov -- Silayev could be an option, but Levhsunov fills that RHD hole.

4. Columbus: Cayden Lindstrom -- The fact that he plays center is going to be an added boost. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for Dickinson, though.

5. Montreal: Beckkett Sennecke -- With what's left on the board and their love of risers, I think it's between Sennecke and Iginla. Ultimately, they go for size, with Sennecke giving them more depth at RW.

6. Utah: Anton Silayev -- See their selection of Simashev.

7. Ottawa: Zayne Parekh -- Probably go with defense, so any of Parekh, Dickinson, Buium or Yakemchuk, imo. Probably Parekh due to his pure upside.

8. Seattle: Tij Iginla -- They still need wingers to play with Beniers and Wright. Iginla could be a mighty fine option, stealing him just under Calgary nose.

9. Calgary: Konsta Helenius -- With Iginla gone, they go for whom they feel is the best player available. Bonus it boosts their center depth.

10. New Jersey: Zeev Buium -- A lot of Devils fans are high on Nygard, but I don't think they pass on Buium if he's there.

11. Buffalo: Berkly Catton -- Feels like a perfect fit. With Byram on defense, they're more open to target a forward.

12. Philadelphia: Sam Dickinson -- If he's still here, it's insane, but it is what it is. He could be selected as high as #2, with the Flyers happily taking him here.

13. Minnesota: Michael Brandsegg Nygard -- The Wild are a team that drafts with analytics in mind. MBN seems like someone that'd be a fantastic fit.

14. San Jose: Carter Yakemchuk -- Best player on the board. A huge add to their defensive core... that's it Calgary doesn't take him at 9.

15. Detroit: Cole Eiserman -- His fall could end here, with Yzerman putting faith in him.

16. St. Louis: Michael Hage -- Adam Jiricek or Liam Greentree could be options here, too.
Not bad, I think the Devils would go for Dickinson instead since he's the more well rounded Defensive D available. With L. Hughes and Nemec running PP1 and PP2 for years to come I don't think Buium really fits.

Reactions: My3Sons

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
1. San Jose - Macklin Celebrini
2. We have a trade to announce. The Chicago Blackhawks have traded the 2nd overall pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Mitch Marner. Leafs free up an immense amount of cap.

Toronto - Artyom Levshunov

3. Anaheim - Zeev Buium
4. Columbus - Anton Silayev
5. Montreal - Ivan Demidov
6. Utah - Cayden Lindstrom
7. Ottawa - Sam Dickinson
8. We have a trade to announce. The Seattle Kraken have traded the 8th overall pick to the Calgary Flames. In return they will receive the 9th overall pick and the 41st overall pick.

Calgary - Tij Iginla

9. Seattle - Beckett Sennecke
10. Devils - Berkly Catton
11. Buffalo - Konsta Helenius
12. Philadelphia - Cole Eiserman
13. Minny - Carter Yakemchuk
14. San Jose - Zayne Parekh
15. Detroit - Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
16. St Louis - Liam Greentree

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
1. San Jose - Macklin Celebrini
2. We have a trade to announce. The Chicago Blackhawks have traded the 2nd overall pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Mitch Marner. Leafs free up an immense amount of cap.

Toronto - Artyom Levshunov

3. Anaheim - Zeev Buium
4. Columbus - Anton Silayev
5. Montreal - Ivan Demidov
6. Utah - Cayden Lindstrom
7. Ottawa - Sam Dickinson
8. We have a trade to announce. The Seattle Kraken have traded the 8th overall pick to the Calgary Flames. In return they will receive the 9th overall pick and the 41st overall pick.

Calgary - Tij Iginla

9. Seattle - Beckett Sennecke
10. Devils - Berkly Catton
11. Buffalo - Konsta Helenius
12. Philadelphia - Cole Eiserman
13. Minny - Carter Yakemchuk
14. San Jose - Zayne Parekh
15. Detroit - Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
16. St Louis - Liam Greentree
I like you. Celebrini, Parekh and having the blackhawks lose out on top young talent? You have my full support to write the script for next season.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Dickenson seems like a default selection from people here by the Sens. I just don’t really see any scenario where the Sens select LD Dickinson.
Even if we move one of Chabot or Chychrun it doesn’t make sense. Also given the apparent focus on high IQ players by new management if it’s a LD then Buium makes the most sense at 7

Current LD:
Sanderson
Chabot
Chychrun
Klevin

Most logical pick is RD, followed by highest end F remaining.

Reactions: Xirik

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Ducks- Demidov
4. Jackets- Silayev
5. Habs- Catton
6. Utah- Helenius
7. Senators- Buium
8. Kraken- Eiserman
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Dickinson
11. Sabres- Parekh
12. Flyers- Lindstrom
13. Wild- Connelley
14. Sharks- Greentree
15. Wings- Nygard
16. Blues- Yakemchuk

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Ducks- Demidov
4. Jackets- Silayev
5. Habs- Catton
6. Utah- Helenius
7. Senators- Buium
8. Kraken- Eiserman
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Dickinson
11. Sabres- Parekh
12. Flyers- Lindstrom
13. Wild- Connelley
14. Sharks- Greentree
15. Wings- Nygard
16. Blues- Yakemchuk
as a devils fan i would be ecstatic to get dickinson @10. but in this scenario we passed on lindstrom, which would frustate me at the same time.

(silayev), catton, helenius and eiserman are too high imo. i can't see eiserman in the top 10.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
as a devils fan i would be ecstatic to get dickinson @10. but in this scenario we passed on lindstrom, which would frustate me at the same time.

(silayev), catton, helenius and eiserman are too high imo. i can't see eiserman in the top 10.

You have Hughes and Hischier for the next decade. Adding Dickinson next to Nemec makes perfect sense.
Eiserman is going to be ranked pretty highly by some teams. Catton and Helenius have more upside than Lindstrom (imo) and teams who need centers will pick them first.

Dickenson seems like a default selection from people here by the Sens. I just don’t really see any scenario where the Sens select LD Dickinson.
Even if we move one of Chabot or Chychrun it doesn’t make sense. Also given the apparent focus on high IQ players by new management if it’s a LD then Buium makes the most sense at 7

Current LD:
Sanderson
Chabot
Chychrun
Klevin

Most logical pick is RD, followed by highest end F remaining.

No its not. One of Chabot or Chychrun won't be in the plan, maybe both. Ottawa picks the best defenseman and in my opinion that's Buium, after Levshunov and Silyaev.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
No its not. One of Chabot or Chychrun won't be in the plan, maybe both. Ottawa picks the best defenseman and in my opinion that's Buium, after Levshunov and Silyaev.

My guy, that’s exactly what I said.
1. Either Chabot or Chychrun won’t be here, we still have 3 deep on the LS.
2. Most logical pick is RD (levshunov), but since he isn’t going to be there at 7, then we would go LD with Buium and not Dickinson (since we value IQ etc etc)
I just have Buium ahead of Silayev (for the same reason IQ)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad