When does ROD start getting criticized?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I see Brindamour getting plenty of criticism. Main one being he cant adjust from his system or plan. Based on how they have lost 4 of the 5 series and how this one and the last Rangers series went, seems like people have a point. Teams create a recipe, it works, they stick with it and the series is over quick.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
IMG_6388.png

paragon

May 5, 2010
Hurricanes had the 2nd best PP in the regular season, but are 0 for 15 against Rangers and even allowed a SH last game. If the PP was putting even mediocre numbers Hurricanes might be leading the series. Or if Andersen had played just a bit better.

I don't think there's anything to fix. Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way. It's hard to win and even great teams often lose in playoffs. If they manage to re-sign their key UFAs their window is still open.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
They'll piss him off and he'll leave after the Canes are eliminated and they tell him, "See, you're only worth this much because we were booted".

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Dundon is probably going to lowball the coaching staff. I don’t think he’ll view Brind’Amour as someone worth his ask after they lose to the Rangers, regardless of who’s fault it is.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Starting to remind me of a modern Bruce Boudreau, fantastic regular season coach whose team's don't break through in the post season

It seems to be the same thing again though for Carolina, just enough fire power up front
The difference IMO is that you would think that Rod's teams are built to compete in "play-off" type hockey whereas Bruce's were not.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Exactly. You don't hear Vegas players coming out of a Game 7 loss talking about feeling like Gods.

Tells you a lot about the mentalities at play.
Vegas did come out of a game 7 loss w/o taking any accountability either when they lost to the Sharks. Didn't matter because they won the Cup after a few years. Even with a mentality that isn't exactly ideal, you can still turn it around and win in this league. There is more than one answer to these sorts of things. Babcock isn't a fit for a winning club anymore. Keefe may not be either.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Not Rod's fault his GM can't find him decent goaltending. 34 years old Andersen who plays 1/3 of a season each year isn't the answer.

.899% in the playoffs isn't acceptable. Carolina should be up 3-0 instead of down 0-3

Reactions: Negan4Coach

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Not Rod's fault his GM can't find him decent goaltending. 34 years old Andersen who plays 1/3 of a season each year isn't the answer.

.899% in the playoffs isn't acceptable. Carolina should be up 3-0 instead of down 0-3
I don’t think the GM told Rod to play Andersen at the end of the day he still had Kochetkov.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Don’t coaches usually participate in discussions around personnel?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They're just the second step in the mortal Kombat climb. Leafs are first fight that no one ever loses at. Then it's the canes, automatic bye to conference finals.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Every game has been a 1 goal game this series. Technically Canes could be up 3-0rn if their pp did anything.

Gotta sort that out. How much blame do you put on him for that?
Is that similar to his comment about not getting swept when I'm fact they just got swept? Good times

Also, lots of comments about Igor. If you read the original post I'm referring to his entire tenure, not just this series

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I like Brindamor’s philosophy on how to play, but it’s starting to feel Boudreau-esque how he simply fails to match adjustments over the course of series.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Amazing to me how some teams just absolutely "self-deleted" their seasons by losing the special teams battles. Kings were something like -10 in the special teams battle vs. the Oilers, and the Canes are getting torched by Rangers. If the special teams battle was anywhere close to even - those series are completely different.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Igor shesterkin pitching a 0.960 lmao
Every year a goalie has number like this vs them because Carolina's game plan focuses on low danger point shots and stuff from the perimeter. It's almost entirely empty calories. Bob last year was similar, ridiculous looking numbers, but it wasn't really that tough of a workload in terms of dangerous scoring chances.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Every year a goalie has number like this vs them because Carolina's game plan focuses on low danger point shots and stuff from the perimeter. It's almost entirely empty calories. Bob last year was similar, ridiculous looking numbers, but it wasn't really that tough of a workload in terms of dangerous scoring chances.
Is that really the case?

They took a f***ton of shots in the slot.

They just got Goalie'd.
Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to a goalie this good.
1715363089732.png

Reactions: Crow

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Is that really the case?

They took a f***ton of shots in the slot.

They just got Goalie'd.
Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to a goalie this good.
View attachment 868381
People will continue to say Carolina takes a lot of low danger shots which is true, but they ignore that they also take high danger shots too. It’s a very short-sighted view.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why didn't the Islanders?
Why didn't the Devils?

Why, when McDavid or Makar play so well we go, "oh they are great players, that's what they do" but when goaltender does well we go "oh that's not actually the goaltender, the team they play is bad"?

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Why didn't the Islanders?
Why didn't the Devils?

Why, when McDavid or Makar play so well we go, "oh they are great players, that's what they do" but when goaltender does well we go "oh that's not actually the goaltender, the team they play is bad"?
I would go so far as to say, if Carolina had McDavid and Makar, they might have won last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad