Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@ the Onana talk,

He has definitely been the best of the bunch and has been fine lately, but mates, he's allowed so many errors this season that Karius is probably fuming with him trying to break Loris's single record for individual errors in a season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He’s had a couple bad passes and gave up the stupid pen (like the one he should have given up against Wolves), but the vast majority of his mistakes were in continental games and not in the league.

He’s been near the top 3-5 in terms of saves above expected this year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Onana is the only reason United are in 8th and not, like, 15th. To single him out as a "disaster" is to admit that your takes on football come from Twitter rather than from watching games.
tbf, he was a disaster in Europe, and he's been rougher the last few weeks. But he definitely hasn't been a disaster across the whole EPL season.

The question is how much did the European failures lead to low morale or whatever.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It's incredible how much ETH whines about the roster he has and compares it to previous managers despite having spent roughly 70 billion dollars since he took over.
When does he do his pre-Arsenal match press conference? It's going to be an all-time great one with him bouncing back and forth between excuses about the squad and the "missed calls" from MW4 in September.

I think the most funny is the best Ajax players wound up with David Moyes at West Ham
Timber is at Arsenal, not West Ham ;)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When does he do his pre-Arsenal match press conference? It's going to be an all-time great one with him bouncing back and forth between excuses about the squad and the "missed calls" from MW4 in September.

Timber is at Arsenal, not West Ham ;)
can Timber play a game first please

• Haha
Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
can Timber play a game first please
1715131726263.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, I am not sure why people are giving Onana a pass, true most of the bad mistakes happened in Europe, but it is still part of the entire season and he's one of the reasons why they didn't make it through, even to the Europa stage in a very manageable group.

Not an exhibition game
At least we can beat City.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not when it matters :dunno:

You're Dortmund without the success.
You know, City winning the league again if preferable to me because every Arsenal fan thinks like this. They say this like their best win over City wasn’t when Rodri and KDB were out. Going to hear how great Arsenal is that they could beat a much worse version of City without having to go over 90 points to do so. At least we have that 6th UCL. The internet is great.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You know, City winning the league again if preferable to me because every Arsenal fan thinks like this. They say this like their best win over City wasn’t when Rodri and KDB were out. Going to hear how great Arsenal is that they could beat a much worse version of City without having to go over 90 points to do so. At least we have that 6th UCL. The internet is great.
The only time you’ve beat city on a season they barely had 80 points. Yawn.

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The only time you’ve beat city on a season they barely had 80 points. Yawn.
That’s fine. I will just never not be annoyed at finishing second with 97 (and 92) points, and then another team gets to win with less than 90 because the bar is lower. Which is just how sports work, but Doesn’t mean I have to like it though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That’s fine. I will just never not be annoyed at finishing second with 97 (and 92) points, and then another team gets to win with less than 90 because the bar is lower. Which is just how sports work, but Doesn’t mean I have to like it though.

Aka the reason Klopp's BVB is seen as a success and Tuchel's Dortmund a failure.

Reactions: Savant

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
According to Sport Bild, Real have better chances at wooing Wirtz than Bayern next summer...although what that actually means when we're more than a year away and Bayern haven't even replaced Tuchel yet, is hard to say.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
According to Sport Bild, Real have better chances at wooing Wirtz than Bayern next summer...although what that actually means when we're more than a year away and Bayern haven't even replaced Tuchel yet, is hard to say.

Why do they have better chances? They already have Bellingham, Vini, about to sign Mbappe. Doesn't seem to make sense for Wirtz to move there. Which position would he play?

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why do they have better chances? They already have Bellingham, Vini, about to sign Mbappe. Doesn't seem to make sense for Wirtz to move there. Which position would he play?

Would have to ask Sport Bild's source...if there is one...but I don't see why they couldn't play all 4 of them together. Whether with Jude or Flo as a false 9; with Flo playing on the wing; or with Flo & Jude as dual 10s behind a Mbappe-Vini forward partnership.

Same way Sane - Kane/Tel - Musiala wouldn't block Flo if he went to FC Hollywood instead :dunno:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Take this with a huge grain of salt; sure it's L'Equipe, but it's Nabil Djellit, who is of Algerian descent

Honestly... with the new administration back in charge... I would expect Liverpool to go around the world and buy a bunch of upside guys to add to the stable.

Klopp wasn't always ANTI that, but the last few years, we've seen a bit closer to finished products. Hughes / Edwards are gonna be in for future.

Reactions: Power Man

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

I know it's just rumbling stuff. But how can they spend? I guess they're really going to sell anyone that qualifies as HG for as much as they can get.

On the Darwin stuff, I would think Liverpool have to break even if they consider it. Even if that's a loan fee, and then an option to buy, that might be the route they went.

I think the player would likely seek a move, especially with a new manager coming in and his playing time likely up in the air. But the issue will be who has money to buy him. I don't think Barca can figure out the financials unless Liverpool are willing to wait or take a bath on the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad