Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Dude..stop. If you can’t figure out stats and probabilities than you are too far behind your attempted “gotcha” question.
You said it. ''no value''. A sixth rounder traded for a sixth round draft pick. heh heh heh.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Trade Pasta ? How anyone can say this is mindboggling .Without him they are a lottery team.Marchand 2nd on team in scoring 43 pts behind him.Pasta had 110 pts
the man hasnt stepped up when it matters going on 5 years now. who gives a crap about reg season.

So...Is anybody jumping on another's team bandwagon?
i like vancouver only because i like tocchet

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well, I suppose he had some value. No, he wasn't. What are you getting at?
I've already forgotten. It had something to do with how we always make deadline deals and most of them don't work out. I get that Maroon was brought in to cancel out Reaves but he could have thrown that bulky frame into a few more Panthers.

None of it matters any more. It's all Lucic's fault anyway :)

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It's another postseason meltdown by the Bruins. I just can't trust them anymore in the playoffs. Only the pure genius of David Pastrnak kept them from a first round sweep thanks to his clutch OT goal in game 7.

What's the missing piece? I think the Bruins need to take a long hard look in the mirror and figure it out. This 'plays like Tarzan' in the regular season turns into 'plays like Jane' in the playoffs has been going on for YEARS now.

We need to re-examine the roster. Maybe start by acquiring a bona fide 1A center for next season somehow?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Trade Pasta ? How anyone can say this is mindboggling .Without him they are a lottery team.Marchand 2nd on team in scoring 43 pts behind him.Pasta had 110 pts
Trading Pasta is insanity. It would be like the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth or more recently trading away Mookie Betts. They would deserve to swill in mediocrity for at least a decade for making such a boneheaded move. Pasta is a franchise player and he's not the 'problem'.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the makeup of the Bruins in the playoffs though, that is for sure. It's the GM's JOB to figure out that problem and to fix it.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
the man hasnt stepped up when it matters going on 5 years now. who gives a crap about reg season.

i like vancouver only because i like tocchet
More nonsense about Pasta who in 90 playoff games has 87pts, 39 goals and 48 assists.
Both Toronto and Florida focused on taking his time and space away, when he had time and space, he produced!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Again I question removing Boquist and Lauko and keeping Maroon And JVR in the line up the entire series. The later were horrid. To keep the GM and vets happy is all I could come up with. Brutal.
Pasta had 1 goal and 2 assists in the series
Zacha had 1 pt in the last 5 games
Coyle had 1 goal and 2 assists in the series

To somehow think the problem in this series was who was playing on the 4th line seems very odd to me.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
More nonsense about Pasta who in 90 playoff games has 87pts, 39 goals and 48 assists.
Both Toronto and Florida focused on taking his time and space away, when he had time and space, he produced!
I thought Toronto did not so much Florida he had plenty of glorious chances,look I love Pasta not saying he should be traded,but am also very disappointed in his play the last series.Not sure how anyone couldn’t be.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
It's another postseason meltdown by the Bruins. I just can't trust them anymore in the playoffs. Only the pure genius of David Pastrnak kept them from a first round sweep thanks to his clutch OT goal in game 7.

What's the missing piece? I think the Bruins need to take a long hard look in the mirror and figure it out. This 'plays like Tarzan' in the regular season turns into 'plays like Jane' in the playoffs has been going on for YEARS now.

We need to re-examine the roster. Maybe start by acquiring a bona fide 1A center for next season somehow?
They will Donny wont comeback with 2 b centers he knows team is super weak down the middle .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pasta had 1 goal and 2 assists in the series
Zacha had 1 pt in the last 5 games
Coyle had 1 goal and 2 assists in the series

To somehow think the problem in this series was who was playing on the 4th line seems very odd to me.
Boquist was an impact player in the Toronto series. Lauko was an impact player Florida. The 3rd and 4th lines chipping in helps create opportunities and overall team success. JVR and Maroon did nothing to impact the outcome of the game. Are you saying pasta Zacha and Coyle had no impact? That's odd to me.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Boquist was an impact player in the Toronto series. Lauko was an impact player Florida. The 3rd and 4th lines chipping in helps create opportunities and overall team success. JVR and Maroon did nothing to impact the outcome of the game. Are you saying pasta Zacha and Coyle had no impact? That's odd to me.

I'm saying the number one issue with the team was scoring. The team didn't score (or allow) a single goal w/ Laukko on the ice. He had 2 shots on goal in the series. I would have played him over Maroon, but at the end of the day, the Bruins didnt have enough offense. Period. The difference in Laukko over Maroon wasn't going to move the needle if the top 6 players weren't scoring.

I'm saying that the Bruins Centers weren't good enough. Zacha, Geekie and Coyle had a total of 8 pts combined in the series.
Barkov, Lundell and Luostarainen had a combined 15 pts

Who was playing on the 4th line was a much smaller issue than the talent gap up the middle.

I also think we have different definitions of "impact player".

Reactions: vjcsmoke

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think Boqvist was hurt

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm saying the number one issue with the team was scoring. The team didn't score (or allow) a single goal w/ Laukko on the ice. He had 2 shots on goal in the series. I would have played him over Maroon, but at the end of the day, the Bruins didnt have enough offense. Period. The difference in Laukko over Maroon wasn't going to move the needle if the top 6 players weren't scoring.

I'm saying that the Bruins Centers weren't good enough. Zacha, Geekie and Coyle had a total of 8 pts combined in the series.
Barkov, Lundell and Luostarainen had a combined 15 pts

Who was playing on the 4th line was a much smaller issue than the talent gap up the middle.

I also think we have different definitions of "impact player".
IMO bruins were focussed on being opportunistic and concentrated on Overall team D.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
There is something fundamentally wrong with the makeup of the Bruins in the playoffs though, that is for sure. It's the GM's JOB to figure out that problem and to fix it.
I don't think it's "fundamentally wrong" and it's not that hard to figure out. We were an aging team and we sold the future for the present. Hence, with no Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, we simply lack high end talent. So we play a shutdown system to take away time and space. We were tougher this year than last, but we can't score enough goals to keep winning 1-0 , 2-1 or 3-2. We just lack enough scoring talent simple as that .

It's actually quite remarkable that we have stayed in it and not fallen to the bottom at this point. Most teams that were really good at one time crash and burn at the end. Look at Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim. Washington somehow managed to stay in it, that was remarkable and we've stayed solid and were in the final 8. That is truly remarkable given all the old stars retired and gone.

If Poitras is for real next year we might actually be in it again and if we sign a Lindholm or a few others we might actually have a real shot again. It's truly remarkable. Fans of Buffalo and Detroit, Toronto, keep expecting us to go away and we just refuse. I love that. We are spoiled.

The team has made mistakes and had some bad luck. We'd all be happier if we'd won game 7 against St. Louis or if last year's loaded roster went all the way and beat Cassidy but hey, it could be a lot worse, we could be Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad