Golf: PGA TOUR 2024 FedExCup Season

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
These guys really aren't though, they all have an extra gear and most of them are leaving something in the tank.

Wyndham tees the ball down and plays a fade, if he really wanted, he could be @ 200 MPH ball speed consistently with 20+ more yards. His dispersion would suffer mightily though.

These guys know how important accuracy is. Clark had a problem with overfading it. Golf is hard
You're right, nobody really swings at 100% all the time.

I do think that Wyndham is a prime example of bomb and gauge still though. Hits it a mile, can't shape the driver both ways, smashes wedges out of the rough. Obviously it's not a 100% thing, he could swing harder every time, he could hit driver on every hole.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here we go with Scottie is the best since Tiger discussion after two wins in a row. Never mind he’s 27 (nearly 28) with only 1 major.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Here we go with Scottie is the best since Tiger discussion after two wins in a row. Never mind he’s 27 (nearly 28) with only 1 major.
He needs to win more and will never have close the career that Tiger does.

The run he is on is best since Tiger adjacent. If he wins a major this year and 2-3 more times you are gonna have to give in on your Scottie takes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He needs to win more and will never have close the career that Tiger does.

The run he is on is best since Tiger adjacent. If he wins a major this year and 2-3 more times you are gonna have to give in on your Scottie takes.
My thing is Scottie’s strokes gained and data golf numbers are great, but I almost think the advanced numbers now that people have with golf are starting to devalue winning and most importantly winning majors.

The numbers I still look at are major wins and total PGA Tour wins. Top 10’s in majors is another big one. These advanced numbers are great, but to me the bottom line for Scheffler’s career is 1 major, 8 tour wins, and 9 top 10’s in majors. Maybe he’s had the best analytics since Tiger, but his record isn’t even like top 5 cumulatively since Tiger as I see it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why are we bringing up strokes gained again?

He just went back to back at Bay Hill and Sawgrass while repeating at the latter, something no one's done.

That's rarified air

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
My thing is Scottie’s strokes gained and data golf numbers are great, but I almost think the advanced numbers now that people have with golf are starting to devalue winning and most importantly winning majors.

The numbers I still look at are major wins and total PGA Tour wins. Top 10’s in majors is another big one. These advanced numbers are great, but to me the bottom line for Scheffler’s career is 1 major, 8 tour wins, and 9 top 10’s in majors. Maybe he’s had the best analytics since Tiger, but his record isn’t even like top 5 cumulatively since Tiger as I see it.
I actually do agree he needs to win more in general and win more majors to really put himself in that conversation, but I feel the signs are all there that this is sustainable.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why are we bringing up strokes gained again?

He just went back to back at Bay Hill and Sawgrass while repeating at the latter, something no one's done.

That's rarified air
Because people after these two wins are starting to suggest he's the best since Tiger.

Those two wins obviously aren't the case for why he's the best since Tiger.

The case is that the strokes gained and all these metrics (data golf numbers, proximity from X yards, tee to green numbers) are comically good and suggest potentially the highest level of golf since Tiger.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I actually do agree he needs to win more in general and win more majors to really put himself in that conversation, but I feel the signs are all there that this is sustainable.

The Players Championship has always been a glorified major and now it just feels like a rich man's elevated event.

Major wins are everything and the only thing that puts a player in the "among the GOATs" conversation. Look no farther than Rory for evidence that the Majors have that aura about them that makes winning them considerably more impressive than any other event.

I don't see Sheffler as having that killer instinct needed to accumulate enough majors to separate him from being one of the best of the rest all-time, even he reaches that point. But he certainly has the tools. His tee-to-green is incredible.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I really think its as simple as can he be an above average putter.

He is so good tee-to-green that if he is an above average putter, he will win a lot of majors and a lot of events. His short game is also ridiculously good.

He has not been an above average putter for a sustained period in his career though so that is a lot to ask,

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Clark leading the way by 4 strokes. He's been playing excellent golf this season and showing us why his major win maybe wasn't going to be flash in the pan we thought it was.
So happy that bellend Clark didn't win. His caddie lining his putts up with a wedge has to be one of the grossest things I have ever seen. Never mind the various scummy/cheating adjacent things he does seemingly every week.

Guy is the worst.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We still don’t have a popular non-Scottie winner this year yet. Would be bad for the Tour if they went to Augusta with that being the case.

Congrats to Peter Malnati and all those others, but the ratings for last weekend couldn’t have been good and that’s been the case earlier in the year too.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
IMG_5293.jpeg

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Scheffler missed a five footer to get into a playoff for three in a row.

His putting and some bad iron shots let him down big time down the stretch.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Denny McCarthy is working on an all-time comeback right now against Akshay Bhatia. I think he was down by 6 or 7 after 3 holes? Now down by 1 with a couple to play.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
What a back 9 by McCarthy and then dumps it in the water in the playoff. Golf is hard.
Bhatia taping his shoulder to hit a wedge and it taking 15 minutes was not ideal.

Rest up tonight, boys, because starting tomorrow it's Masters Week!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad