RD Axel Sandin Pellikka - Skellefteå, SHL (2023, 17th, DET)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If you watched the world juniors with your homer goggles off, anybody would be able to corroborate that ASP was absolutely mid at pretty much every aspect throughout the entirety of the tournament.
Another easily disproven claim.

So:

- He played less than Willander/Lindstein (false)
- He played nearly full 2 minute PPs (false)
- He ”racked up” secondary assists (false)
- He did not play in key situations (false)
- Usually was benched for the last 3-5 minutes of games (false)
- ”anybody” agrees he was ”mid” (false)

Care to make up any more things?

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Another easily disproven claim.

So:

- He played less than Willander/Lindstein (false)
- He played nearly full 2 minute PPs (false)
- He ”racked up” secondary assists (false)
- He did not play in key situations (false)
- Usually was benched for the last 3-5 minutes of games (false)
- ”anybody” agrees he was ”mid” (false)

Care to make up any more things?
You’re welcome to re-watch the world juniors.

• Haha
Reactions: MagicMann13

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
The last 20 posts or so are mired with troll satire and no real tangible negative to his game. Gotta love it!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I mean, Vancouver vs Detroit is as neutral as you can get lmao.

Detroit fans grasping at straws here trying to invalidate an amazing reply in this thread.

Its not that neutral when ASP was picked with a pick Vancouver traded to Detroit, and then went on to win Best dman of the tournament over a Vancouver prospect who was drafted 6 spots ahead who also had a great tourney.

Theres just a lot of obvious bitterness that their lower pick they traded ended up having a better tourney than "their guy"

Reactions: MagicMann13

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
They saved him for the big games and also for powerplays. I dont get how this doesnt make sense for your best offensive dman.

he played as much at even strength as the other top 4 dmen (who are also all very good) in hard to win games, and was used even more than that (because he is the best offensively) on the powerplay.

I mean.... its just logical. He is an offensively gifted dman who can hang with the other top dmen in an all around play sense.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Good, now he can get back to putting up numbers, and the haters can get back to hating.
Three more goals and he has the record for goals by U20 defense, probably in significantly less games. 5 more and he has the U23 record.

If not for injury the guy was probably a lock to destroy the U23 defenseman goal record, at the age of 18.

He's got a bright future. I hope Detroit brings him to the A next year so he can start adapting to smaller ice.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If you watched the world juniors with your homer goggles off, anybody would be able to corroborate that ASP was absolutely mid at pretty much every aspect throughout the entirety of the tournament.
I’m going to take a wild guess and say the people
Who chose ASP as the best D watched the games, no?

Reactions: ZDH and MagicMann13

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Crazy how he seems to have a knack for scoring important goals. Zetterberg/Kane clutch gene but as a D?
Or more likely, variance. His lack of assists is concerning for an offensive forward with plenty of PP1 time over the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad