Marner has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Regardless of how poorly Marner played these playoffs and how whiny he can be there is no way he should need body guards in his home town. He can’t walk the streets if TO without being recognized. Fans need to accept they might think they know the players when actuslly they don’t. In public Unless it’s a child approaching a player the player has no clue the intent of that person coming towards them.
Agreed... is that what is happening though, I haven't heard.

I thought he was trying to keep some of the media at bay as per the OP.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed... is that what is happening though, I haven't heard.

I thought he was trying to keep some of the media at bay as per the OP.
Why else would he need body guards. He knows who the reporters are and can simply not answer their questions. Has to be more to it, no?

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
loki-loki-odinson.gif

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

you left out the rest of the quote

"we already made it and are getting paid millions of dollars, now take a cue from Matthews and our Captain over there and stop pretending to care, the sooner we finish losing this series the sooner we can go get some golfing in"

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
plot twist: this is because of the rap beef

would be a bombshell

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Is that account actually Rocket Security or just some idiot fan using the name? Seriously would an actual security company be involved in these chat rooms and use their own name?
That is the real instagram account of Greg Leavers, who is a private security guard known as Rocket.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We've all seen what some Leafs fans willingly post on these boards, is it really a surprise if some are crazy enough to threaten him directly?
It's not personal security, no one is threatening him. It's security to keep members of the media away from him so he doesn't have to be held accountable and explain himself for his piss poor performance.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Is that account actually Rocket Security or just some idiot fan using the name? Seriously would an actual security company be involved in these chat rooms and use their own name?
How do we even know if Marner has hired security? And now they have a name, and argue with fans?

Reactions: Fatass

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
For those keyboard worriers here deciding that they can abuse people based upon how much they get paid. Get you head out of your asses

Just for the education of some. After year end interviews it is the custom for Media to leave players alone until training camp. based on a few pod cast, the media has decided not to do that for MM. Sounds like they are still trying to get him to do interviews in now what is now the off season. But my guess none of you care about that. But he makes sooooo much money. JT and AM make more

Why JT is being left along is what baffles the mind. Last 4 playoff season MM has matched AM in pts in the playoffs. JT not so much

Why so much hatred towards MM? The media does not have the BALLS to go after AM or JT.

Oiler fans can agree that the media when it comes to deciding what players the fans will hate the most---they will be the ones to decide who to aim the fans at.

TO media for lots of different reasons have decided MM is the bad guy. AS much as I hate all things leaf--there are free passes being giving to guys who need to be held accountable and the main guy is JT
I agree with a lot of this, but why does it takes BALLS to go after AM or JT?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Didn't that carjacking happen two years ago?

Doesn't the OP state he just hired personal security recently?

James Mirtle is saying that the personal security was hired to harass media. I don’t believe that for one second.

Mirtle is just bitter. What I do know, living in Toronto myself is that violence is on the rise, car jackings are on the rise and the fans in this city been saying crazy shit online. I doubt he hired security for the media but more so for overall protection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad