Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
Draisaitl 29 min TOI, McDavid almost 30, Bouchard upward of 31. This is not sustainable. Even if they had won this one, they'd be in big trouble with numbers like those. And they didn't even win. The Oilers are toast. I hate to say it, but they're toast.

Obviously goaltending is the root problem, followed by lack of secondary scoring. If they can't get saves, and if they can't get goals from down the lineup, what else can they do but overplay their big guns.

Can they still win the series? Sure, although I wouldn't bet on it. The Cup? That's preposterous.

It just makes me sad.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I agree--it is only game 3. Here is the thing. Only takes 4 wins to win the series and Vancouver is at 2 and this series has been a lot tougher than the Oilers and oiler fans thought it would be. Vancouver has out played the oilers and Skinner is just sucking. Skinner save % that last 3 games? .733, .842 and .792. That is what should be concerning the Oiler faithful. You goalie is sucking and no team in the playoff can have a goalie with a save % under .900 and think they are going to win

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Yea I'm not really tracking your argument here. Are you saying McDavid should be winning even though his team is shit or are you saying that the organization failing spectacularly to build a team around him isn't a valid excuse?
Im saying it must be embarrassing to constantly defend a team that everyone can see is flawed from top to bottom. Oilers fans will sit here and look past every series but it’s the same shit year in and year out. How is it that Edmonton constantly signs shit contracts and has to scrape the barrel of bargains on shit?

No one is afraid of the oilers because they don’t play like a team. Everyone knows it’s just about McDrai and they’re a fragile team because of it. Group of individuals cosplaying as a contender that couldn’t find a goalie if their life depended on it. Maybe the Oilers can sign DeSmith next year and pray he remembers Ian Clarke’s tips for long enough.

The Canucks literally went from the biggest joke in the league after Arizona to actually contending in the space of one calendar year (all of Alvin’s major trades were in 2023). There’s literally no excuse why the oilers can’t put an actual team around Connor outside of their own nepotism. Oilers fans, please don’t waste your breath on explaining why hiring McDavid’s agent as a “Team CEO” isn’t nepotism, I won’t listen.

Reactions: JKG33 and quickfeet

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Anyone saying a slash deserves a stick used as a deadly weapon are sadly mistaken.
  • Any shot to neck, face, or head is dangerous and deadly.
  • Good chance we'd all be charged with assault if we did this, wouldn't we?
  • Kucherov back of neck crosscheck could've been deadly these playoffs.
  • McDavid's neck crosschecks tonight could've been deadly these playoffs.
  • There's plenty more examples throughout the yrs.
  • Suppose NHL, and some fans will need player(s) killed, before realizing a very simplistic lesson many already know.... A slashing isn't comparable to a stick to face, head, or neck
That's a little morbid

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Im saying it must be embarrassing to constantly defend a team that everyone can see is flawed from top to bottom. Oilers fans will sit here and look past every series but it’s the same shit year in and year out. How is it that Edmonton constantly signs shit contracts and has to scrape the barrel of bargains on shit?

No one is afraid of the oilers because they don’t play like a team. Everyone knows it’s just about McDrai and they’re a fragile team because of it. Group of individuals cosplaying as a contender that couldn’t find a goalie if their life depended on it. Maybe the Oilers can sign DeSmith next year and pray he remembers Ian Clarke’s tips for long enough.
They're probably pretty even on contract signings. It's maybe the only thing their head office has done remotely well in the McDavid era. Well, at least Holland. Chiarelli was abysmal. Campbell and Nurse are obviously awful but they have Draisaitl and Hyman on discounts and RNH on a reasonable deal.

Their main issue over the past 9 years has been drafting along with having almost certainly the worst goaltending coach in the league. This org had people pushing to draft Wyatt Johnston and they were ignored. I imagine he'd be providing some depth right now.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Yeah but the refs
They have a 50% PP they should be allowed to use it more because reasons!

Bro Canucks are out here raw dogging the second round with their third string goalie and Tyler Myers playing meaningful minutes. I don’t have time to listen to excuses of why the Oilers stacking their 1.5 lines of depth isn’t working, I have sacrifices to make to protect Silovs.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
They have a 50% PP they should be allowed to use it more because reasons!

Bro Canucks are out here raw dogging the second round with their third string goalie and Tyler Myers playing meaningful minutes. I don’t have time to listen to excuses of why the Oilers stacking their 1.5 lines of depth isn’t working, I have sacrifices to make to protect Silovs.
The league needs to have a separate rule book for McDavid and Draisaitl, they have to protect their stars! Only those two guys though!

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
They're probably pretty even on contract signings. It's maybe the only thing their head office has done remotely well in the McDavid era. Campbell and Nurse are obviously awful but they have Draisaitl and Hyman on discounts and RNH on a reasonable deal.

Their main issue over the past 9 years has been drafting along with having almost certainly the worst goaltending coach in the league. This org had people pushing to draft Wyatt Johnston and they were ignored. I imagine he'd be providing some depth right now.
I honestly am not trying to be a shit weed and believe it or not I’m pretty empathetic to Oilers fans because nothing is more ratchet than sitting through bad management. It just really pisses other fans off when there seems to be an inability for Oilers fans to have any modicum of respect for their opponents. The Canucks are bigger than the sum of their parts right now and that’s what coach has been talking about all year.

I’m sorry if my chirping got to be too much but can we please stop acting like the Canucks are some sort of garbage team? We could be hating Calgary right now smh

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Oilers don't have any guys that can stand up to Zadorov. I remember people saying how Kane and Perry were gonna be physical... well they are tiny compared to Big Z and Soucy. We also have a chaos Giraffe.

6'8
6'6
6'5

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Draisaitl 29 min TOI, McDavid almost 30, Bouchard upward of 31. This is not sustainable. Even if they had won this one, they'd be in big trouble with numbers like those. And they didn't even win. The Oilers are toast. I hate to say it, but they're toast.

Obviously goaltending is the root problem, followed by lack of secondary scoring. If they can't get saves, and if they can't get goals from down the lineup, what else can they do but overplay their big guns.

Can they still win the series? Sure, although I wouldn't bet on it. The Cup? That's preposterous.

It just makes me sad.
Vancouver is rolling with three lines vs the oilers more or less 2

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Oilers don't have any guys that can stand up to Zadorov. I remember people saying how Kane and Perry were gonna be physical... well they are tiny compared to Big Z and Soucy. We also have a chaos Giraffe.

6'8
6'6
6'5
I get what you’re saying but this is a really awkward comment when the likely Norris winner is like 5’5”*

*(5’9” I’m being hyperbolic)

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006

6'8
6'6
6'5
How dare you

Edmonton has the perfect roster

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Oilers literally acting like a bunch of spoiled brats crying and complaining to their mommies (refs) when shit doesnt go their way,
but when it's Hughes who got slewfooted and highsticked or Petterson who got boarded they need to toughen up and stop being a little princess because it's playoffs hockey.

Comical.
If you turned a blind eye last game you are not in a position to complain about this one.

That being said,
tension is sky high and the rivalry is brewing,
I absolutely love it.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I always like looking at TOI

Top 10 oilers from last night?
Bouchard 31:24 D
McDavid 29.42
Leon 29:04
Hyman 26:12
Ekholm 23:46 D
Hopkins 22:32
Nurse 18:03 D
Ceci 15:59 D
Kane 14:12
Kulak 13:30

VS Vancouver

Myers 22:56 D
Miller 21:50
Hughes 21:14 D
Boesser 20:52
Lindholm 20:22
Hronek 19:58 D
Zadorov 19:08 D
Soucy 17:48 D
Cole 16:32 D
Petterson 15:49

You have Vancouver Balance attack vs Edmonton's load up balance

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

It just makes me sad.
Oilers should hire Jukka Jalonen their next HC, he will give 16-18 mins of ice time to McDavid per game... his system divides ice time to all 4 lines.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Oilers really set on wasting mcdavid's entire prime because they can't find a half decent goalie or depth d. Shame. They'll never be a serious team until those issues are addressed. I'm sure their fans will keep loving and enjoying beating up the kings every year and think they're legit after doing that though.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Oilers really set on wasting mcdavid's entire prime because they can't find a half decent goalie or depth d. Shame. They'll never be a serious team until those issues are addressed. I'm sure their fans will keep loving and enjoying beating up the kings every year and think they're legit after doing that though.
they are wasting not one but two great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad