Roster Thread (2023-2024 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Fairly clear RJ is at least the 7th best defenseman in the organization, they just don't want him sitting in the press box potentially most nights and would rather have him logging huge minutes in Rochester.

Hopefully he is first call up if somebody goes down on the blueline and will be playing over Bryson.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Fairly clear RJ is at least the 7th best defenseman in the organization, they just don't want him sitting in the press box potentially most nights and would rather have him logging huge minutes in Rochester.

Hopefully he is first call up if somebody goes down on the blueline and will be playing over Bryson.

I think what we'll see is this -- if it's a shorter-term injury (like a game or two), we'll see Bryson in the lineup.

But if it's a week-to-week thing, I could easily see us bringing up RJ to take the injured player's spot.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

RJ might be the 4th best Dman in the organization

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
RJ might be the 4th best Dman in the organization
I'm not going to get into that before we've even played a regular season game.

I think what we'll see is this -- if it's a shorter-term injury (like a game or two), we'll see Bryson in the lineup.

But if it's a week-to-week thing, I could easily see us bringing up RJ to take the injured player's spot.
Yep

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If Bryson makes the team we RIOT!!

Or, you know, at least post aggressively on hfboards. :ha:

He's made it and he will play 40+ games this year for sure as the 7th d man. We have $8 M plus in cap and 31st in league in cap and we will play Bryson again -- a lot -- in 2023-24. I've been told over and over and over again it's not about money and here we are with a crap D and cap room and we could have easily signed someone better on D on a one-year deal. Bryson top 7 means he's playing folks. Donny Meatballs sounds like Donny Meathead when argues for Bryson still being good.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Bryson had an awful training camp last season. It was a prelude to the season he had.

He had a good camp this year. I am mildly surprised he made the team over Stillman.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I wonder if keeping Bryson over Stillman has anything to do with Bryson being able to play either side? I don't think we've seen much of Stillman on the right side.
Maybe, but we've got 3 natural righties now (Clifton, Joker, EJ) and Dahlin can always play the right anyways, I don't think they need Bryson for additional insurance there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He's made it and he will play 40+ games this year for sure as the 7th d man. We have $8 M plus in cap and 31st in league in cap and we will play Bryson again -- a lot -- in 2023-24. I've been told over and over and over again it's not about money and here we are with a crap D and cap room and we could have easily signed someone better on D on a one-year deal. Bryson top 7 means he's playing folks. Donny Meatballs sounds like Donny Meathead when argues for Bryson still being good.
I'm not sure if it's about money or management afraid to be held accountable.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
On D ….

Dahlin-Joker
Power-Clifton
Sam-EJ
bryson

last min decision bryson plays. Player injured RJ is Called up

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Don’t approve of this move at all. But whatever. We’ll cross that bridge when somebody gets hurt.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Accountable to media/fans and then in turn to ownership.

To me it seems they are afraid to take the next step.
Thanks for clarifying. You're saying maybe they haven't made moves because they were worried it would put pressure on them to make the playoffs.

I don't see that being an issue. Only because there was already pressure on them coming into the offseason from a very impatient fan base. They want the playoffs this season. The team itself has talked about playoffs being the goal as well.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
What you've been told several times about this specific situation (Bryson/Stillman #7+8 dmen) is that your cap argument makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad