Luc-ifer: dark lord with white hair

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
This is cued up to the part where Luc talks straight out of his ass. This actually could be used to commit him - its that delusional

Tragic. I started watching, and was immediately put into a trance listening to Rob and Luc. When I finally snapped out of it, it was over. Did anyone ask Rob that if he had to do it over, would he still of made the 1st and Faber for PLD trade? Wait, Rob probably would of just said "well, I'll have to get back to you on that." So, nevermind.

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
More insanity from the source

Tragic. This means as I suspected, management is okay with the Kings being continuously pushed around, and there will be no trade made for a bigly body (aka Kostin) to crash the net, or at least stand if front (of the other team's) net, and sometimes getting mad, and punching an opponent in the face when liberties are taken.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Until he shows he can do anything else of value, that should be PLD's role: stand in front of the net, take all the physical abuse, get hit by pucks, and wave his stick around until the goalie goes nuts.

Reactions: theMajor

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
By Luc's theory, you could say that they were "right there" in getting swept. One game won in OT -- lucky to have won that game (almost seemed like Edm wasn't fully into that game and was expecting to cruise with less effort).

Or even "right there" in missing the playoffs and being a Lottery team.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
By Luc's theory, you could say that they were "right there" in getting swept. One game won in OT -- lucky to have won that game (almost seemed like Edm wasn't fully into that game and was expecting to cruise with less effort).

Exactly

The delusion is real

This was the Kings front office an hour before each playoff game

1715184150913.png

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I’d expect more insight of them from acid — maybe a crack pipe instead? :)
I think the poster child for hallucinogens' and the warped of the world that they give somebody was John Lennon

Listen to the song Imagine

Then read up about what kind of person Lennon REALLY was

Starting with his first marriage, to Cynthia Powell, whom he impregnated while she was renting his childhood bedroom in Liverpool during the Beatles' Hamburg years, Lennon did many things that can only be classified as classically bad. According to the Lennons' housekeeper, Dorothy Jartlett, in a recently discovered letter written 50 years ago, the years following the birth of their son, Julian, saw Lennon as an absent father who would criticize and even smack the sensitive Julian for things like having bad table manners. (Actually, Jartlett said, "Julian's table manners were, if anything, better than average.") Throughout the marriage, Lennon slept with other women and would leave drugs "lying around the house." Things came to a head when he drunkenly told Cynthia about his affair with the Japanese artist Yoko Ono. Soon after Ono revealed she was pregnant, Lennon's divorce was finalized at the end of 1968.

He admits to hitting women—"any woman"—and explains, "That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace."

Although Ono was mocked and despised for supposedly destroying the Beatles' floppy-haired camaraderie, it was Lennon who would make her accompany him to both band practices and the bathroom

Sure the great philosopher, Rick James, was correct in saying that "Cocaine is a hell of a drug" but hallucinogens can really paint a uptopia that isn't there and no one else can see. Look no further than the Kings front office

To summate:
images

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

I wonder if the Oilers bloggers are like “you know….that one win didn’t make difference in the series so I’m gonna call it a one-loss sweep!”

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Playoffs are scored like boxing. Every stinking round might be decided by a razor thin edge, but if you lost all 12 rounds, no, your ass got blown out.

Edmonton routed the Kings.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Blake and Luc are like politicians trying to get re-elected and they have to sell you on how good the economy was under them.

The only progress that happened this season was Byfield. I don't see progression anywhere else.

Record was worse.
Lost in 5 games in the playoffs.
Coach got fired.
Special teams were even worse in the playoffs this year.
The big move (PLD) was a disaster.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
The only progress that happened this season was Byfield. I don't see progression anywhere else.

Lost in ... the playoffs
That's the only "progress" that really matters.

The Kings fired a coach in 2012 and had a high profile acquisition be a total non-factor for more than an entire season (but scored a pivotal goal)
The Kings had a bunch of players put up record seasons in 2017-18 but got swept

You can hunt and peck through every season for positives and negatives

This is why I keep harping on Goodhart's Law

You don't win playoff series through measuring the categories you progressed in

You win playoff series by winning playoff games

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
if you’re measuring progress at this point, you’re wandering in the desert of moral victories. It’s funny how all the talk of confidence got chucked as soon as the season ended. Why isn’t Rob talking about confidence as the next summer project for whomever he saddles with the coaching gig?

Now that the players couldn’t find their confidence, the fans are told to focus on progress. We’re just skipping right past the need for the fans to be more confident. This new trope of the retooled system is what we’ll be fed for the most part over the next several months.

And for the sliver of fans who know the names of the kids, they’ll get thrown some bones. Now the QB has shown the Kings don’t 100% suck at drafting and developing, the media mouthpieces are given the ok to fluff kids for spots on the big club. So that’s part two of the hopium / copium koolaid we’re about to guzzle.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think the poster child for hallucinogens' and the warped of the world that they give somebody was John Lennon

[...]
It wasnt acid it was Loco Ono.. he admitted it was her writings that gave him the idea for the song..utopian / marxist idealism... his song Revolution was a much better message to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad