Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm sure there are pictures of me with an AK as well lol, so I don't see this as proof of anything other than terrible optics considering the situation he was rushed out of

Guy is here visibly obliterated and that was right after the hooker incident. He showed with this picture zero remorse for his actions that were probably the main factor that we lost against Seattle, and in retrospective it is not a surprise that he f***ed us over again.

Reactions: Pokecheque

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
So can he be put on LTIR until the playoffs? I read some tweets he's got to be in the program and getting clean for a minimum of six months. Not a maximum. Just have a handshake deal that he doesn't try to come back until the playoffs 2025. Then he gets "injured" and goes onto LTIR permanently. No risk of a fourth relapse and losing his entire contract. No risk of the Avs going over the cap.

Come playoff time its a bonus if he's there. But they won't be icing a roster under the cap if he's not.

Reactions: Alienblood

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
So can he be put on LTIR until the playoffs? I read some tweets he's got to be in the program and getting clean for a minimum of six months. Not a maximum. Just have a handshake deal that he doesn't try to come back until the playoffs 2025. Then he gets "injured" and goes onto LTIR permanently. No risk of a fourth relapse and losing his entire contract. No risk of the Avs going over the cap.

Come playoff time its a bonus if he's there. But they won't be icing a roster under the cap if he's not.
While he's in the program he still counts against the cap, so we can't play the LTIR shenanigans

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
While he's in the program he still counts against the cap, so we can't play the LTIR shenanigans
That's not true. He's suspended without pay and is off the books for now, so the LTIR thing is a possibility. The second he exits the program "clean" he's back on the books. Which could be by the middle of Nov. at the earliest.

When it comes to the cap and what they can do this summer it's a huge questionmark. Landys health is another one. We are talking about 13+ mil which they might or might not have to build a decent roster for next season.

We are f*cked, no matter how you spin it.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
It's going to be awkward conversating telling the league how you covered his antics ups, in an effort to get the league to allow you out of a percentage of his cap hit.
I believe the NHL released an official statement that they also investigated the incident in Seattle internally and found that the Avs did nothing wrong and the case should be considered closed.

Honestly, the league would probably rather these types of things get covered up, don't want any bad press.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nuke doesn’t count against the cap while in the program, but when he is activated, he counts on that league day. Which essentially means unless the Avs move to terminate day 1, the Avs have to save his cap room.

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think if we resign Drouin that would probably mean Val is not coming back. Then again it could still mean they’re not sure if Landy is coming back

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think if we resign Drouin that would probably mean Val is not coming back. Then again it could still mean they’re not sure if Landy is coming back
Landeskog is going to be back for training camp. We can be 100% certain of that given the work he has put in for two years.

Whether he holds up is a different story, but Val going away is Landeskog's money.

Drouin re-signing doesn't happen unless the Avs make other moves.

Reactions: missionAvs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Nuke doesn’t count against the cap while in the program, but when he is activated, he counts on that league day. Which essentially means unless the Avs move to terminate day 1, the Avs have to save his cap room.
Or be ready to play some LTIR shenanigans

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Landeskog is going to be back for training camp. We can be 100% certain of that given the work he has put in for two years.

Whether he holds up is a different story, but Val going away is Landeskog's money.

Drouin re-signing doesn't happen unless the Avs make other moves.
What other moves? I think all the new guys are gone, Duhaime, Trenin, Walker. Maybe they’ll find a way to keep Trenin since we don’t have a 4C for next year.

Cogs, JJ, Parise are gone. If Val and Landy are coming back, we can’t afford Drouin, if only Landy comes back and not Val and we free up Val’s 6 mill, we can just use that money to resign Drouin

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What other moves? I think all the new guys are gone, Duhaime, Trenin, Walker. Maybe they’ll find a way to keep Trenin since we don’t have a 4C for next year.

Cogs, JJ, Parise are gone. If Val and Landy are coming back, we can’t afford Drouin, if only Landy comes back and not Val and we free up Val’s 6 mill, we can just use that money to resign Drouin
Well no, that money is needed to bring Landeskog back. The cap going up covers Toews' raise. So if the Avs want to keep Drouin, they need to make another move to free up cap space unless you are expecting Mittelstadt to sign for like 4M which isn't happening.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Well no, that money is needed to bring Landeskog back. The cap going up covers Toews' raise. So if the Avs want to keep Drouin, they need to make another move to free up cap space unless you are expecting Mittelstadt to sign for like 4M which isn't happening.
Oof we might actually be done for then. Miles Wood and LOC as 2nd liners.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah but how much do we free up if we don’t bring back Duhaime, Walker, JJ, Parise, Cogs. Assuming we resign Trenin or maybe he’s gone too

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Val and Landy are coming back, we can’t afford Drouin, if only Landy comes back and not Val and we free up Val’s 6 mill, we can just use that money to resign Drouin
The current situation is this:

If Nuke and Landy are both on the payroll: Drouin is gone AND the Avs have to trade at the very least one of Colton, Girard, Manson or Lehky for picks/prospects (the other team can't send a contract back).

If only one of Landy or Nuke is back: Drouin is still gone but they can possibly make it without having to trade anyone.

Important point: There's virtually 0 chance that the Nuke contract completely disappears. Even if the contract is terminated we'll still get a hefty cap penalty.

The most likely scenario: next year we'll have only 3 of Colton, Drouin, Girard, Manson and Lehky.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oof we might actually be done for then. Miles Wood and LOC as 2nd liners.
If the Avalanche terminate Nichushkin and incur a 2M cap charge, then re-sign Mittelstadt for 6M this is what the lineup looks like:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - XXX
Wood - Colton - LOC
XXX - XXX - Kovalenko

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - XXX

Georgiev
Annunen

Wagner
Jones

A 22 man roster has only 6.235M in cap space for 3 forwards and a defensemen. Even if the Avs went league minimum on the 4th liners and 3rd pair D, that leaves a hair under 4M in cap space for Drouin.

It is doable, but the Avs have to be willing to accept the 4th line will probably suck next season with all league min guys AND you are hoping Landeskog returns to form.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the Avalanche terminate Nichushkin and incur a 2M cap charge
Why 2M though? Where is that from?

Hawks just got a 2M cap penalty for terminating a 4M AAV contract.

Nuke makes 6.125M, that means 3M+ penalty per season for 6 years.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Guy is here visibly obliterated and that was right after the hooker incident. He showed with this picture zero remorse for his actions that were probably the main factor that we lost against Seattle, and in retrospective it is not a surprise that he f***ed us over again.
Yeah. Dude seems completely without remorse for his actions. Polar opposite of what we’ve seen from guys like Jim Montgomery.

We should keep in mind that Nuke has always been a headcase. There’s a reason the Avs got a guy with the talent and hockey IQ he has for dirt cheap during their Cup run. He’s alienated a LOT of people over the years and is in the process of doing so with the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad