OT: NBA & Basketball - 2023-24 Season

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Tonight was the first time I watched the NBA in like, a lot of years. Is traveling still a thing or did they eliminate that? Lol.
I saw Brunson take 4 or 5 steps to the basket on one play then an another they called Hartenstein for a double dribble for doing nothing (which they ultimately waived off).

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Unless that was a really bad hamstring cramp for OG, he's going to be out for the rest of the this series. You can't rush a hamstring.

I know you never want to do it, but they might need to punt one of these games in Indy. I'm not saying to sit guys, but just roll the rotation minutes way back and see if someone steps in shit and can play for 6-8 minutes a game moving forward.

Burks is going to have to play now. McBride might have play near 35 minutes. Achiuwa might have to play 40 minutes. You're going to have to rotate Sims in for a bit too.

You held serve at home. The Pacers are just complaining about the refs the entire time. They're going to get their calls in Game 3 just like Philly did. If it's going that route, you have to do what is best for the series.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Unless that was a really bad hamstring cramp for OG, he's going to be out for the rest of the this series. You can't rush a hamstring.

I know you never want to do it, but they might need to punt one of these games in Indy. I'm not saying to sit guys, but just roll the rotation minutes way back and see if someone steps in shit and can play for 6-8 minutes a game moving forward.

Burks is going to have to play now. McBride might have play near 35 minutes. Achiuwa might have to play 40 minutes. You're going to have to rotate Sims in for a bit too.

You held serve at home. The Pacers are just complaining about the refs the entire time. They're going to get their calls in Game 3 just like Philly did. If it's going that route, you have to do what is best for the series.
I'm hoping OG just had a minor cramp.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
it's literally all you hear about from fans coaches and media.

refs refs refs
bitch bitch bitch
new york bias waaaah

no honor, just whining

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

See I would totally punt Game 3. Sit Brunson, DVD, Hart, IHart. All of 'em. Put in Jeffries, Toppin and Sims plus Milton and deal with the 50 point loss. Plus it would be tremendous shade on Carlisle for the Pacers' win to come with the ENTIRE starting lineup and second string sitting/injured.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
See I would totally punt Game 3. Sit Brunson, DVD, Hart, IHart. All of 'em. Put in Jeffries, Toppin and Sims plus Milton and deal with the 50 point loss. Plus it would be tremendous shade on Carlisle for the Pacers' win to come with the ENTIRE starting lineup and second string sitting/injured.

No way. This team is where it is because it fights for every inch, no matter what. If Rick's son is genuinely hurt, then we go to war with Deuce-DDV-Josh-Precious-iHart. But if he's good to go he's starting so we can try to finish this series early and hope that the Cavs draw that series out.
I thought Nick Nurse was bad last series, but holy crap, Carlislie is EVEN MORE whiny.

You think so? I ended up leaving the game on & catching his presser, and to me he came off way better than Nurse...who was always super whiny. Carlisle sounded more like he was just working the refs before going home, the way Phil Jackson used to.

Plus he handled game 1...when they had some stuff to complain about..very well and all of his players are saying the right things, so that's probably what they are hearing behind closed doors.

It's not like Thibs isn't working the refs too :dunno:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I saw Brunson take 4 or 5 steps to the basket on one play then an another they called Hartenstein for a double dribble for doing nothing (which they ultimately waived off).

Do you remember which play that was? Because Jalen's footwork is just incredible, typically if you go back on leaguepass and slow it down to count his steps, he never takes more than 3 after the gather. So I'd be very surprised if he did actually travel.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Do you remember which play that was? Because Jalen's footwork is just incredible, typically if you go back on leaguepass and slow it down to count his steps, he never takes more than 3 after the gather. So I'd be very surprised if he did actually travel.
I don't have league pass but it was probably in the 3rd quarter - it was on a drive right through the paint.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Mitch out, OG out, Randle out , Jb probably not at 100%.All the pressure is on the Pacers to win this game , feels like a trap game TBH . I have a feeling this team will steal 1 of the 2 road games , there is just something about this team and their mental make up .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mitch out, OG out, Randle out , Jb probably not at 100%.All the pressure is on the Pacers to win this game , feels like a trap game TBH . I have a feeling this team will steal 1 of the 2 road games , there is just something about this team and their mental make up .

Hopefully it's Sunday because I'll be at that one lol
I don't have league pass but it was probably in the 3rd quarter - it was on a drive right through the paint.

I'll try to remember to take a look so I can find it. Because they definitely miss some travels...but with Jalen his footwork is typically just perfect. Which is why I was curious.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Down 5 on the road w/o Randle,OG,Mitch and Hali having the half of his life and JB not playing well yet ..If I am a Pacer fan I am feeling reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal tight , everything in their favor and all they could manage was a 5 point lead..

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Hartenstein, grab a f***ing rebound.You must have tipped 4 balls out that gave them extra possesions.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
I really think the Knicks win game 4 , Pacers needed a fookin miracle ..Missed FTs cost the team once again ..JB was horrible at the end but I think he is hobbled , he hit some big shots though..Don't feel too bad about this one

Reactions: majordomo

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Knicks shot themselves in the foot.Missed free throws,rebounds,turnovers when up 9.Brunson was clearly struggling tonight.Hopefully he's better for Sundays game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad