IIHF Power Rankings right now

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It’s nice to hear there are elite NHLers (pasta) who will play for their country even after a hard nhl playoff grind. Hard not to cheer for guys who do that.
It's funny because pasta and Zacha are both ends of the spectrum.lol. One always shows and plays with heart. The other never does. I wouldn't even ask Zacha.

Reactions: Fatass

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Isn’t the baseball one connected to the Big Leagues though?

Where are all the other baseball leagues represented?

The World Series is a club championship.

It would be like calling the Stanley Cup finals the World Cup.

There are plenty of NHLers at the World Championship so it’s definitely connected.

Even soccer doesn’t have a best on best every year.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Where are all the other baseball leagues represented?

The World Series is a club championship.

It would be like calling the Stanley Cup finals the World Cup.

There are plenty of NHLers at the World Championship so it’s definitely connected.
The best hockey club for the year is the Cup winner. The best baseball team for the year us the series winner. The iihf WC isn’t the best on best. Wish it was. But unfortunately it can’t be. Sounds like Pasta will arrive soon. That’s good.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The best hockey club for the year is the Cup winner. The best baseball team for the year us the series winner. The iihf WC isn’t the best on best. Wish it was. But unfortunately it can’t be. Sounds like Pasta will arrive soon. That’s good.

No, it isn’t and it never has been. (Well, there have been some lockout iterations)

That’s why they have the Olympics and the World Cup (in theory)

The idea of an annual best on best tournament is silly anyway because the best guys won’t come every year.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I don't agree that best team is always the team that wins the playoffs. I think the best team is the team that finishes 1st during the regular season. The playoffs are separate from the regular season. And no champions of any domestic sports league should call themselves world champions it's arrogant and silly

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Mine is not too different to be honest

Sweden
Canada
US
Swiss
Czechs
Slovaks
Germans
Finns

And keep in mind, I think I'm the only one to pick the Finn's over Sweden.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Sweden
Canada
US
Swiss
Czechs
Slovaks
Germans
Finns

You're the only one bold enough to have that take that I've seen so far.

Far be it from me to dismiss the Finns but there is a not insignificant discrepancy in both talent and team cohesion between those two teams this year.

It's tough to picture for me, Sisu be damned.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Far be it from me to dismiss the Finns but there is a not insignificant discrepancy in both talent and team cohesion between those two teams this year.

Same time as the Czech vs US game... I may be on HF vacation by the time their game ends.lol

Reactions: jj cale

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Sweden
Canada
US
Swiss
Czechs
Slovaks
Germans
Finns

Interesting, what is your motivation. Contrarian?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

I would never count out a Team Finland coached by Jalonen but so far this team has just never got going. The roster being lacking compared to other big countries is nothing new but so far this year it really looks like there's no team magic happening to get over that.

Looks likely they'll also be missing Granlund... I think their only hope lies in somehow magically putting everything together when it really matters and players finding their mojo being the underdogs with nothing to lose. They haven't yet played a good 60 minutes of hockey in any game, so if they manage to actually play 3 good periods that would already be a big improvement, but probably not enough unless they also find an extra gear.

Still, SWE-FIN is almost always a good game no matter the expectations.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Strong disagree but here are the new power rankings.. mine are 1. Sweden, 2. Canada, 3. Swiss, 4. Czechs

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It was a typical Finland game. Not the most enjoyable to watch if you prefer skill based and skill based because of it was mostly Sweden holding the puck and Finland getting rare opportunities.
I saw the O.T. and Finland looked good until the penalty. So close to an amazing upset.

Reactions: FinPanda

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I saw the O.T. and Finland looked good until the penalty. So close to an amazing upset.
Up until the 3rd goal and all the bad luck the game against Czechia was actually better for Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad