GDT: NOR vs. AUT May 19, 2024

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Direct game between the two teams. If three ore more teams are tied just the games between those teams come into consideration.
Oh damn, for whatever reason I thought it was goal differential, which is why I didn't think Austria would go through. But Finland is genuinely in trouble here, because Switzerland is easily the favorite to get a regulation win over them at this point...

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
What's the first tie breaker in this tournament?
The game between Finland and Austria will decide provided they end up with the same amount of points.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Oh damn, for whatever reason I thought it was goal differential, which is why I didn't think Austria would go through. But Finland is genuinely in trouble here, because Switzerland is easily the favorite to get a regulation win over them at this point...
Yep, Switzerland should mop the floor with Team Finland. Looking at the roster, like half their team would be the best player on Team Finland.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
20240519_182714.jpg

Austrian fans are rocking the place!

Fenomenal third period by Huber, he deserved that goal

Reactions: FriarChill and EK47

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
We'll see, I mean Finland has a good team and every game starts at 0-0. But they should first concentrate on getting 3 points vs. Denmark who are also still a possible Quarterfinalist.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
At this point, I really hope Austria advances. Not only would it be a very meaningful moment for them, but also an important wake up call for Finland.
Finland will recover, all the big boys screw up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
View attachment 873251

Austrian fans are rocking the place!

Fenomenal third period by Huber, he deserved that goal
Czechia might be the perfect country to host this tournament. Prague is an incredibly beautiful city, cheap beer, and it's a short trip from countries like Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Germany and Switzerland.

After this tournament, Czechia should have three of the top 4 most attended World championship tournaments ever.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Well the last game between 🇫🇮 and 🇨🇭 means a whole lot now. Just the thought that Finland could miss the QF is crazy

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Pathetic performance from our team. F****! pathetic. None of our players played with desire and passion today.

Not taking anything away from Austria though, well deserved win.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Czechia might be the perfect country to host this tournament. Prague is an incredibly beautiful city, cheap beer, and it's a short trip from countries like Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Germany and Switzerland.

After this tournament, Czechia should have three of the top 4 most attended World championship tournaments ever.
It used to be pretty affordable aswell, don’t know how it is nowadays. Plus the previous attendance record is from prague ostrava in 2015. They are set to break their own record this year.

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
Vienna
Wow, i am really impressed by that Team Austria. Who would have thought that a quarterfinal will be possible after that 1:5 showing against Denmark.

Reactions: jj cale

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It used to be pretty affordable aswell, don’t know how it is nowadays. Plus the previous attendance record is from prague ostrava in 2015. They are set to break their own record this year.
Yeah if Wikipedia is to be trusted, Prague/Ostrava currently has the most attended and third most attended tournaments in 2015 and 2004.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The affordability of Prague is a bit overblown, you don't see many locals in the centre anymore.

Reactions: EK47

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The affordability of Prague is a bit overblown, you don't see many locals in the centre anymore.
Thats only partly true I think .. .of course you wont see czech in the centre in the obvious cash grabs pubs and restaurants for tourists

But there is still plenty of places for reasonable prices where a lot of czechs go

Eventhough the prices are higher in Prague, Pragues residents are also generally more wealthy then in the rest of czechia

Reactions: EK47

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Thats only partly true I think .. .of course you wont see czech in the centre in the obvious cash grabs pubs and restaurants for tourists

But there is still plenty of places for reasonable prices where a lot of czechs go

Eventhough the prices are higher in Prague, Pragues residents are also generally more wealthy then in the rest of czechia
I used to have a czech girlfriend and spent a lot of time in the country, not just in the tourist traps and what you're saying is obviously true, but I always feel the need to correct people who don't realise how expensive Prague can be for locals

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Impressed by the Austrian team. For the first time in a very long time they managed to play a very good, almost complete game against a team at or about their skill level. This is real progress and it feels really really good. Just shows that the games against CAN, FIN and even CZE have not been a fluke. The team is just a good team this year. Well done to everyone on Bader‘s staff, finally reaping the benefits of his longterm vision and consistent work.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
It is not. Missing their arguably best defender in Reinbacher and a top forward in Kasper. But that’s a strength of the team which is different from previous years and decades: others can step in and step up. Quality throughout the team is higher. A lot of players are still young as well. The future is looking pretty good just in goal we may have issues in a few years.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
It is not. Missing their arguably best defender in Reinbacher and a top forward in Kasper. But that’s a strength of the team which is different from previous years and decades: others can step in and step up. Quality throughout the team is higher. A lot of players are still young as well. The future is looking pretty good just in goal we may have issues in a few years.

In a few years? I think we're in trouble at gk position right now. Madlener and Kickert are playing better than they usually are but you can't count on them especially in close games. To be honest both wouldn't be close to make the team for any other country than austria this WC. And there isn't any prospect who looks promising. This is gonna be though the next few years. I agree that the team is getting better with Rossi, Kasper, Reinbacher, Nickl, Rohrer, Biber, Pock developing. But GK is our weak spot since Starkbaum retired. Our last GK with NHL experience was Divis I guess?

A NHL goalie would give this team a good baseline but there isn't any young GK out there who's gonna end this slump. In the next few years we're a good Goalie away of being serious QF-contenders in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: MrRuin

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This team Austria looks like their best in ... ever? I was curious about how they will handle today's game vs. Norway because to make a surprise vs. a favourite and beat a game where you are the (slight) favourite are two very different things. And Austria did a good job vs. Norway. It would be a great story of this tournament if they can make it into the QF.

Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This team Austria looks like their best in ... ever? I was curious about how they will handle today's game vs. Norway because to make a surprise vs. a favourite and beat a game where you are the (slight) favourite are two very different things. And Austria did a good job vs. Norway. It would be a great story of this tournament if they can make it into the QF.
A Swiss regulation win vs Finland and they should without a doubt make the QFs. Crazy.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad