GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Needless..
What is it suppose to accomplish?

It was a response.
It was needless but fun!

Honestly never been so provoked by any group on social media like these guys. Shows I need to back off. Still glad I posted though!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sure, that's ur opinion.. I personally would take Carrick over half the guys in our bottom 6 including a healthy Henrique and wonderboy Holloway.
Perry, McLeod and Ryan aren't much of upgraded either. Flip of coin really.
What are you seeing in Carrick that you like so much?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I really liked Henrique in the playoffs before he got hurt. An injury isn’t Hollands fault.
I thought he was pretty pedestrian. Don't get me wrong, he was ok, but he was just sort of "there". You'd hope to get more out of a 1st round pick add, I expected more offense from him but he really hasn't gotten many scoring chances even.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Ya they’re crying about reffing that’s arguably gone in their favour overall. Give them something to actually cry about
At some point the crazy refs will throw a curveball.

Oh you’re complaining about reffing? Watch they’ll call the game super clean and we’ll get 3-4 PPs. What do you want Nucks? Should they call everything? Call the embellishment? Or maybe they call nothing? Are the Nucks gonna be tough enough for no holds barred playoff hockey?

Idk. Id rather they focus on crying about things they can’t control and lose focus on the things they can control. We’ve got home ice now, just take it one shift at a time and chip away at these babies

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Then don't.

The boys are headed home with a split and now we have home-ice. This is the best time of year as a hockey fan. At least pretend to enjoy it.

I usually agree - quit bitching and enjoy the show! But it's a relevant comment. Agree though should discuss at other time

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
So.... Henrique out and pretty invisible when he's in, Stecher and Carrick scratched again. A 1st+4th for virtually nothing, not to mention that the offseason and in season additions of Brown and Perry providing nothing in the playoffs. I hate to complain on the Gameday of a 1-1 series but....man did Holland drop the ball in this "all in" season. It's pretty much the Edmonton McDrais AGAIN.

Oh and Happy Mother's day to all the mothers in HFOil's lives or any posting here.
I agree and it sucks we have no one that can help again. But I mean it is what it is.

We saw the ultimate ride or die last game with Leon and Connor hugging at the end. They're going to will this team even if it was 15 beer leaguers.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Game 1 was unbearable the next day because all of the canucks fans were happy. Game 2 much better. Need more of that.
Jets fan turned Oilers bandwagoner? Good to see. Don’t know why more Jets fans wouldn’t jump on board.

Wins the draws , PKs but so do others.
What sets him apart is that he isn't a pansy like the rest of them and is willing to muck it up.
Fair enough. So you want his physicality in the line up.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Please keep Nurse/Ceci together. It's a great pairing. One of the best in the league and certainly not a huge liability every time they step onto the ice.
Sure, keep it together but give Kulak-Desharnais pairing equal if not more minutes.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Sorry, I'm allowed to complain if I want to because it's a valid complaint. You don't have to agree but I'm allowed to post it.
Holland screwed up and I'm going to call him out on it, did nothing to improve this roster last offseason and in season. The team is still almost completely dependent on 2 players, they dragged this corpse to the finish line in Game 2.

I wish the top players had more support but they haven't gotten any and that's on the GM, I hope like hell that they can overcome it and I'll be cheering like mad tonight but it doesn't make me wrong about the lack of roster depth. Henrique being out and being pretty invisible when in just brought it to light for me.
Obviously I'm not actually dictating what you or anyone else can / can't post about.

I just find it grating and unnecessarily negative to read on game day.

But go ahead; post whatever you want.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
With Tanev I'd like our chances against anyone. As is, I think we'll beat Vancouver... teams like Dal/Col/FLA I can only hope.
I agree.
The 3rd round is when you meet the truly elite teams and (comparing rosters with Dallas, NYR and Florida for example) I just dont think that the Oilers can match them. Especially on defence and in net.

So unless there is some serious luck involved (which can and does happen) I dont see this team as it exists right now being good enough to win it all.
My biggest concern is the defence...from players 1 through 7 I just dont see it as Stanley Cup calibre.
Same could be said of the goaltending.

We shall see how it plays out though...there is always hope when you have the best line in hockey.
Beating Vancouver in 6 would be very satisfying.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Brown and Janmark will get the job done bottom six. Both have strong defensive prowess.

Key concerns right now bottom six are Perry Ryan and Mcleod. None of them are strong defensively and are not chipping in offensively.

Honeslty wish we'd go 11 7 to get stretcher in and not have to roll ceci so much. He's truly awful.
Agreed
I expected a much better playoffs from McLeod

Reactions: elmeroil and Ibanez

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Obviously I'm not actually dictating what you or anyone else can / can't post about.

I just find it grating and unnecessarily negative to read on game day.

But go ahead; post whatever you want.
Get on with the bashing program boy. Holland should have added Walker+ Guentzel + Tarasenko for the 800K capspace he had.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I'd ride McDrai on topline at home until Nucks figure a way to try to stop it which I don't think they can. Look at the Nucks lines and see what we could get in line matching. That team is paper thin. They got Boeser and Miller on topline and thats it. Mcleod line has been handling that. Get to get McDrai out against any of the other weak Nucks lines. Look at the Nucks 2nd and 4th lines. lol

Oilers should be able to take both home games. Hopefully Skinner resembles a starting goalie this time. I keep hoping.
Agreed. That Petterson Höglander line doesn't scare me at all. Though I could maybe see Lindholm and Garland causing some problems if they get favourable match-ups. Thankfully we've got home-ice and Knob actually line matches. That was one of the most frustrating things about MacLellan and also Tipp to an extent. Both coaches would just "roll the lines" way too often IMO.

Honestly, I'm ok if our 2nd and 3rd lines can just get a saw-off. Let Drai / McDavid and the PP collect on offense.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Here’s some press clippings for Nurse-Ceci that are not so nice. Hope they read it and realize they need to be better.

The Ceci-Nurse pairing came together back in 2022 more or less of necessity, as none of the blueliners other 6 could be counted on to play vs. elites.

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Barrie
Keith-Bouchard

They never looked that good together, but they kept their head above water (at least statistically) while facing an endless onslot of elites.

Since then, the Oil have had a borderline unhealthy obsession to try and make this pairing a thing. That, despite overwhelming evidence that they struggle to contain elite opposition, can't move the needle offensively, and might be the worst pairing in transition (in both directions) in the league.

The Oil have caught a massive break with Kulak-Vinny stepping up, but they need to take advantage of that and focus on fixing the Nurse pairing vs. continuing to ram a square peg into a round hole.

They've got 2 legit options sitting in the pressbox, so there are no excuses.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Vinny
Nurse-Stecher / Broberg-Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad