Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Lol, nucks fans think McDavid highstick was deliberate and intent to injure..
20240519_125306.jpg

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
It would be great to see some video but I heard that after the game ended Carrick was skating up to a few Canuck players and going eye to eye.
Apparently he was also giving it to Soucy all game.
The team needs more of that.

He had an excellent game as well.
10:29 TOI...58% on faceoffs...credited with 6 hits.
Knoblauch has to play him on Monday.
One of the more confusing lineup decisions all series was not playing this guy. It’s concerning that the casual fans are capable of making smarter lineup decisions than the coaches are a lot of the time.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knobs tactical adjustments have really gone under the radar, he's a really intelligent coach. A really good fit for our group.
Amazing coach. Carrick in was the right move. As was the belief in Skinner, which was a ballsy move and panned almost universally. But Knob doesn’t care about the noise, he sees what he sees and makes the call with conviction and confidence.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Tough to rant about much after a 5-1 win in a must-win game but holy shit how does the bottom six continue to go out and barely even get any shots?
If the bottom 6 can't get going its gonna he tough to get past game 7 let alone the next series

But man does Holloway drai Kane look fking great

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I agree. I don’t think you can have Skinner starting 55 games. That’s too much work for him and it exposes him in games way too much, leaving the org susceptible to losses that should be wins. Anyway, he’ll be in the net tomorrow, so I hope he can be a .900 goalie again, especially when the shot count rises to be more like a typical NHL game. Only saw 15 shots yesterday.

I expect more shots against next game, but to be fair, less than 20 shots for per game hasn’t been unusual for Vancouver these playoffs

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Amazing coach. Carrick in was the right move. As was the belief in Skinner, which was a ballsy move and panned almost universally. But Knob doesn’t care about the noise, he sees what he sees and makes the call with conviction and confidence.
I mentioned that Nucks are also screwed on the goalie file. They've gone too long with Silovs in a row and he's now obviously tired and not as sharp. Most games he's ever seen in so short a time. Whereas Skinner is in fresh, not tired at all and Nucks gave him little work.

Not sure what the Nucks do as I don't think a team would change it up in game 7. They're kind of stuck now. They got tons from Silovs but he's seen too many pucks and he's had to save the nucks too many nights.

Oilers best play is to get everything at net and barge net. Nucks D are tired too. They weren't boxing out well.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Tough to rant about much after a 5-1 win in a must-win game but holy shit how does the bottom six continue to go out and barely even get any shots?
They also allowed barely any shots. I thought the bottom 6 was good

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I mentioned that Nucks are also screwed on the goalie file. They've gone too long with Silovs in a row and he's now obviously tired and not as sharp. Most games he's ever seen in so short a time. Whereas Skinner is in fresh, not tired at all and Nucks gave him little work.

Not sure what the Nucks do as I don't think a team would change it up in game 7. They're kind of stuck now. They got tons from Silovs but he's seen too many pucks and he's had to save the nucks too many nights.

Oilers best play is to get everything at net and barge net. Nucks D are tired too. They weren't boxing out well.
Gotta wonder if he’s a bit shook after getting lit up yesterday.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yeh for sure. Silovs is starting to fade. Nucks fans are are getting worried too. No longer cocky about their Latvian bronze medalist. Silovs has never seen this type of work load let alone this type of shooting talent. It’s a lot to ask of a rookie. Oilers really just need to keep pressing, those sit back and defend games we used against LA shouldn’t be the game plan. Keep pressing and pounding Silovs and we should break him. Game 7 win incoming!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
One of the more confusing lineup decisions all series was not playing this guy. It’s concerning that the casual fans are capable of making smarter lineup decisions than the coaches are a lot of the time.
Well...I totally get the frustration but I wouldnt go that far. Fans occasionally get it right.
This is a very good coaching staff and a lot of fans/posters had completely turned on them after game 5.
Cleary that was a major mistake.

Knoblauch and company looked at Tocchets adjustments in game 5 and completely turned the tables.
They deserve big time props for that.
We shall see what happens in game 7 but I absolutely wouldnt bet against this coaching staff outcoaching Tocchet and his staff.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Well...I totally get the frustration but I wouldnt go that far. Fans occasionally get it right.
This is a very good coaching staff and a lot of fans/posters had completely turned on them after game 5.
Cleary that was a major mistake.

Knoblauch and company looked at Tocchets adjustments in game 5 and completely turned the tables.
They deserve big time props for that.
We shall see what happens in game 7 but I absolutely wouldnt bet against this coaching staff outcoaching Tocchet and his staff.
Carrick played well last night, but really was so so in his earlier games before he got hurt.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Carrick played well last night, but really was so so in his earlier games before he got hurt.
Good point.
They had him with the right wingers in game 6 (2 smart players in Brown and Ryan) and they didnt over play that line.
The McLeod line was very good as well.
Honestly thats the best the bottom 6 has looked to me this entire playoffs
Really impressed with Janmark and his battle level.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Sorry, at this point, I put little stock in whatever your opinion on Kane is. Obviously we see and interpret different things, so whatever. Kane was okay tonight, as I think his sports hernia has really been bothering him, but he's fighting through it. Can't imagine the pain, discomfort and limitations it's providing and I'm sure it will all get looked after immediately when the playoffs are over, Until then, he's gutting it out. I thought he was excellent in the Kings series and also really good in games 2 and 3 of this series, but not quite as good lately. But when some people see a goal, or an assist, they tend to overlook the body of work for that game. A guy can have a great game and impact on it, by not generating one point, but hitting posts and crossbars and having goalies make unreal saves on them, or just plain, dumb bad luck. Seduced by stats, I would say. Hopefully he's able to ramp it up and suck it up. They're going to need him badly going forward, whether that's one game or into June.
Okay. We are done now. I gave you evidence of his poor play and you’re a dick. I reached out with an olive branch and gave him credit and you’re still being a dick. Going on ignore.

Nah, he shouldn't even be here.:sarcasm:;)
Can’t even accept an olive brand. F off

But he doesn't lose his shit on the bench so he's obviously a bad coach. ;)
I don’t think anyone is saying he needs to lose his shit- but he needs to be more engaged. Have you ever seen him talking to his players good or bad? He seems purely tactical. It’s not good or bad, just an observation

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Okay. We are done now. I gave you evidence of his poor play and you’re a dick. I reached out with an olive branch and gave him credit and you’re still being a dick. Going on ignore.

Can’t even accept an olive brand. F off
Olive branch for what? You gave me nothing but your own opinion of his so called "poor play." You have been the one that's turned this personal with your name calling etc, and here you are again. You've chased me around here before for other comments I've made. It's obvious you and I are never going to agree on Kane's importance to the team and what he can still bring throughout the entire playoffs. I said he was playing well beyond scoring points earlier, but that apparently doesn't matter with you. You're the one that said let's wait until the playoffs are done, after getting after me when he supposedly "had a good game.," Don't insult me now by bringing up his play to me after every game, when you got after me for doing that before (and I admit I did it and shouldn't have). You and I will forever disagree on this players importance to the team, regardless of what he does, so there is no further sense discussing with you.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I don't get this post Kane is averaging better in these playoffs than in his career average It's really what is expected from him
Yes, but he has been inconsistent during the regular season (only 40 odd points and long goalless stretches). Neither did he produce much during the LA series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad