News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Nearly anybody who's bought a ticket to anything in the last decade, not just STMs.

I hope they have to pay it and I hope the money is never found. f*** ticketmaster.
I mean, anybody who thinks that once any sort of "payment" is made their data isn't still going to end up on the dark web doesn't understand criminals criming.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, anybody who thinks that once any sort of "payment" is made their data isn't still going to end up on the dark web doesn't understand criminals criming.
I’d assume they’re going to make a killing selling there as well anyways, if you can get paid twice of course you’re going to do it if this is your career. I’ve assumed since I saw the headline the dark web already has the “list”.

Feels like a Bourne or Bond movie.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Why does it bother me that these are pronounced differently?

The thing does have an explanation: the two words have come to the English language by two different routes.

crime From Middle English cryme, crime, from Old French crime, crimne, from Latin crīmen. Displaced native Old English firen.

criminal From Middle English cryminal, borrowed from Anglo-Norman criminal, from Late Latin criminalis, from Latin crimen (“crime”).

And as you might've suspected, yes, it was the French, again.

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Irrespective of this Ticketmaster thing, I highly recommend you put a freeze on all of your credit reports and watch your credit card statements for any fraudulent activity. I've had a few CC's stolen through some sources in recent years and the credit card company usually caught it before I did.

Credit freezes and un-freezes are free for North Carolina residents (not sure about other states). You just have to remember to lift the freeze when you apply for credit. It can be done online and is flexible in that you can do it for a specific creditor or a specific period of time.

It's not 100% bulletproof, but it does help substantially.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Irrespective of this Ticketmaster thing, I highly recommend you put a freeze on all of your credit reports and watch your credit card statements for any fraudulent activity. I've had a few CC's stolen through some sources in recent years and the credit card company usually caught it before I did.

Credit freezes and un-freezes are free for North Carolina residents (not sure about other states). You just have to remember to lift the freeze when you apply for credit. It can be done online and is flexible in that you can do it for a specific creditor or a specific period of time.

It's not 100% bulletproof, but it does help substantially.
Agree with this.

Someone used my ss# years ago and filed a bogus tax return plus tried to open credit cards. It took me three years to get IRS resolved.

After that, I froze the credit bureaus and request a pin every year from the IRS for tax filing.

Even with that, I’ve had to get new Amex cards 3x over last five years.

IT security in Corporate America and Healthcare sucks. Never provide your SS# to Doctors either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad