Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Not trolling. If you think the Canucks have looked good this series than enjoy that I guess.
It doesnt matter if they look good or not, its not a beauty contest. Its all about wins. You rather they look good and lose? Thats loser talk. Canucks get wins anyway they can, thats how you win championships. Canucks have surpassed expectations but its hilarious how people still put them down. Bet if they won the cup, some people will whine about how it was a fluke and they didnt look good 🤣

FWIW, Edmonton is now playing their 32 year old 3rd string goalie, which is kind of even worse.
Thats Edmontons choice, their number 1 is healthy.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
To be fair, a lot of Edmonton media were not as confident in this series as some of the national media. Most fans/media that actually follow the team didn't think it would be a cakewalk.

It goes to show how poorly the national media understands these teams.

Canucks were 3.25 to win the series before it started.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... The funny thing is that Silovs didn't even merit an honorable mention pre-season as one of the top 5 Canucks goalies -- Who Is The Backup Goaltender For The Vancouver Canucks | StatMuse

That statmuse list you cited lists eight goalies in alphabetical order *. Listing Jonathan Lemieux, entering his first year as an undrafted pro signed to a minor league contract as 3rd behind Demko and DeSmith makes it pretty clear that it was not an attempt to rank goalies in order on a depth chart.

I think pretty much everyone who follows the Canucks would have said last pre-season that Silovs was already pencilled in as Demko's backup for 2024-2025. He already had a 5 game stint with the Canucks in 2022-2023 before his MVP performance backstopping Latvia to the World Championship bronze medal and last summer there was speculation he might already be in a position to challenge for the backup spot for 2023-24.

* Demko DeSmith Lemieux Martin Sawchenko Silovs Tolopilo Young

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
That statmuse list you cited lists eight goalies in alphabetical order *. Listing Jonathan Lemieux, entering his first year as an undrafted pro signed to a minor league contract as 3rd behind Demko and DeSmith makes it pretty clear that it was not an attempt to rank goalies in order on a depth chart.

I think pretty much everyone who follows the Canucks would have said last pre-season that Silovs was already pencilled in as Demko's backup for 2024-2025. He already had a 5 game stint with the Canucks in 2022-2023 before his MVP performance backstopping Latvia to the World Championship bronze medal and last summer there was speculation he might already be in a position to challenge for the backup spot for 2023-24.

* Demko DeSmith Lemieux Martin Sawchenko Silovs Tolopilo Young
I was mostly looking at the page header that excluded Silovs, but no big deal.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Whoever wins this series will get creampied by Dallas.

this is kind of the expectation and most nucks fans already view the achievements of the team this season as a win.

the team took amazing strides in addressing a team defense that hasn't been seen for years and it's been fun to watch them again.

gaining playoff experience for a young core is great too

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Great up-and-down hockey until the last two periods of Game 5, where the Canucks really took over. I'd still put it ahead of the other second-round series. I watched the first period of Game 6 of Panthers-Bruins today, and it was like a soccer chess match. Defensively very well played, but I'm entertained by great scoring chances and saves.
Your last sentence is precisely why an Eastern Conference team will win the cup this season.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's had alot of suspense, and neither team has shown the ability to play well with the lead whatsoever. They you have two large and passionate fanbases that don't like each other.

As a neutral, those conditions make it fun to watch the games

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
All the 2nd round series have been great, 3rd round should also be very good, I feel like the Final might be a let down.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
It doesnt matter if they look good or not, its not a beauty contest. Its all about wins. You rather they look good and lose? Thats loser talk. Canucks get wins anyway they can, thats how you win championships. Canucks have surpassed expectations but its hilarious how people still put them down. Bet if they won the cup, some people will whine about how it was a fluke and they didnt look good 🤣

Thats Edmontons choice, their number 1 is healthy.
You're the one that said they looked good.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Pure entertainment value : Bruins - Leafs

Nothing beats a good old Leafs almost come back heartbreaker Game 7 OT loss.

Pure hockey value, nothing beats a Canadian series.

Hard disagree. The quality of play was pretty meh.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It's been a great series and I'm glad we're getting a game seven, but this game tonight has been a stinker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad