League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Canucks played a game where they were relying too much on Silovs to steal the game. They were okay being tied after the 1st period, but didn't push back offensively.

The pressure is still on the Oilers. Canucks have already far exceeded expectations for this season.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He'll fail. This is just lipstick on a pig.
He won't fail. Their roster will not be the same next season. Caps moved on from McPhee/Oates. Leafs moved on from Dubas/Keefe. BMac/Trotz changed the culture of the Caps and I think Treliving/Berube will change the culture of the Leafs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It appears that the Vancouver Canucks are already mentally in the slammer after running over a cop while trying to get to the golf course.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Ugh. Canuck fans going the same thing we went through in 2017 . Watching your team just lay down and die in game 7 without putting up any fight whatsoever.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Oilers almost blow it but manage to get through.

They are really going to struggle against Dallas. I can't see them winning that series.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Oilers almost blow it but manage to get through.

They are really going to struggle against Dallas. I can't see them winning that series.
Skinner is not a #1 goalie. He only faced 17 shots and still gave up 2. That's an .882 SV%. On the 1st Canucks goal, bad turnover by his d-man, but Skinner didn't even look ready for the shot because he wasn't paying attention. 2nd Canucks goal was a long slapshot from just inside the blue line. Canucks win the faceoff to their right winger who skates forward hard, hockey stops and goes back the other way to send a pass to the middle point for a one-timer. Skinner over reacted like the play was going behind the net(he was already down in RVH against the left post), didn't read the play well for a pass back to the point, where he wasn't ready for the one-timer. The guy is really a dumb goalie, where the Oilers powerhouse offense and PP, cover a lot for his mistakes.

Stars have a better offense than even the Oilers, so Skinner is in for a big heap of trouble!

Reactions: PlushMinus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Took the favorited Oilers 7 games to beat a team that was playing their 3rd string rookie goalie and had a weak PP. Kings had a weak offense and weak PP, as did the Canucks. I expect the Stars to finish off the Oilers in 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Took the favorited Oilers 7 games to beat a team that was playing their 3rd string rookie goalie and had a weak PP. Kings had a weak offense and weak PP, as did the Canucks. I expect the Stars to finish off the Oilers in 5.
I am going to say Dallas in 6. I think Oilers will win a couple purely because of their PP and the likes of McDavid and Draisatl. I also think one of those wins comes with Pickard in net.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Canucks laid an egg... what?

I thought they actually played pretty well. Shot counter propably didn't do them justice but they actually out-chanced Oilers 32-25 and high-danger scoring chances were 14-10 to Canucks. They had a great 3rd period but even the first 40 it's not like it was some domination by the Oilers, scoring chances were 20-24 to Oilers and high-danger scoring chances 7-9 to Oilers.

The irony of that this is... they had Ilya Mikheyev playing on Brock Boeser's spot. That's the guy that got their best chances early and he didn't even manage to get a single SOG. That's just brutal luck to a team that already was down Vezina-caliber goalie for the entire series.

Oilers don't really impress me that much but atleast they didn't have to keep playing McDavid and Draisatl 29+ minutes per game to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad