The greatest Vancouver Canuck comebacks

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
Was that the game that Klatt scored a goal off of a skate? I think I watched that game in SF, it may have been the first time I saw a wall of flat screens showing hockey.

You might be right. I remember the 2nd goal being reviewed for a while in that game. It says in the box score that it was Klatt. And speaking of off a skate, who can forget the puck going off Van Massenhoven's skate right to Naslund in front of the net in the last minute?

Back in 1990, I was at a game against the Habs, where the Canucks were down 6-0 after the first, but clawed back to make it 6-5 before Montreal scored one more goal.

Last edited:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
By the sounds of it, this team is really overdue for a really spectacular come-from-behind win. Let's hope we see one this season.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
In-game: 2003 vs Wild Game 1. I think it was Cooke who scored the tying goal with 1.3 seconds left, and then Klatt won it in OT.

Series: 1994 vs Flames no doubt. Down 3-1 in the series, down 3-2 with 4 minutes left in Game 7, won the series.

More recently, there was the comeback from 3-1 down in the last 10 minutes to win in a shootout and break Detroit's home winning streak.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I watched this game in the Black Bear Pub in North Van. Full house to start, emptied at 3-0, everyone who stayed behind got a beer on the house when Malik capped off the comeback. Suffice to say that game sticks in my memory. :D

I watched the Colorado/Vancouver game where Naslund got hit by Moore, that led to "the incident" in that pub. I've never lived in Van, but was visiting a lot in those days (from Kelowna in college). I think we won that game 1-0 with a Cloutier shutout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad