Value of: 3rd overall pick

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.
Imagine the ask for Marner after yet another piss poor playoff performance would be Zegras and on top of that you’d get to draft 3rd overall as well.

Marner isn’t worth anywhere near that. I’m not even sure he’s worth his cap hit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you think Marner is a crap asset than all the power to ya. If you're lucky the 3rd OA will become 75% of the player he is.

But anyway I'm done wasting my time. I know it's popular to hate on and troll everything Leafs on the mains.
I didn't say every offer for Zegras is for crap value. Marner isn't but he still doesnt make sense for Anaheim and where they're at imo. Point was you still offered the guy up for Zegras and walked away from a "no" with the most common reaction to no that has followed every stupid Zegras thread that has popped up since those rumors first started swirling.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Ya i mean i guess it depeneds who we like and who Chicago takes
but i think chicago takes Demidov.

So if demidov is off the boards, not sure it makes sense for Montreal to move up(unless they really like lindstrom, and think Columbus might grab him).
I could see the Habs adding to move up from 5 to 3.

If the ducks don't have anyone specific in mind after the first two picks, or they feel that their player will be available at 5; I could see a trade between the two teams.

It really depends what the GMs think will happen. If the Habs think that their player will be taken 3rd or 4th, they will be using assets to move up (and they have a bunch of them).

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
so how does that make Anaheim better exactly?
Trade down to get a better second pick. If they think the player they want to draft at 3 would still be there at 5 it would be good for them.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.

The extension would have to be for 8M. No one wants to pay those assets for the privilege of paying someone who doesn’t produce in the playoffs 11+ M.

Don’t see it happening. More likely, you’ll trade Marner for a contract with less salary but more term remaining and it will be limited to a team he’s willing to waive for.

I didn't say every offer for Zegras is for crap value. Marner isn't but he still doesnt make sense for Anaheim and where they're at imo. Point was you still offered the guy up for Zegras and walked away from a "no" with the most common reaction to no that has followed every stupid Zegras thread that has popped up since those rumors first started swirling.

Marner for Gibson makes more sense under the circumstance.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Trade down to get a better second pick. If they think the player they want to draft at 3 would still be there at 5 it would be good for them.
that's not really answering the question OP was asking. How does moving down a couple spots help make the team better next season? our prospect pool is already top of the league, we need to start competing.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
that's not really answering the question OP was asking. How does moving down a couple spots help make the team better next season? our prospect pool is already top of the league, we need to start competing.
The Ducks will most likely improve next year but will still be a lottery team if not a top 10 pick team. Hoping for anything better than that is just a recipe for disappointment.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ana doesn’t need to make the PO. But they should get out of the bottom 5. They had 59 points. Montreal at 5th worst had 76 points.

3 of the last 4 seasons bottom 3 in the nhl standings and 4/5 in bottom 5. Sold their ufas to be back in 2022. Have kids like Gauthier, Carlson, Zell, Mintyukov, Lacombe and even MacTavish who need quality vets around them.
Figure out how to acquire a couple of them either via free agency or trade.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
And if Mtl add 58th?
Does nothing for Ana who already has two 2nds and three 3rds. And Edm 1st around 30

Picks 30, 35, 59, 66, 68.
No need for 58 tbh.

I believe Ana would like rd. Would they like Mailloux?

You still have reinbacher and Barron young rds. Plus 2 vets.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Does nothing for Ana who already has two 2nds and three 3rds. And Edm 1st around 30

Picks 30, 35, 59, 66, 68.
No need for 58 tbh.

I believe Ana would like rd. Would they like Mailloux?

You still have reinbacher and Barron young rds. Plus 2 vets.
Mailloux is def not in play to only move up 2spot. Guess we aren't good trading partner

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If you think Marner is a crap asset than all the power to ya. If you're lucky the 3rd OA will become 75% of the player he is.

But anyway I'm done wasting my time. I know it's popular to hate on and troll everything Leafs on the mains.
Based on your first few posts in this thread, I just assumed you had a humiliation fetish or something

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Now that the lottery is complete, what are Anaheims trade options with this pick? I think there is an urgency to start getting better next season
I doubt they trade it. Good chance Demidov is there. They choice of Buium, Silayev or Dickinson. I'm guessing but Black Hawks probably take Levshunov. They don't have a right shot D in their system and he is a good one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad