Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I am definitely not an Eiserman believer. I think we'll still have to add a top end winger at some point unless Musty becomes that, in which case we need more depth. But this lottery win gives us a shot at a legit core. Holy shit, how bonkers.

All hopes and prayers for me are on Yak, Iggy, or Sennecke dropping to 14OA or somehow trading up for Yak, specifically.
I am not too concerned about being able to acquire a high end winger at some point. Guys like Timo, Debrincat, Guentzel and others have all been traded recently. Go for the big swing at positions that you can't acquire in trade or free agency, draft a right handed defensemen at 14 instead.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I am definitely not an Eiserman believer. I think we'll still have to add a top end winger at some point unless Musty becomes that, in which case we need more depth. But this lottery win gives us a shot at a legit core. Holy shit, how bonkers.

All hopes and prayers for me are on Yak, Iggy, or Sennecke dropping to 14OA or somehow trading up for Yak, specifically.

I actually got a chance to watch Yak play vs. the vancouver giants on a trip to canada in jan.

He stood out in size and offensive prowess, but his defensive play was god awful. I was unimpressed overall even though he was obviously extremely present. He reminds me of a bigger kevin shattenkirk. Offensively talented and very aggressive, but ultimately iffy in his own zone.

Grinner

May 31, 2022

Seems more surefire to land a top winger at 14 than a 1st line defender

Jul 10, 2010

half hyperbole but Flames fans will riot if Iginlas there at 9 and they dont take him.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
This is the biggest summer in sharks history:

40M in cap space is a ton. That should be 6 very good players.

It's not fair to expect Mack/Smith/Anyone else (musty?) to be top liners. It is fair to expect middle six though.

The top 9 forwards is Granlund, Zetterlund, Eklund, Graf, Mack, Smith, Machassault (3yrx 7M per) Amadio (2 yr, 3M per), Joshua (2 4x4), with possibly Couture. Bystedt and Musty, as well as edstrom might get a look in camp too. That not necessarily a cup contending crew, but it should be able to put in more than this year.

On D (Skjei and montour are the top two targets but if they are unavailable)
Roy (4x4M)- Thrun
Demelo (2x5M per)- Mukhamadullin
Ferraro-Ruuta
Vlasic

Again, not a cup caliber D, but a whole lot better than this year. Cap space used up: 23M (so there would still be 10M+ for even more, and if cooch is on LTIR, then 18+M more. So add in yet another good vet D and another top forward, and I dont see why they cannot compete.

The Sharks aren't going to spend to the cap ceiling. They will spend to the floor. Celebrini isn't ready to helm this team until the 27-28. The team as a whole isn't going to be a play-off team until then. Still need pieces in the top 6 and bottom 6 as well as top 4 Dmen and a goalie.

The only way the Sharks will go above the floor is if they get a deal that gives them a pick/picks for taking on a bad contract.

Be patient this rebuild is still going to take a long time every with Celebrini.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I have no issues if one or both decide to stay in school. Let them mature another year and enjoy school before transitioning to the pro life. Moves their contracts out a year, and let's Sharks assimilate some other youngsters for a year (Muk, Gush, possibly Musty) before Celebrini and/or Smith join them for 25-26.

As a season ticker holder, would love to see them in teal sooner than later. But long term, nothing wrong with having them stay in school another year.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Cagnoni and Portland drop game 1 of the WHL final 3-2 to Moose Jaw after giving up the winning goal with less than 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period.

game 2 is tomorrow.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
The Sharks aren't going to spend to the cap ceiling. They will spend to the floor. Celebrini isn't ready to helm this team until the 27-28. The team as a whole isn't going to be a play-off team until then. Still need pieces in the top 6 and bottom 6 as well as top 4 Dmen and a goalie.

The only way the Sharks will go above the floor is if they get a deal that gives them a pick/picks for taking on a bad contract.

Be patient this rebuild is still going to take a long time every with Celebrini.
This, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see the timeline a year sooner. (26/27).

Everyone calling for us to sign big FA now are insane. We still
have a lot of pieces missing. You also don’t get many chances to tank, so while we’re here’s we really need to pickup a few more in the top 5 picks, along with additional 1st rounders. I can’t see us trading anything else for another 1st at this point, so 2025 draft may be our last to really stack up on core talent.

The only FA that should sign would be like the Duclairs who want to get picked up by a contender

Last edited:

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
This, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see the timeline a year sooner. (26/27).

have a lot of pieces missing. You also don’t get many chances to tank, so while we’re here’s we really need to pickup a few more in the top 5 picks, along with additional 1st rounders. I can’t see us trading anything else for another 1st at this point, so 2025 draft may be our last to really stack up on core talent.

The only FA that should sign would be like the Duclairs who want to get picked up by a contender
Good post, although I still hope we can move Ferraro for a first, especially if we take a short term dump back in the trade. Right now a top 5 pick is looking like another foundation building block player

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

The sad thing is, even if we get a big FA this summer we’ll still suck, even with Celebrini and Smith.

All I want out of this year is to see our prospects up and to get excited about the Sharks again… and then get to pick 2 more high end prospects to round out the pool.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It would be nice to land Marchessault but probably not very realistic.

DeBrusk, Toffoli and Arvidsson are intriguing if they're willing to accept 4 or preferably 3 year contracts.

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
It would be nice to land Marchessault but probably not very realistic.

DeBrusk, Toffoli and Arvidsson are intriguing if they're willing to accept 4 or preferably 3 year contracts.
I personally can't stand Marchessault so big bias against there but I always saw Toffoli as more of a complimentary type top 6 guy. I'd like taking a shot at Arvidsson. I always thought he was underrated, he's coming off an injury and wants to prove he can play, and I don't think he'll break the bank. I've watched Debrusk play and outside of contract years he's been disengaged and plays with guys that do the dirty work. He's also asked for a trade from Boston and it didn't feel like it was Bostons fault. I read an article saying his offensive production was down but this is if not his best, his second best NHL all round season... in a contract year.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I personally can't stand Marchessault so big bias against there but I always saw Toffoli as more of a complimentary type top 6 guy. I'd like taking a shot at Arvidsson. I always thought he was underrated, he's coming off an injury and wants to prove he can play, and I don't think he'll break the bank. I've watched Debrusk play and outside of contract years he's been disengaged and plays with guys that do the dirty work. He's also asked for a trade from Boston and it didn't feel like it was Bostons fault. I read an article saying his offensive production was down but this is if not his best, his second best NHL all round season... in a contract year.
None of them are stars but they're all smart complementary wingers who shouldn't be too expensive or demand too much term which IMO is what we should be targeting. Celebrini and Smith need decent linemates.

Reactions: OversKy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad