HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Wow so nothing changed in standing, that's not fun for the pessimistic crowd. Probably still believe that we're going to end up drafting 15th thanks to Colin White scoring 4 hat tricks every game and the 14 players drafted ahead of us end up being HOFers.

Sorry buddy, I had to, it was set up too perfectly.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Anyone have a guess how high they can move up in exchange for the Calgary 1st + Winnipeg 1st?

Their own top 10 pick and maybe another in the range of 13-17?

Lindstrom, Catton or Parekh and Iginla would be awesome....

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I thought if both Calgary and Florida's pick are outside the top 10 in 2025 we get the better pick?

I could see a world where Calgarys pick is in the early teens next year.

Yeah if both are out in top 10, (imagine 11), Habs will receive the best between 2, so 11.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just need to dump Carolina for the sweep. :sarcasm:

This is the time of year to stay away from Bet 99 like I said. :help:

It was going perfectly until this week.. we need Carolina to hand us a phat L and then send us spiralling for the remainder of the year.

I thought if both Calgary and Florida's pick are outside the top 10 in 2025 we get the better pick?

I could see a world where Calgarys pick is in the early teens next year.

They're terrible and I don't think they will be adding much to that terrible roster to get themselves out of bottom 10.

Reactions: Rozz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was going perfectly until this week.. we need Carolina to hand us a phat L and then send us spiralling for the remainder of the year.

They're terrible and I don't think they will be adding much to that terrible roster to get themselves out of bottom 10.
I can see the first part happening but I don't think spiralling is in our vocabulary any longer. :laugh:
When I think about it two wins more at this time would have had us at .500 which was where I thought we could be with a healthy Dach.
I called us at 74 points but 76 isn't out of the question.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can see the first part happening but I don't think spiralling is in our vocabulary any longer. :laugh:
When I think about it two wins more at this time would have had us at .500 which was where I thought we could be with a healthy Dach.
I called us at 74 points but 76 isn't out of the question.

5 tough games coming up.. if we can get beat in those, before hitting the final 5 game stretch against a Detroit team hopefully fighting for the playoffs, we might be able to go 3-7-0 to finish. That should be good enough to keep us around where we are now.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I thought it was gonna end up being Flas pick? super late 1st

I do not have the brain power to figure out all those conditions.....

I thought there was a scenario where we bypassed the Florida pick if Flames were bad for enough consecutive years ? I might be totally wrong tho.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They won’t trade Calgary 1st. It’s gold.
I see it the other way. I think it's an ideal trade chip.
Management may think it makes more sense to try and grab to top 10(ish) picks this year to fit our window.
This draft looks fairly deep for forwards with all those Dmen likely to go early.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Nah,not that, thx anyways.Was looking for a list made by credible professional, something like this:

We all know, that's the problem. :laugh:
What is the problem?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
5 tough games coming up.. if we can get beat in those, before hitting the final 5 game stretch against a Detroit team hopefully fighting for the playoffs, we might be able to go 3-7-0 to finish. That should be good enough to keep us around where we are now.
I doubt we go on a 5 game losing streak, but something like 1-3-1 is certainly a strong possibility.

I'm not too worried about the teams above us like Calgary, Buffalo, or Seattle. Calgary plays San Jose twice, Anaheim once, and Arizona once. Plenty of opportunities for them to pick up points, and the fact remains we've been pacing for 75ish points since virtually the start of the season, so that's very likely where we will end up which will keep us in that 5-7 range.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Zegras masterclass

2023-24Anaheim DucksNHL2243730-5

Yeah, so he got the holding on that play not Tanev. Then he gets a crosschecking, so 4 minutes on one play. Technically, they both should have gotten a hold. I'm not sure how it's Zegras on that one. Tanev obviously is holding his arm. I can understand Zegras' frustration here, but he's truly dumb anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad