NHL Entry Draft: My Mock Draft

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
This is my version of a mock with the teams who have the draft order set. To me there is a top 14 in the draft and then it drops down a tier. Yes there are some players after 14 who can jump up into that top tier but I just feel bad for the players I have slotted in the 10-14 range. They all have potential to go a lot higher.

1 - SJ - Celebrini
Very obvious choice.

2 - CHI - Demidov
I can see them going for a D here but the potential of a Bedard / Demidov 1/2 offensive combo is just too hard to pass up.

3 - ANA - Levshunov
I am assuming that they are leaning toward defence here and Levshunov fills their biggest need and is BPA in my opinion.

4 - CLB - Silayev
He is a true wild card for me. NHL scouts love him while HF posters aren’t as high on him. He may not be a sexy pick but he will be highly regarded.

5 - MON - Lindstrom
Habs are building a team around size. He fits the mold and is very arguably BPA here.

6 - UTA - Buium
He has sky high potential and I can see Utah wanting to draft a D. He could be a perfect partner to Simishev.

7 - OTT - Iginla
His stock has been rising all year long. Someone will be in love with him and take him early.

8 - SEA - Dickinson
I am very big on him. He will be a great top four minute munching D for years to come. Coaches love players like him.

9 - CAL - Parekh
Flames are lacking in offence defencemen. Parekh possibly has the best potential in the entire draft class.

10 - NJ - Catton
I hate that I had him fall to #10. This years draft is so top heavy that someone will fall. He should be picked before here ideally.

11 - BUF - Sennecke
Biggest playoff riser for me. Buffalo doesn’t need D and he comes with size to go with his skill. Something Buffalo would be looking for.

12 - PHI - Yakemchuk
A 6’3 D man who scored 30 goals in 66 games should not last this long in the draft. There is so much depth in the draft that someone will be a faller and I am not necessarily thinking it will be Yakemchuk.

13 - MIN - Eiserman
I hate it that I have him falling all the way to #13. He should be picked higher here. BPA

14 - SJ - Helenius
Once again look at the past few players selected and how the depth of the draft made them slip. He is a better prospect than #14 but someone has to fall.

15 - DET - Brandsegg-Nygard
Just about every mock draft has him going to Detroit. Lots of time where there is smoke there is fire.

16 - STL - Greentree
I am huge on Greentree and I can see him being a surprise earlier pick. He has size and skill.

17 - WAS - Connelly
If you go off of just offensive potential then he goes a lot higher than #17. Some teams may be put off by him and he slips.

18 - NYI - Jiricek
I’m not so sure of their biggest need but he could very well be BPA at this point.

19 - VGK - Chernyshov
If he was born and raised in North America I’m sure he would be picked higher. Slipped due to the Russian effect.

20 - CHI - Sahlin-Wallenius
I can really see Chicago drafting a D here. Plays a strong two way game and is a solid piece to build with.

21 - LA - Emery
Solid defender to who will depth to whoever drafts him.

22 - NAS - Hage
Size and skill. Many teams will be in on him. I think he will be pretty sought after.

23 - TOR - Hutson
I’m calling this the brother effect. He has really high potential and with the way his brother has been, I can see a team willing to jump on him earlier.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I certainly wouldn’t be mad at Helenius with #14, but I think Brandsegg-Nygard is a better fit for the Sharks.

Reactions: Grinner

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
I certainly wouldn’t be mad at Helenius with #14, but I think Brandsegg-Nygard is a better fit for the Sharks.
More of Sennecke guy, but it seems like he's not going to last to 14. Will be interesting to see who slips in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad