GWT: EPL - Matchweek 38

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Everton gave 110% in a meaningless game, got a lucky deflection goal, and intentionally injured one of our best players. I hope they get relegated next year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No surprise about the City title win once again. Would be nice if they would face any punishment for the constant cheating though.

Reactions: maclean

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Credit to Arsenal for at least taking care of business down the stretch. I'd like to see Arteta win one.

Meanwhile it seems that in all likelihood Liverpool will be joining the Asterix club (before next year?). Curious to see what other moves on and off pitch occur.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal fans being mad that Everton didn’t roll over for them is, in a nutshell, why everyone on this board was rooting against them :laugh:
That's not why I'm mad at them. It's the "intentionally injured one of our best players" in said meaningless game thing that makes me mad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i can’t believe Mo Kudus scored the goal of the season in a meaningless game

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
UHHH CHELSEA?!?!?
Chelsea has faced punishments for cheating. There's no evidence that they have constantly inflated their own revenue year after year with fake sponsorships like Manchester City have. They are a decently sized club with a large enough fan base to justify the revenue they do pull in, while Manchester City signs bigger deals than anyone in the world.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What about it

I'm sorry but the irony of a Chelsea fan complaining about City when Chelsea are trying to get around financial fair play rules and flat out buying clubs to hoard players is incredible. f*** City but Chelsea has zero leg to stand on. They're just as much of piece of shit club.

Maybe this summer they can buy reffing clinics and hoard refs.

Chelsea has faced punishments for cheating. There's no evidence that they have constantly inflated their own revenue year after year with fake sponsorships like Manchester City have. They are a decently sized club with a large enough fan base to justify the revenue they do pull in, while Manchester City signs bigger deals than anyone in the world.

My man, Chelsea tears clubs away from their fans. f*** them. They're football terrorists. There isn't a single thing that's honorable about how they do business.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm sorry but the irony of a Chelsea fan complaining about City when Chelsea are trying to get around financial fair play rules and flat out buying clubs to hoard players is incredible. f*** City but Chelsea has zero leg to stand on. They're just as much of piece of shit club.

Maybe this summer they can buy reffing clinics and hoard refs.

My man, Chelsea tears clubs away from their fans. f*** them. They're football terrorists.
Chelsea doing things within the rules and exploiting loopholes for their own benefit is not the same as cooking the books for a decade and using more money and hoards of lawyers to escape any consequences.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Game decider of the season for Arsenal. Parking the bus at the Etihad. That day I knew they lost the title as Man City would not drop a point, been there and done that. Never hope for City to drop points. That is the hope that kill you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad