All-Purpose News Thread Part II

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Just for fun and Rousey stuff aside - released and not renewed are two different things. If websites/journalists have previously reported someone as being released when in reality their contract expired that's incorrect reporting and they should learn that words have meaning.

Reactions: Jussi and CDJ

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wrestlemania announced for April 19-20 in Vegas. Which is strange because that’s Easter Sunday, something they’ve always avoided

That is also the latest date ever for a Wrestlemania card, (previous late date was April 10-11). Usually it falls last week of March or first week of April. The way it's set now they can have 2 PPVs between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Do you agree or disagree with this statement:

Drew Gulak no longer has a job with WWE because it came out that he tried to grab Ronda Rousey's ho-ha.

Yes or no?

Sounds like Gulak may have been more than just a guy innocently grabbing drawstrings

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I was hoping with Vince gone, they'd bring back the numbered Wrestlemania, specifically roman numerals. I think it makes the event seem more important.

Not sure how true it is but I remember reading years ago that Vince didn't like numbering Wrestlemania events because it made it seem old.

Other than XXX and XL, I don't think they've numbered a Wrestlemania since around Wrestlemania 27 or so.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nothing. Probably the easiest sales pitch of all time. Who wants to go to Minneapolis? International tourist destination vs you can see exteriors from Mary Tyler Moore.
From a fan standpoint Minneapolis would be a helluva lot cheaper than Vegas.. Vegas prices have only got more insane the past 3-5 years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That is also the latest date ever for a Wrestlemania card, (previous late date was April 10-11). Usually it falls last week of March or first week of April. The way it's set now they can have 2 PPVs between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania
That is on purpose. There was talk they want to move it into the first weekend in May (this weekend) to avoid the cold.

I should say though, if Wrestlemania was this weekend, it’s been raining all weekend in Philly. And it’s cold today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s on purpose. There was talk they want to move it into this weekend in May so that the weather is nicer. Although had they done that this year, the weather is worse in Philly than it was a month ago. But it was also 90 the other day.

They did 2 PPV’s for years, nothing is stopping them. They haven’t moved the Rumble though. But 2 extra weeks of ‘the Road to Wrestlemania’ should be better business.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just for fun and Rousey stuff aside - released and not renewed are two different things. If websites/journalists have previously reported someone as being released when in reality their contract expired that's incorrect reporting and they should learn that words have meaning.
Let's not forget that we are on a site where the distinction between "re-signed" and "resigned" is hard for some people. :laugh:

Last edited:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING!

I mean seriously... If anyone thinks the Rousey incident didn't lead to Gulak no longer having a job I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Lol no it's not. Same as Chicago outright terminating Corey Perry's contract would not be the same as a team letting any UFA walk.

You can argue the reason all day, but not renewing somebody is not the same as firing them.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Unless Bray Wyatt somehow had explicit instructions or ideas, I don’t like that they’re doing this.
Apparently the Bray Wyatt documentary revealed that Bo and Bray were working together on the Bray Wyatt comeback angle so it seems they had a similar thinking on this.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thinking bout going home to vegas for mania but the price may be bonkers

Ticket prices will be what they will be (I have no idea what WM tickets normally go for).

But would going to a tourist city like Vegas with lots of hotel rooms and lots of restaurants help keep those other costs down? Compared to say Minnesota where there are less of each and you can get that price gouging from the existing hotels and the AirBnB crowd abusing the lack of supply.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Ticket prices will be what they will be (I have no idea what WM tickets normally go for).

But would going to a tourist city like Vegas with lots of hotel rooms and lots of restaurants help keep those other costs down? Compared to say Minnesota where there are less of each and you can get that price gouging from the existing hotels and the AirBnB crowd abusing the lack of supply.
I was thinking the same thing, but for flights. The tourist destinations like Vegas and Orlando are way cheaper to fly to than Minnestoa for sure.

Reactions: BruinDust

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It's probably already been covered, but apparently a few days ago Meltzer was claiming that Roman and Heyman were the two pushing for Roman to go over Cody at WM39, with the belief that it'd make Cody, Jey, Solo, and others bigger stars.

In hindsight, they were absolutely right. (Minus Solo) And it's a good thing because otherwise that kinda makes you look like "That doesn't work for me, brother". And I really don't think Roman's a backstage political douche, so he gets the benefit of the doubt, there.

... Then again it's also coming from Meltzer, who doesn't have all that great of a recent track record with WWE.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's probably already been covered, but apparently a few days ago Meltzer was claiming that Roman and Heyman were the two pushing for Roman to go over Cody at WM39, with the belief that it'd make Cody, Jey, Solo, and others bigger stars.

In hindsight, they were absolutely right. (Minus Solo) And it's a good thing because otherwise that kinda makes you look like "That doesn't work for me, brother". And I really don't think Roman's a backstage political douche, so he gets the benefit of the doubt, there.

... Then again it's also coming from Meltzer, who doesn't have all that great of a recent track record with WWE.
I get the total opposite vibe from Roman as well. I have no doubts that he lobbied to go over the first go-round with Cody, with a plan in place to do the job for him in the near future for Cody's first world title win.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely worked out for Jey. His rise is honestly one of the more unexpected things I've seen in recent years.

I would never have expected Jey Uso to be as over as he is. 5 years ago I didn't even know which Uso was which

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad