GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Game 2: Knoblauch inserts a less than healthy Henrique and Draisaitl

Game 3: Tocchet plays Karlsson and Aman

Lol is Podkozin dead to this organization?

• Haha
Reactions: David71

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Colour me surprised that Karlsson is going in on Petey’s wing. He had a great AHL season, but didn’t do much more than tread water at the NHL level.

Aman for PDG seems like shuffling deck chairs a bit. More guys who can take faceoffs aren’t bad - Aman likely adds a bit more speed, but we lose a bit of grit with PDG out.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Ive been pretty upset that Dries has been snubbed this year. I friggin loved his last years preseason and thought he did did well during his time with us that season as well

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ive been pretty upset that Dries has been snubbed this year. I friggin loved his last years preseason and thought he did did well during his time with us that season as well

I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t been utilized at all either. He was serviceable at the NHL level last season, too.

Reactions: Kryten

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Tochett is really grasping for straws starting Karlsson and Aman. I would demote players to the 4th line before I started bringing in AHL plugs into the playoffs.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Aman has taken a few stupid penalties this season and I'm hoping I don't see that tonight.

Karlsson on Pettersson's wing seems very stupid, but Mikheyev hasn't been able to finish anything and I'm not sure what the issue with Hoglander is - him and Garland were board play hounds, and I've only seen it from Garland this playoffs. I guess Karlsson was 0.5 GPG in the SHL so maybe there's something there.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This team needs more speed, not less.

Aman has average wheels but his acceleration sucks. Karlsson is slow as f***.

That 4th line is going to get vultured by McDrai.

Writing is on the wall for Podkolzin.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
good for karlsson for getting a shot at the nhl playoffs but this team needed to invest in some depth. cole sticking in the lineup is another example

Reactions: David71

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Really don’t get why Podz can’t get in

This team needs more speed, not less.

Aman has average wheels but his acceleration sucks. Karlsson is slow as f***.

That 4th line is going to get vultured by McDrai.

Writing is on the wall for Podkolzin.
They just re signed podz lol

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't get the obsession with putting podkolzin in the lineup. he had 2 assists in 19 games in the nhl and was pretty unimpressive in the ahl. i don't think karlsson is the answer either but at least he had a strong ahl season. dries should probably be the guy getting inserted in the lineup tho

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Really don’t get why Podz can’t get in

They just re signed podz lol
They re-signed Kuzmenko and the writing was already on the wall 2 months into the season.

i don't get the obsession with putting podkolzin in the lineup. he had 2 assists in 19 games in the nhl and was pretty unimpressive in the ahl. i don't think karlsson is the answer either but at least he had a strong ahl season. dries should probably be the guy getting inserted in the lineup thoà

Misskeyev has been just as bad offensively but gets unlimited looks and opportunities. Podkolzin can be physical and at least semi reliable in retrieving pucks.

Team really needs speed to take advantage of the Oilers blueline and Karlsson moves like a tanker on the ice.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Ya I’m confused why Podkolzin wouldn’t go in the lineup ahead or Karlsson. Atleast we know Podkolzin will bring a physical element if he doesn’t score.

Karlsson, not sure what he does.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
They keep targeting hughes.
On top of getting hughes off his game, I I think oilers want canucks to retaliate back on their captain Mcdavid knowing refs will call some penalties if mcdavid gets hit in anyway ( ie suter penalty on mcdavid) and hope they get some powerplays out of it.

Oilers at least know to play to their advantage. Canucks need to be smarter in game 3

Anyways canucks must win game 3 and dont give edmonton full momentum. Win game 3 and split is already in the card but has a chance to go back home up 3-1 if they win game 4 as well

there was that one scrum after the puck over the glass where soucy and srai got offsetting minors where myers had a hand on mcdavid and basically was like, you f***ers better cut it out or i am killing mcjesus

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Colour me surprised that Karlsson is going in on Petey’s wing. He had a great AHL season, but didn’t do much more than tread water at the NHL level.

Aman for PDG seems like shuffling deck chairs a bit. More guys who can take faceoffs aren’t bad - Aman likely adds a bit more speed, but we lose a bit of grit with PDG out.
Curious about Karlsson, I thought he is too slow for this level and the playoffs are even faster.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Karlsson on top line?

Uh should...I be concerned???
images

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Karlsson is an interesting choice. He doesn’t have any explosive skills but he’s really good along the boards and had a dangerous shot. He’s also in not afraid to get to the net and take punishment. Lacks speed, although hasn’t looked slow in the NHL.

I can see the idea that their forecheck has wained and Karlsson brings that with some finishing skill. Hoglander isn’t actually very fast, is losing every board battle, and isn’t getting himself into scoring position. He found a way to adjust his game and be very productive in the AHL so maybe some of that will translate when put with Pettersson.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Curious about Karlsson, I thought he is too slow for this level and the playoffs are even faster.

In fairness - Hoglander and Mikheyev have done virtually nothing. For better or for worse, Karlsson was the top offensive guy in Abby. Giving him a shot with Petey makes a bit of sense.

But I’m surprised Podkolzin isn’t in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad