Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
get.gif

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Long time coming, he was outclassed and outcoached every single year once the playoffs started.

That said, he'll probably still end up behind the bench of another team come October. :laugh:

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Anyways, Keefe is a good coach I think (he makes infuriating decisions sometimes, but every coach does). I think if he went to a smaller market he'd do well. He didn't handle the media very well and talked himself into corners/problems more then talk himself out of problems.

Reactions: Voight and BHD

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hahahahaha.

When Matthews doesn’t score, Marner does nothing again…fire the coach I guess.
Keefe has also had his warts while coaching the Leafs. Special teams is the big one. He's handcuffed regarding the offence when he has had such a poor defence regarding their offensive capabilities, and the stars have not pulled their weight. But he should've figured out something for the power play. Even teams that suck ass can usually do that if they try hard enough.

He's a good coach, and should receive another coaching job at some point. And he will probably have a pretty good career as an NHL coach.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
They should have moved on from him last summer, gave the core one last shot with a new coach. Then if they failed again, it's time for the players to move.

Now you're in a place where you've fired the coach, but can you really run it back with the same core again? I think they still need to shake it up. Move Marner, and see if somehow you can unload Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad