Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
As i posted earlier. Spitfires have picks #22 and #24. There's always a few players ranked to be 1st round picks that dip , good chance to get one of those guys with the 2nd picks.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yes that's the way I see it.
Also they NB's 3rd which is 57th ,as well as Niagara's 4th which will be 63rd
They also have Missy 's 4th and Gue's 4th both in the mid 70's.
That's 7 picks in the 1st 75 or so players to be chosen big difference from last yrs 1 pick for the 1st 4 rounds.
Bowler created that problem only 1 pick in 4 rounds..

Reactions: OHL 17

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'm sure that the first pick is someone Bowler talks to and will report. Hate to see 2nd time 1st round overall pick in Spits history and not report.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Doesn't look like it's in round 1.

London's comp pick will be #22,1st selection to start the 2nd round,then Windsor at 23 Niagara's former pick,Brantford at 24 formerly Windsor's pick,then Windsor at 25th which would have been Peterborough's.

Reactions: Cherrydon

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Is Belchetz a winger and Valentini a centre?
I understand that usually you want to build around a centre, but there’s something about having a big monster, especially if he has high end skill, that gets people buzzing.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
3 picks in the Top 25? U18 #1 Pick? #3 in the Import Draft?

Well there’s likely 5 guys that crack the roster next year, 4 being 08’s. The U18 draft would be an 06? (Am I mathing right? Lol)

F:
Greentree, Abraham, Spellacy, Davis, #1 Pick, Nesbitt.

D:
Woodall, Christoforo, Walton, Eichler

G: Costanzo

We need to fill 6 forwards, 2 D and a BUG.

We have 4 picks (2 high 2nds, an 18U, and an import) to fill half of the 8 open spots. This doesn’t account for hanging onto any OAs aside from Abraham, filling 2 of the final 4 spots with OAs.
Leaving two roster spots to acquire by trade, current prospects, or opportunities for guys like Martin/Greenwell/Hjelholt/Winegard to crack the roster.

Provided we part ways with Outwater and we use a backup that’s already in the system/don’t draft a goalie that we plan to bring on immediately

Reactions: hullsy47 and OHL 17

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I think they're 07s? Hjelholt was their 1st U18 last season and he's an 06.
Even better, that would make sense if it’s the under 18 draft.

While it worked in our favor, I still think live feels more fair.

Niagara has made the league look bad and they’ve been punished, but 3 consecutive bottom 4 finishes and only one pick in the top 3? That’s rough.

The league doesn’t hate windsor. We’re not the Golden Knights.. but we have good attendance consistently (even this year) and haven’t had any real bad stories come out.
A mismanaged season with a poor record doesn’t give the league a bad rep. Poor Niagara

Reactions: OHLTG

spits

Jul 24, 2013

Well there’s likely 5 guys that crack the roster next year, 4 being 08’s. The U18 draft would be an 06? (Am I mathing right? Lol)

F:

D:

We have 4 picks (2 high 2nds, an 18U, and an import) to fill half of the 8 open spots. This doesn’t account for hanging onto any OAs aside from Abraham, filling 2 of the final 4 spots with OAs.
Leaving two roster spots to acquire by trade, current prospects, or opportunities for guys like Martin/Greenwell/Hjelholt/Winegard to crack the roster.

Provided we part ways with Outwater and we use a backup that’s already in the system/don’t draft a goalie that we plan to bring on immediately
Outwater will be on the team next year. They spent a decent amount to acquire him. He was playing better before the injury.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The league doesn’t hate windsor. We’re not the Golden Knights.. but we have good attendance consistently (even this year) and haven’t had any real bad stories come out.
A mismanaged season with a poor record doesn’t give the league a bad rep. Poor Niagara

It's funny you mention the league and hating Windsor. On FB tonight, I'm reading "Branch hates Windsor." or "Branch hates (insert club here)." Is there a team where the fans haven't said that yet?

That said, I agree with your comment about the live. IF there's a way to do it, maybe they should look into it... for optics sake, if nothing else. I don't care if Windsor is involved or not.

BTW, Outwater was in Windsor for the final home game. I don't know how long he's been here, or when/if he's headed home, but... that's what I saw.

BTW #2 - I noticed the OHL has already compared Belchetz to Greentree (on Twitter).

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Should be fun to see the #1 & #2 picks going at it every year the next few seasons! Maybe can ignite a little rivalry between our clubs.

Who u guys thinking your brass would lean? Could form one helluva big team adding Belchetz. Or does all that size need some skill with Wassilyn or Valentini?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

F:

D:

Need a complete new coaching staff that knows what they r doing. No cheap..

Reactions: OHL 17

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
We need to pick the best creative high IQ playmaker, regardless of size. We have big power forwards. Outside of Abraham expected as a OA we do not have much playmaking players needed to feed our big forwards. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
We need to pick the best creative high IQ playmaker, regardless of size. We have big power forwards. Outside of Abraham expected as a OA we do not have much playmaking players needed to feed our big forwards. Just my 2 cents.
Valentini is exactly that, but is only 5’11. Wassilyn is a mix of skill and size at 6’2” but i see him as more of a shooter and although Belchetz is 6’5” he does have skill, and playmaking ability, he’s not Ethan Miedema, he plays with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad