WC: France 2024 roster talk

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
The top scorers for France after 3 games :

- Stéphane Da Costa : 4 points (2+2)
- Yohann Auvitu : 3 points (0+3)
- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare : 2 points (2+0)
- Justin Addamo : 2 points (2+0)

The last lineup (probably the same against the US tonight, except Junca who should be in net) :

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
thoughts on T. Bozon after first 2 games? had nice season in Lausanne, especially in terms of goalscoring. Expected him to score a few goals. Its sorely missing with Fabre absence and rather poor showing from Bertrand (i only checked stats from DEL tho, not very inspiring for a proven goalscorer - 5G in 50GP or something like this)
T. Bozon should be one of our top scoring leaders
Unfortunately, it's not really clicking (yet) for him those previous games
That's a pity because he has excellent linemates this year with Da Costa and Bellemare
Maybe a poor start because of his long playoff run with Lausanne, and maybe he keeps all his contribution for the big nations to come :sarcasm:

Bertrand had good playoffs in DEL, 6 games for 5 points (3+2)
He hit the post once and had couple of scoring chances during the first games, but he has to be better yes

Reactions: aonb and Friar85

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Technically, not yet... crazy scenario being if

- KAZ takes one point off USA
- but loses to POL by 2 goals while scoring at least 2 goals themselves
- and FRA takes no point in their last 3 games
- they go down

Seems totally mad but I'm sure I've seen stranger things in sport 😅

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
France have to be unhappy with how Junca and Ylonen have performed here... Big games in August and I would say they don't know who their goaltender is going to be. Papillon has been the best here so far and he's not highly touted.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Bozon knows... he always prefers Ylönen for their most important games, for better but mostly for worse.

Papillon's problem for Bozon is very likely his size. He is the shortest of the three. And considering Keller and Neckar are also taller, it's not gonna change anytime soon.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bozon knows... he always prefers Ylönen for their most important games, for better but mostly for worse.

Papillon's problem for Bozon is very likely his size. He is the shortest of the three. And considering Keller and Neckar are also taller, it's not gonna change anytime soon.
So what do you make of their chances in qualifying?

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Bellemare giving his 2 cents about who should be number 1.

[...] The match was close, Quentin was incredible. We can't ignore his work... I have nothing against the other two, but we can't ignore the chance he gives us tonight, and that he allows us to stay in the match

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't hate Junca's game either, he was really good against Latvia and the 1st period against USA was just.. a team under the steamroll. Not heroic like Papillon but acceptable.

Ylonen, meanwhile, was weak and even superficially compared their League Magnus numbers it makes sense that one is a clearly superior goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad