Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I felt after Avs beat us nothing was going to stop them en route to the cup

But I was wrong

May the stars sweep either the canucks or the oilers.
If you expect a sweep in the Western finals you will likely be wrong again. Neither the Oilers or Canucks will fold and both have their own strengths. I expect a long close series no matter who gets out of the Pacific.

Reactions: robertocarlos

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you expect a sweep in the Western finals you will likely be wrong again. Neither the Oilers or Canucks will fold and both have their own strengths. I expect a long close series no matter who gets out of the Pacific.

Playoffs are hard to predict.

When Dallas prevailed over Vegas in 7 I texted a friend who is a big Dallas fan and said I think that will be your toughest series on the way to the cup. I was half joking but half not joking.

I have to admit I have been a bit surprised by Vancouver so far.

Two very good teams battling in the east. That shoukd be a heck of a series and I think I might even try to watch some of the games.

Maurice, Lavi, DeBoer so far. Some slag retread coaches but here we are. “IF” they are joined by Tocchet then it’s all recycled coaches that have their teams playing great.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I felt after Avs beat us nothing was going to stop them en route to the cup

But I was wrong

May the stars sweep either the canucks or the oilers.
The Jets were an easy out for Colorado. Dallas advancing was exactly what I thought was going to happen. I said before that neither the Jets nor Colorado were going to beat Dallas.

And as bad as the Jets played against Colorado, how bad would it had looked if we had played Dallas in round #1?

It won't be easy, but Dallas will be representing the West in the Finals.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Kind of happy for Maurice. Yes, he's a snake charmer, but he's our snake charmer. :)
Hope Maurice and the Panthers fall flat on their faces. He couldn’t get it done here. I hope he continues to fail there.

Dallas is who I want to see win the Stanley Cup!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I see nobody made a comment of the Stars player pulling the helmet off an Avs player last night.
But when Niederreiter did it ... it was a penalty and the Avs scored a PP to blow the game wide open.
A lot of calls/non-calls went against the Jets and because of the Jets pathetic PK the games were not close to question the calls.
Speaking of calls the Panthers had 12 more PPs than the Bruins in a 6 game series ... so much for evening out the calls.
With sports betting and some very questionable calls that change from game to game people are going to start to wonder.
But we already know certain teams get the calls and others don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad