Proposal: Wild/Bold Islanders Hockey trade this Offseason - What's Yours?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nelson and Boldy showing some nice chemistry at the Worlds.

Hopefully Guerin is watching so we can trade him to Minnesota for a king’s ransom. :naughty:

Pelech I'd mainly want traded since he got one to many hits to the noggin
He’s also just not that good anymore…or at the very least was better fit for Trotz’s system and does not seem like a good fit for Roy’s system.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Wahlstrom’s rights to that new 3v3 league they keep pushing for future considerations.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Blow it all up. Give up all thoughts of winning a cup next year because it just isn't happening with this crew
Sounds like a plan, but teams just don't do this. I mean when has a team actually ever blown it up after losing in the playoffs? I don't think I've ever seen that happen...ever.

The defeatist in me would definitely move Nelson for the best possible package of drafts and prosects if given an opportunity, but with LL at the helm it's silly for me to even wish for that. This offseason is going to more of the same:
1. Pretend to be in on every coveted free agent
2. End up with a 3rd/4th line player signed long term for low salary.
3. Lots of Lou quotes about having time and see what we can add come the trade deadline 2025.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I would hold onto Dobson at all costs and def not for Zegras. I would absolutely love to bring in Nylander or Marner if Toronto deems them tradable.
Marner would be interesting. he's kind of developed a reputation of being a playoff ghost, but could likely be the suffocating pressure of playing in toronto and the failures must be in their heads at this point. a fresh start here with less attention and scrutiny its possible he flourishes.

I can see the headline now:

"It is an absolute shame Mitch Marner was toiling away in Toronto for so many years. He's finally unleashed and it's quite something."

• Haha
Reactions: leeroggy

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Marner would be interesting. he's kind of developed a reputation of being a playoff ghost, but could likely be the suffocating pressure of playing in toronto and the failures must be in their heads at this point. a fresh start here with less attention and scrutiny its possible he flourishes.

I can see the headline now:

"It is an absolute shame Mitch Marner was toiling away in Toronto for so many years. He's finally unleashed and it's quite something."
FWIW, Marner has 50 points in 57 career playoff games. Not so bad.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Compared to our guy who has 45 points in 60 career games :sarcasm:

2 Playoff OTW though...
Marner is also a RW who can handle the puck-carrying, zone entry work that you typically think of for a C. So, he'd be a good match with a shooting C like Horvat or Nelson. Or would free up Barzal to move to C. Just playing around, but I think he'd be a good fit.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Barzal: 60GP/17G/25A/45P/+2
Marner: 57GP/11G/39A/50P/+10

Either they’re both “horrible” or Marner is not.
I’m convinced that horrible in the playoffs = he doesn’t check 99.9% of his shifts according to social media.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Barzal: 60GP/17G/25A/45P/+2
Marner: 57GP/11G/39A/50P/+10

Either they’re both “horrible” or Marner is not.
Not saying Brazal is a world beater, but can we acknowledge the fact Marner is playing with All-stars where Brazal is playing with 3rd and 4th liners for the most part

Reactions: mm11

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Marner is also a RW who can handle the puck-carrying, zone entry work that you typically think of for a C. So, he'd be a good match with a shooting C like Horvat or Nelson. Or would free up Barzal to move to C. Just playing around, but I think he'd be a good fit.

Marner would be a great addition. Especially if the price isn’t sky high. This team needs speed and talent, he fits perfectly. The PP would be improved as well. Players of Marners ilk are seldom available.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Marner would be a great addition. Especially if the price isn’t sky high. This team needs speed and talent, he fits perfectly. The PP would be improved as well. Players of Marners ilk are seldom available.

Marner wore Josie and the p***ycat pajamas

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Marner wore Josie and the p***ycat pajamas

The entire Leafs team was the same way. Marner just happens to be the fall guy. He doesn’t have to be a leader on this team. The isles have plenty of grit and desperately lack speed and skill, Marner brings that. Marner is a 100 point player, if there’s any way to bring him here for a fair or even below market value you do it. Marner transforms the dynamic of the offense.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Marner is horrible come playoff time.
Marner puts up the highest points per game rate out of any Leafs player over the last few seasons, even better than Matthews, Nylander, and Tavares. He’s being scapegoated by Leaf fans who are at a loss for why they can’t find success in the playoffs because they don’t want to call out the golden boys of Matthews and Tavares and Nylander is someone who is performing as he should.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad