Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Shouldn’t come as a surprise - that was pretty vicious.

My opinion is Soucy was going for a cross check to the chest, but Zadorov coming in from behind knocked McDavid down and into the check making it delivered to his face.

I wouldn’t be stunned if Soucy got something here.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well that was just a joy. overjoyed to be able to repeat this comment.

And as I have said about 5 times this post season, there is a lot of puck luck involved. Lindholm's deflection going between the goalie's legs, vs 2 posts for the Oil.

Silovs really has been the difference. Look at the save % for the two teams goalies.

Damn I would love for us to take game 4.

Shouldn’t come as a surprise - that was pretty vicious.

My opinion is Soucy was going for a cross check to the chest, but Zadorov coming in from behind knocked McDavid down and into the check making it delivered to his face.

I wouldn’t be stunned if Soucy got something here.
well then there should be something for McD's pretty vicious slash as well.

• Love
Reactions: nucks88 and Indiana

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I can't help myself I have to repost mine from yesterday;
Canucks have a good game tonight.
The pressure is all on Edmonton to dominate.

I think they chase Skinner out of the net. 5 goals on 14 shots in the first 30 minutes.

Lafferty has a big game. The Oilers attack Zadorov and the refs let the boys play.
They need Miller to erupt soon.

I waited to post about the game results, I had to sober up a bit ;)
That first shift, WOW, who knew Lindholm could hit like that, or would.

Tocchet keeps going bigger and it is working. That is So odd in Vancouver.
Pettersson is probably doing lots of good things out there but the bad seem to shine brighter, he is a shadow of the player he was just 5 months ago. Maybe he is one of these players that the big contract affects negatively.

Cole continues to be mediocre, Hronek played much better, Myers and Soucy stepped it up quite a bit physically and Zadorov was ....Zadorov. Hughes did a better job of not panicking.

But I just don't see how playing dump and pray will keep winning. It is working because the Oilers have become so much of a one line team and two defence. That Nurse contract is killing them.

The Canucks broke Skinner.

The Oilers haven't actually put the puck in the net 4 times in a game without deflections, Cole has 2 at least.

Canucks are resembling the old Devils a lot now.

Back in February I was dissing on Tocchet and one thought I posted he might be doing is getting the system to play Devil hockey, changing it for the playoffs.

I still think Boeser needs to be traded BUT man he has been one player that has really taken 3, THREE steps up for the playoffs, he still needs a little more nastiness though and at over 200 lbs knocking people down, still another GREAT game for him.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

And then the Canucks put the real nuclear hit threat on the ice, Juulsen. He may get caught out of position more often but next to Zadorov he hits like a tank. Early and often.
If the league does look at it Zadorov will be sentenced IMO, the league likes a passive game and Big Z is stirring the pot

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Craig Button at TSN is jumping on the 'suspend Soucy' bandwagon. It would the a shock now if he didn't get something. A substantial fine is probably the best you can hope for.

If was anyone else but McJesus, he might have gotten away with it. Well, I guess it'll be the 'next man up', which is Juulsen......which means another game for Ian Cole unfortunately. He needs to sit down for a game.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Sometimes you win ugly. Real ugly.

Playoff time you need players to step up to get the W. This was the first time in 9 games that the goaltending did just that. Amazing to me how Silovs all of a sudden just seemed to relax and stop pucks halfway through the game.

Soucy cross check. That wasn’t even the bad cross check. Had zadorov not destroyed McDavid with his cross check causing McDavid to fall the Soucy one is in the chest. Perhaps is McDavid doesn’t want to get targeted he should not be getting into a slashing battle after the game.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'd be surprised if Soucy got more than a fine. It's obvious the crosscheck was going to the chest if Zaddy didn't crosscheck from behind (lol).

McDavid wasn't hurt and I doubt the league wants to get involved here.

That said I don't blame Oil fans for being upset about it because if the same thing happened to Hughes, for example, we'd be pissed too.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I would be surprised if Soucy gets suspended.

Too many mitigating factors: McDavid provokes with the two-handed slash. Zadorov and Soucy simultaneously took offense to that in such a way that caused McDavid to fall into the cross-check. Unfortunate circumstances but hardly the head-hunting that some Oilers are making it out to be.

Feels like a fine at most, but there wasn’t the premeditation or targeting of the head that would typically cause a suspension.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I have a bad feeling the league is gonna f*** us and suspend soucy or zads
both, you watch.
But Bennett's cheap shot on Marchand.

Quite likely other team's get a fine but Van gets two suspensions.

And then the Oiler writers will say that is a normal call in the playoffs.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No supplementary discipline on the Hoglander nut attack or Marchand head punch. I’d be surprised if Soucy gets something, but it’s McDavid so maybe.

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
Sucy's cross-check wasn't even high. Unfortunately, McD's instinct to draw a penalty took over even though the game had ended. He instinctively dove when he felt a slight push from behind, resulting in a cross-check to the jaw.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The Canucks have made the Cardinal Sin that other Canucks team have made while on a Cup run; allowing the league office to control the outcome of a series.

Sincerely,

Aaron Rome

Reactions: theguardianII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad